Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis - continuation (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=478578)

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 9:03am | Post# 1

Genesis - continuation

I would like to meet the followers and exchange trading ideas about trading this system.

Also if I can use this opportunity to thank all the members who selflessly contributed to the original thread.

Gold Miner Apr 4, 2014 9:06am | Post# 2

Yeah, count on me.

Gold Miner Apr 4, 2014 9:07am | Post# 3

Genesis is a good system. Don't let it die......

jimi Apr 4, 2014 9:37am | Post# 4

yeap!

jimi Apr 4, 2014 9:40am | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
yesterday's golden gain............

please, feel free to comment and interactive

thk

J
Click to Enlarge

Name: gold_03_04_2014.png
Size: 61 KB

jimi Apr 4, 2014 9:53am | Post# 6

if you don't mind I would like post even loss trade, just to comment it each others

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 10:07am | Post# 7

if you don't mind I would like post even loss trade, just to comment it each others
Thanks for posting Jimi.
It's good to post winning and losing trades - that's more realistic (closer to real trading). We can learn more that way rather than posting only winning trades we chose with the benefit of hindsight.

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 10:30am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
I got in this gbp/jpy short after matrix turned red. Now in hindsight M15 stochastic looks good, but at that time it was only temporarily crossing down. I've noticed if you wait for a confirmed cross on M15 it's usually late. So most of the time I take a chance.

PS In the hindsight M15 stochastic usually looks lovely on working set ups. Sometimes it looks nice during entry, but later on turns bad and vice versa - looks bad, but after the event looks as if it was really nice.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gj.JPG
Size: 173 KB

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 10:48am | Post# 9

I'm expecting from this trade for the price to drop to the low of that big NFP candle which is S2 at the same time (if my pivot indicator is to be trusted).

ATM the price is ranging around MS2 - already bounced off it once

PS I'll exit the trade if there is opposite genesis signal before it drops to S2 (if all the dots on matrix turn blue)

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 11:03am | Post# 10

Yeah, count on me.
Thanks Gold Miner

Feel free to post your trades with explanations

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 11:50am | Post# 11

I'm expecting from this trade for the price to drop to the low of that big NFP candle which is S2 at the same time (if my pivot indicator is to be trusted). ATM the price is ranging around MS2 - already bounced off it once PS I'll exit the trade if there is opposite genesis signal before it drops to S2 (if all the dots on matrix turn blue)
Looking if it can drop to MS3 and stop to S2

john3344 Apr 4, 2014 11:56am | Post# 12

Thanks for keeping the dream alive. It's my hope that everyone who finds this thread on their path prosper through their participation. We shall remember RJs work for all it's positive influence on those who heard his message. And thank you RJ. Without you there would be no Genesis method to continue.

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 12:03pm | Post# 13

Thanks for keeping the dream alive. It's my hope that everyone who finds this thread on their path prosper through their participation. We shall remember RJs work for all it's positive influence on those who heard his message. And thank you RJ. Without you there would be no Genesis method to continue.
Thanks John.
I like the way you put it - agree with you 100%

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 12:09pm | Post# 14

{quote} Looking if it can drop to MS3 and stop to S2
It dropped to MS3 and I'm out at 171.29

demoreal Apr 4, 2014 12:12pm | Post# 15

{quote} It dropped to MS3 and I'm out at 171.29
I wouldn't enter any trades now as it is too late

Have a nice weekend

dan237 Apr 4, 2014 4:43pm | Post# 16

count me in!

jimi Apr 4, 2014 4:56pm | Post# 17

{quote}Have a nice weekend

to you too

josetxu11 Apr 4, 2014 6:51pm | Post# 18

Hi,

How can I get indicators for the new mt4?

Thanks

jimi Apr 5, 2014 3:13am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
I got in this gbp/jpy short after matrix turned red. Now in hindsight M15 stochastic looks good, but at that time it was only temporarily crossing down. I've noticed if you wait for a confirmed cross on M15 it's usually late. So most of the time I take a chance. PS In the hindsight M15 stochastic usually looks lovely on working set ups. Sometimes it looks nice during entry, but later on turns bad and vice versa - looks bad, but after the event looks as if it was really nice. {image}
I took the same trade.
I was worried about the HTF was not yet fully red; in fact PA retraced up before continue down

in any case congrats

unfortunately, only few days are simple to trade just like yesterday afternoon................ it'd be too easy.....

Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpym504042014.png
Size: 74 KB

demoreal Apr 5, 2014 5:59am | Post# 20

{quote} I took the same trade. I was worried about the HTF was not yet fully red; in fact PA retraced up before continue down in any case congrats unfortunately, only few days are simple to trade just like yesterday afternoon................ it'd be too easy..... {image}
If only…

I’ve been trying to make it profitable for some time now and it’s not easy. As I mentioned earlier higher time frame stochastic tends to change a lot and only after the fact it appears as if everything was nice and easy. If you wait for everything confirmed and proper, you often miss the train.

I did some screen recording and was checking set ups while they were forming. Quite a few times they looked really nice at that time, just to turn sour afterwards. IMO it’s difficult to do proper back testing as the things look different afterwards.

Also noticed about the arrows - I’ve read that it’s higher probability trade if for example you take trades that have compatible 5m and 15m arrows. Well few times I found out that once 5 m arrow appears in the same direction as previous 15 m arrow that move is already overextended and price moves back. So I don't use 15 m arrows and also turned off the alarm on 5 m arrows as I find it highly distractive. Would be nice to hear from somebody who uses arrows successfully though as I failed miserably to see the arrows usefulness.

So as RJ pointed this system is not for beginners. If I may add it’s not for experienced traders as well unless they do a lot of trades and get to know it really well. I’m still trying on a demo account of course - wouldn't risk any money. Only if I get consistent results/profits I will try it with real money.

Hopefully there may be some nice posts and ideas from fortunate members who managed to make profit on a regular basis

PS I've noticed you have ASCI trend indicator with 15m, 30m and 1H. These are arrows aren't they? So hourly was red all the time, but if you waited for 30m to turn red you would have missed a big chunk of move (assuming you waited for 30 minutes for confirmation as that color is fixed only after 30 minutes period finished). So short entry would have been around S2 - I wouldn't have entered there though. And yesterday was NFP, so price was quite enthusiastic. But on normal days it would mean entering at the end of the move, wouldn't it?

© Forex Factory