Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Crosses and exotics (gbp/aud...) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/47416-crosses-and-exotics-gbpaud)

boxingislife Sep 17, 2007 3:42pm | Post# 1

Crosses and exotics (gbp/aud...)

1 Attachment(s)
gbpaud 4h

caught my eye after lookin at all the pairs the broker is offering

nice pullback with reverse divergence. really good signal in my book

im just not sure since i never traded this pair before but damn its got a pretty big range and a big F'in spread to go with it.

what u guys think? i might take it with a small amount and trade it synthetic using gbpusd and audusd that way itl cost me like 6-7 pips rather than 20
Name:  ga.gif
Views: 2058
Size:  17 KB

philmcgrew Sep 17, 2007 4:54pm | Post# 2

gbpaud 4h

caught my eye after lookin at all the pairs the broker is offering

nice pullback with reverse divergence. really good signal in my book

what u guys think? i might take it with a small amount and trade it synthetic using gbpusd and audusd that way itl cost me like 6-7 pips rather than 20
Nice spot on the reverse (hidden) divergence. In my opinion, it's one of, if not the most powerful signal in trading.

Ouch on the 20 pip spread. There's one broker who would rather you not trade that pair. Personally, they wouldn't get my account if they showed a price like that.

WTB Sep 17, 2007 4:54pm | Post# 3

I sniff through 20-something crosses every day searching for trending pairs. GBPCAD, GBPAUD, GBPNZD, EURAUD, etc they all have a 200+ pip range so paying 5 extra pips to get into the trade is no big deal.

I recommend you to search for setups on non-major crosses - the more options, the more chances to find worthy trading opportunities.

PS: 20 pip spread?!?! gotta change brokers mate!

boxingislife Sep 17, 2007 5:16pm | Post# 4

lol na i dont trade with my mt4 broker just charting purposes

my broker doesnt offer gbp/aud after searching so will have to trade synthetic. i figured since the one im using for charting will have the same or similar spread as my actual broker

anyways i took a short at 2.3986

phil
i agree that reverse divergence is amazing and usually my best confirmation to a signal

wtb
aside from the ones u mentioned, one i really liked is eur/nzd. gbp/nzd is hard to find from what i noticed but moves big time

boxingislife Sep 18, 2007 5:15pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
was one hell of a trade

300+ pips

Name:  ga2.gif
Views: 1794
Size:  17 KB

melpheos Sep 27, 2007 4:14pm | Post# 6

was one hell of a trade

300+ pips

I'm still trading the Boxingislife way

This one was a nice spot...

boxingislife Aug 9, 2008 5:15am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
becoming a favorite of mine

bought after the break
around 1426
got out at 1560

pretty easy trade and high prob

anyone else trade these exotic crosses?
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpaud trade.gif
Size: 20 KB

gmohata Aug 9, 2008 6:19am | Post# 8

i trade crosses - a lot of times as a hedge against a major pair - at the moment i am short EUR/JPY, GBP/AUD, NZD/JPY and long on AUD/NZD (this one since yesterday)

Bottomline i agree - crosses are very good at markets like we are now.

Alex2222 Dec 14, 2012 4:13am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
hi

As you can see in H4 a strong low barrier in 1.5620 support area has been made by the price. We are expecting to have a growth in the chart if the

1.5326 is broken above.

Click to Enlarge

Name: e.jpg
Size: 73 KB

Emanuel Dec 21, 2012 9:15pm | Post# 10

I believe this pair ought to resume its downtrend: In the long run, opt for shorting.

Emanuel Dec 21, 2012 9:31pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
stochastics are signaling a reverse divergence on the daily chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD122112.jpg
Size: 142 KB

Emanuel Dec 24, 2012 6:03pm | Post# 12

@Slim Buffett: No need to delete ones post because any given trend goes against you. It's the nature of what we do.

I still have no idea why this pair has kept going up, though. 'Fundamentally speaking', the MACD was 'downward spiraling' and momentum doesn't really justify it's convexity. Stochastics are painting a different picture, I would like to name this pair: the 'quantum cross'.

© Forex Factory