Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Eitan's Project (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470225)

Pips200 Jul 31, 2014 6:56am | Post# 6081

Hey Pips200, remember that MD has still to be proven with deep backtesting (not already done), so be careful...i see you also are taking advantage by retracments, after the day the signal in MD has dispatched...and this is a good thing, IF the system will be proven very robust,on any pair. But please, do backtest yourself, before to be sure...maybe it performs good in some currency and a bit less in another currency pairs
I know it.
I have some problem with BT of Eitan.The program doesnt'work perfectly
Id he could tell us in which folder he put it .....

cariddi74 Jul 31, 2014 7:03am | Post# 6082

{quote} I know it. I have some problem with BT of Eitan.The program doesnt'work perfectly Id he could tell us in which folder he put it .....
Until then, you can BT visually, as i do, usually.

BobMorane Jul 31, 2014 7:21am | Post# 6083

{quote} Until then, you can BT visually, as i do, usually.
and its much quicker, F12 is your friend
since the indicators dont repaint you can test a lot in a short period of time.

i personally like to test more pairs only for this year instead of some pairs but for a few years because i think because of the low volatility a lot of trading types which worked in 2011/2012 having problems in 2013/2014 for this reason i am so happy with eitans trading style
(at this point thanks again eitan)
because it even works now.

pending Jul 31, 2014 7:30am | Post# 6084

HOW TO BACKTEST ON MT4.

I am not much of an expert on MT4 but my wonderful Sister is. These instructions were given to me to use, Unfortunately I have not yet had time to do more than play around on this, however I do intend on back testing these methods. Perhaps if everyone finds this easy to use we could split up the testing and all take a few pairs and methods to lighten the workload, then publish here.

1. Open a blank chart and attache only the indicator(s) you want to test to the chart.
Then save the chart as a template maned tester.tpl

2. presss Ctrl-R to open MT4's strategy tester, then enter the settings exactly as in the screenshot below ie;

Expert Sdvisor; MACD Sample ( we are simply ysing this factory supplied EA as a 'dummy' EA.
We are not interested in the test results; we merely want to see the extent to which the indicators repaint)
Symbol; (whatever pair you want to test
Period; (whatever time frame you want to test
Optimization; check this is OFF
Model; Open prices only
Use date; Check this is ON and select a date range over which you want to run the test
Visual mode; check this is ON. Move slider to speed 10-12 (the speed is shown in the little help bubble that pops up.
The Skip to date is irrelevant.

3. Click the 'Start' button to start the process. You can click the pause/play button (next to the speed slider) to pause/continue the chart video. Then stop at any candle that generates a signal.

I sincerely hope this helps........ happy testing!!!

hannele Jul 31, 2014 8:51am | Post# 6085

HOW TO BACKTEST ON MT4. I am not much of an expert on MT4 but my wonderful Sister is. These instructions were given to me to use, Unfortunately I have not yet had time to do more than play around on this, however I do intend on back testing these methods. Perhaps if everyone finds this easy to use we could split up the testing and all take a few pairs and methods to lighten the workload, then publish here. 1. Open a blank chart and attache only the indicator(s) you want to test to the chart. Then save the chart as a template maned tester.tpl 2....
Thank you belongs to Hanover
cheers
hannele

ridu07 Jul 31, 2014 7:18pm | Post# 6086

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Etan,
Pls check whether my entry is perfect or not?????? I am waiting for ur reply...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 87 KB

Bartleby Jul 31, 2014 7:22pm | Post# 6087

Hello Etan, Pls check whether my entry is perfect or not?????? I am waiting for ur reply... {image}
i think you don´t need to wait for Eitan.
This is not a perfect entry, because
1) the not correct order of moving averages and the tunnel.
2) you´re not using the new addition to mts the trend indicator
3) the stoch cross is far from being perfect as well. (not coming from 15)

hope that helps

ridu07 Jul 31, 2014 7:25pm | Post# 6088

Another question to u Etan... Among all the systems u discuss in this thread which one is best according to you???? Which system u follow personally ?????

ridu07 Jul 31, 2014 8:16pm | Post# 6089

{quote} i think you don´t need to wait for Eitan. This is not a perfect entry, because 1) the not correct order of moving averages and the tunnel. 2) you´re not using the new addition to mts the trend indicator 3) the stoch cross is far from being perfect as well. (not coming from 15) hope that helps
Thank u so much bartleby.... Can u pls share an screenshot of your's about perfect entry with explanation.... It will be really helpful for me...

