Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MT4 New build 600 is released (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=469491)

entheos Feb 19, 2014 2:47pm | Post# 481

Today,great new features is released.
very great!
http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...5&d=1392835845

Forexia Feb 19, 2014 3:59pm | Post# 482

{quote} I used MT5 a bit when I needed to work on multiple time frames which MT4 did not offer, I really liked the idea if switching to M3, M10 M20 H8, H12 in MT5 then I noticed that with MT5 the same number of bars on a particular currency pair will be available on all the Time Frames, so if your brokers server could give you H8 up to 01 January 2008, then your M1 would have history for up to 01 January 2008. I was really looking forward to when there would be a migration or re-coding of all MQL4 indies to MQL5. Some have said that the MT5 platform...
I see. That would be really useful when you are doing backtesting. Is there any difference in terms of the programming? How's it that MT4 indicators wouldn't necessarily work in MT5? Would you know?

Thanks

Tsar Feb 19, 2014 7:41pm | Post# 483

{quote} They force traders who want to use MQ to upgrade to a new build which most of us don't want. Of course we are free to not use it and go to another platform.

We already have option and choice...

Tsar Feb 19, 2014 7:55pm | Post# 484

Something (more) interesting Info about MT4 Build 600+ Updates

Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks

Slim Buffett Feb 19, 2014 7:56pm | Post# 485

{quote} Is there any difference in terms of the programming?
"MQL5 is the evolution of its predecessor - the MQL4 programming language, in which numerous indicators, scripts, and Expert Advisors were written. Despite the fact that the new programming language is maximally compatible with the previous-generation language, there are still some differences between these languages. And when transferring programs these differences should be noted."

http://www.mql5.com/en/docs/migration

Slim Buffett Feb 19, 2014 8:03pm | Post# 486

...... and regarding build 600

"we put in a lot of effort to improve MetaTrader 4 client terminal. MQL4 programming language for developing trading strategies has undergone the most significant changes - program execution speed has been increased, while the language itself has been brought closer to MQL5 to the maximum possible extent."

http://forum.mql4.com/60555

gnomoneey Feb 19, 2014 8:48pm | Post# 487

Something (more) interesting Info about MT4 Build 600+ Updates Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks
quick and maybe been answered already but here goes....

I have an indicator that is only *.ex4 not an *.mq4......is this going to cause my ex4 indicator to not execute with 6xx build?
btw I still haven't upgraded my version from 509 to 6xx....
thanks,
G

Forexia Feb 19, 2014 8:55pm | Post# 488

{quote} quick and maybe been answered already but here goes.... I have an indicator that is only *.ex4 not an *.mq4......is this going to cause my ex4 indicator to not execute with 6xx build? btw I still haven't upgraded my version from 509 to 6xx.... thanks, G
From this article that I have read, possibly especially with Build 600. I would suggest upgrading to the latest 6XX build, I think right now is 610. The newer 6XX builds supposedly fixed a lot of issues in build 600. This is what I am doing right now, waiting for my broker to provide the 610 build.

gnomoneey Feb 19, 2014 9:18pm | Post# 489

{quote} From this article that I have read, possibly especially with Build 600. I would suggest upgrading to the latest 6XX build, I think right now is 610. The newer 6XX builds supposedly fixed a lot of issues in build 600. This is what I am doing right now, waiting for my broker to provide the 610 build.
thanks
I guess I will wait until most of the bugs are fixed..

Slim Buffett Feb 19, 2014 9:33pm | Post# 490

{quote} thanks .
OK.... let's sort this out......

1. Forexia asks a question...
"Is there any difference in terms of the programming? How's it that MT4 indicators wouldn't necessarily work in MT5?"

I reply by posting a link to the peeps that make MetaTrader.

2. I get put on iggy by "Forexia" apparently for trying to post a useful link.

3. Now, peeps are thanking "Forexia" because he "read a useful article"

That is one of the most hilarious FF "power plays" I've seen yet
http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif

gnomoneey Feb 19, 2014 10:11pm | Post# 491

{quote} OK.... let's sort this out...... 1. Forexia asks a question... "Is there any difference in terms of the programming? How's it that MT4 indicators wouldn't necessarily work in MT5?" I reply by posting a link to the peeps that make MetaTrader. 2. I get put on iggy by "Forexia" apparently for trying to post a useful link. 3. Now, peeps are thanking "Forexia" because he "read a useful article" That is one of the most hilarious FF "power plays" I've seen yet {image}
slim buffet,

I have no idea what is going on between you and forexia. I asked a question and forexia answered. I thanked him for the reply. I actually don't have any idea whether my indicator will still run or not anymore if I upgraded now as my broker is wanting, this is reasoning for my question.

Tsar Feb 19, 2014 10:23pm | Post# 492

{quote} quick and maybe been answered already but here goes.... I have an indicator that is only *.ex4 not an *.mq4......is this going to cause my ex4 indicator to not execute with 6xx build? btw I still haven't upgraded my version from 509 to 6xx.... thanks, G
Don't upgrade to Build 600+ first !

I get the Info MT4 Build 509 can be worn until the Summer.
Didn't get in detail... It's only my guess (perhaps) Summer in Russian because MetaQuotes Company origin in there.

The other News is the possibility MT4 Build 700+ will already Stable. But wait how long ?

gnomoneey Feb 19, 2014 10:32pm | Post# 493

{quote} Don't upgrade to Build 600+ first ! I get the Info MT4 Build 509 can be worn until the Summer. Didn't get in detail... It's only my guess (perhaps) Summer in Russian because MetaQuotes Company origin in there. The other News is the possibility MT4 Build 700+ will already Stable. But wait how long ?
thanks Tsar

Tsar Feb 19, 2014 10:34pm | Post# 494

{quote} From this article that I have read, possibly especially with Build 600. I would suggest upgrading to the latest 6XX build, I think right now is 610. The newer 6XX builds supposedly fixed a lot of issues in build 600. This is what I am doing right now, waiting for my broker to provide the 610 build.

I've still used MT4 Build 509 and another got MT Build 604 with Defferent Brroker.
And used DEMO for monitor the Upgrade MT4 ; the Last Updates is MT4 Build 610

MT4 Build 610 more Badly than MT Build 604 b'cause the Signal & Historial not GOOD.
So... my advice WAIT the Updates after MT4 Build 610 with search the Information again first...

Slim Buffett Feb 19, 2014 10:35pm | Post# 495

{quote} slim buffet, I have no idea what is going on between you and forexia. I asked a question and forexia answered. I thanked him for the reply. I actually don't have any idea whether my indicator will still run or not anymore if I upgraded now as my broker is wanting, this is reasoning for my question.
No problem..... Forexia has a history in which we didn't agree. I don't expect that to change. No biggie.

"I actually don't have any idea whether my indicator will still run or not anymore if I upgraded now as my broker is wanting"

I see no reason why your indi wouldn't work and why, if you have questions, you should consult a link
to MQ..... which is what I posted. NOT my words..... but from the peeps that created it !!! Get it?

I upgraded to 600 without any problems. Tested a shitload of this and that without problems.

That's all.

Regards

Tsar Feb 19, 2014 10:44pm | Post# 496

{quote} thanks Tsar
Your Welcome, Bro

Try DEMO first... cTrader platform and ProTrader 3 platform.
This Good Performance & Stable Platforms. Although subsequent Updates, I didn't find Major Problems
The BOTH Platform is stepping stone from MT4 to us who have become accustomed to using it (compared to other Platforms)

Get the Information in Platform alternatives to Metatrader thread's.
You will got New Experience in TRADE. I will use start Next Month, early MARCH 2014.

No promoted !
Remember, I'm not their officer or Market Salesman of their platforms

FerruFx Feb 19, 2014 10:51pm | Post# 497

{quote} I get the Info MT4 Build 509 can be worn until the Summer.
In any case, they will have to provide a definitive stable version before stop supporting the 509 ... I don't see for now how they can achieve this for the summer (no matter the zone they are !!!) as each new build since 2 weeks fix some and add some bugs ...

Slim Buffett Feb 19, 2014 10:57pm | Post# 498

{quote} You will got New Experience in TRADE.
Unless you've been trading with a REALLY shitty broker,
please explain why it's so much better.... if you can ??

COGnizant Feb 19, 2014 10:57pm | Post# 499

{quote} Remember, I'm not their officer or Market Salesman of their platforms
News just in!!!

ProTrader pays TSAR's strip club bill every Friday night!

FerruFx Feb 19, 2014 11:03pm | Post# 500

{quote} News just in!!! ProTrader pays TSAR's strip club bill every Friday night!

© Forex Factory