Vigovski Jul 31, 2014 8:36pm | Post# 6090

Another question to u Etan... Among all the systems u discuss in this thread which one is best according to you???? Which system u follow personally ?????
did you ever read thread and posts ? sory but im so tired repating same things over over over over and over again... Please go to summary and start reading from there it will take your only 1 weekend... After this.. I really don't want to answer so newbie questions here.. Eitan already did very hard work to developing and teaching systems at the begining.. Why people cant read ? I explained rules very clear there and still i see charts like this and asking for confirmation.. Please if you have any questions according to improve this systems they are all welcome.. But not like this.. Please study old posts and read them..

Hi folks , if you see some questions like this please lead our new buddies to old posts with answers and summaries.. There is enough information

Thanks.

Since page 50, we are answering same questions..

Bartleby Jul 31, 2014 8:36pm | Post# 6091

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank u so much bartleby.... Can u pls share an screenshot of your's about perfect entry with explanation.... It will be really helpful for me...
it is maybe not completely perfect, but hopefully will help you.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470225 Page 1 , post 1 is the obvious starting point .
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDH4.png
Size: 100 KB

cariddi74 Jul 31, 2014 8:46pm | Post# 6092

{quote} it is maybe not completely perfect, but hopefully will help you. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470225 Page 1 , post 1 is the obvious starting point . {image}
Hi Bartleby.. your entry example is VERY good (hint..but this is personal by me, not MTS rule: the fact that there are yellow dots ABOVE the rectracment before your entry give this entry a very solid added safeness,in addiction with all the other things perfectly lined up).
My compliments

For RIDU07: as Vigo said, it seems you have ideas very confused. Please find time to read everything with calm, it's all in thread.
Also this the link for the so called "post 1 of the new systems" where the first of the systems born lastly (MTS) has been discussed with rules, etc.. :
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...71#post7570571

Pips200 Aug 1, 2014 4:36am | Post# 6093

First results MD beta relese
no good for GJ and AJ i'm going to flat

ridu07 Aug 1, 2014 5:37am | Post# 6094

{quote} did you ever read thread and posts ? sory but im so tired repating same things over over over over and over again... Please go to summary and start reading from there it will take your only 1 weekend... After this.. I really don't want to answer so newbie questions here.. Eitan already did very hard work to developing and teaching systems at the begining.. Why people cant read ? I explained rules very clear there and still i see charts like this and asking for confirmation.. Please if you have any questions according to improve this systems...
Thank u so much vigovski.... I really appriciate whtever u say..... U guys do much hard work to build and share such amazing system.... I also like to read the whole thread from the beginning to end..... But the problem is with my internet connection... From couple of weeks i got very low internet speed... I don't know whts the prob.... May be this prob with my pc or internet service provider.... everytime when i try to switch from one page to another it just not properly uploading..... I hope u guys understand my issue... That's why i asked this question not for only straitforward ans but lead me to old specific posts with answers and summaries..

ridu07 Aug 1, 2014 5:47am | Post# 6095

{quote} it is maybe not completely perfect, but hopefully will help you. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470225 Page 1 , post 1 is the obvious starting point . {image}
Thank u so much Bartleby..... I get all my answar's from ur screenshot....

cariddi74 Aug 1, 2014 6:10am | Post# 6096

NFP (big news) and not only that. In less than 2,5 hours. Be ready, be safe,folks!

dashisiong Aug 1, 2014 7:12am | Post# 6097

NFP (big news) and not only that. In less than 2,5 hours. Be ready, be safe,folks!
This time i will stay a side and watch nfp how it goes and decide later...

cariddi74 Aug 1, 2014 7:42am | Post# 6098

{quote} This time i will stay a side and watch nfp how it goes and decide later...
Savvy choice. Anyway the candle we care,will close half an hour after the NFP madness...
..and usually 30 minutes are more than enough to calm down the market and to show real directions of prices ,even if after big news

tonny47 Aug 2, 2014 3:26pm | Post# 6099

ok ..,i done with the last shape of the MS sys here it is!!this is the Mri Swinger so MS ! just couple notes B4 using this sys on the trend indicator u need to put by yourself the 0.8/-0.8 and 0.008/-0.008 lines by using the list below GJ,EJ,NJ=0.8/-0.8 GCHF,GA,EN,GU,EU,ECAD,GCAD,ACAD,AN, NU,EA,AU=0.008/-0.008 ok here is an video explain(very simple!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDicOFuWnU and here is the gift {file} Enjoy all and trade safe God bless u all and bless weekend Eitan.

hi all!

first of all, thank you Eitan and many others for sharing here on this thread - you have put a lot of effort to create this system. I am learning and reading as much as I can from you guys.

i have a question about MS method rules - all videos have a sound but the MS one does not? was this intentional and i only need to read the text?

regards,

tonny

tonny47 Aug 2, 2014 4:05pm | Post# 6100

i forgot to ask - not sure if i missed it while reading by what is significance of two purple moving averages on MTS template?

thank you in advance!

© Forex Factory