Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MT4 New build 600 is released (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=469491)

GDR3k Feb 16, 2014 5:57pm | Post# 441

{quote} They'll probably figure out some way to force the update sooner or later.
I don't mind, as long as the template I use still works with the pivot indicator which overlays onto my chart, if not, I'll fuark off back to cTrader.

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 6:08pm | Post# 442

Has anyone noticed that when you use the window tile function, with 4 pairs in the chart it used to align them in four quarters by splitting the page down the middle both horizontally and vertically. Now it does not do that anymore. You get either 4 long skinny vertical or horizontal charts but if you want it to look like this:

Pair1 | Pair2
------+-------
Pair3 | Pair4

You have to arrange it manually now.

Owl Feb 16, 2014 6:35pm | Post# 443

The heads of metaquotes are the biggest wankers in the history of wanking all time

point blank period no questions about it..............................................................

maahome Feb 16, 2014 7:23pm | Post# 444

Hi guys, I have just had the upgrade to build 610 and now when I close platform and reopen it all charts are in different order? Anyone else have this problem or is their a setting to make it keep charts in order - I have online charts grouped then offline charts grouped but when I restart they are changed in order and I have to drag chart tabs back to order I want.

Any advice appreciated

maa1

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 7:59pm | Post# 445

Hi guys, I have just had the upgrade to build 610 and now when I close platform and reopen it all charts are in different order? Anyone else have this problem or is their a setting to make it keep charts in order - I have online charts grouped then offline charts grouped but when I restart they are changed in order and I have to drag chart tabs back to order I want. Any advice appreciated maa1

Apparently they screwed up the chart organization properties in the code. See my post 443 above.

Tsar Feb 16, 2014 8:10pm | Post# 446

Has anyone noticed that when you use the window tile function, with 4 pairs in the chart it used to align them in four quarters by splitting the page down the middle both horizontally and vertically. Now it does not do that anymore. You get either 4 long skinny vertical or horizontal charts but if you want it to look like this: Pair1 | Pair2 ------+------- Pair3 | Pair4 You have to arrange it manually now.

Yep... I saw it. New Lipstick function in MT4 Build 610.
I felt start MT4 Build 604 eaten a lot source Memory in Computer

We (as TRADER) need Stable Platform for Trade ! Not as a 'Guinea pig' for that risk with our Capital
Especially when the Platform still in BETA stage. We're not BETA tester !

They should think of !!!

RockRobb Feb 16, 2014 9:48pm | Post# 447

What if i want to comeback to build 574?
I already updated and start hesitate those 'latest' builds :-(

FerruFx Feb 16, 2014 9:58pm | Post# 448

What if i want to comeback to build 574? I already updated and start hesitate those 'latest' builds :-(
The only stable version where you should revert to is 509. Higher builds are all the sh*t they want us to be forced to use.

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 10:55pm | Post# 449

What if i want to comeback to build 574? I already updated and start hesitate those 'latest' builds :-(
Someone posted this link a page or 2 back. I haven't gone though it but it is supposed to show how to reinstall 509 and stop future updates to it too.

http://4xtrader.net/mt4-build-600-wh...not-update-it/

RockRobb Feb 17, 2014 1:02am | Post# 450

{quote} The only stable version where you should revert to is 509. Higher builds are all the sh*t they want us to be forced to use.
{quote} Someone posted this link a page or 2 back. I haven't gone though it but it is supposed to show how to reinstall 509 and stop future updates to it too.
Thanks for the info, guys...

bfis108137 Feb 17, 2014 2:11am | Post# 451

For people that are being "forced" to update to build 600+ I found this link that explains how to delete the build 509 functionality completely. I do believe the reason some people aren't asked if they will grant admin rights has something to do with the security level of the file being accessed because it's supposed to ask for your permission. The update file requires admin rights and even the most savvy programmer cannot avoid that fact. In any event this should fix it in all scenarios.

http://mechanicalforex.com/2014/02/d...build-600.html

If you need help getting build 509 back on your computer then pm me and I will help. I am afraid I will get banned for doing that in the forum.

I would like to remind everyone that even if you get back on build 509, it is only a matter of time before all broker servers will block connections from build 509. I would consider this your grace period. The only sure way is by copying the OLD ex4 file from somewhere else or by fixing the code to compile in 600+.

Scientist Feb 17, 2014 11:31am | Post# 452

I'm observing 20+% CPU usage in the new version. Is it just me?

alpine4133 Feb 17, 2014 11:50am | Post# 453

If you Remove Virtual Store from your Windows before you install mt4 you all the directories will be in your metatrader directory under MQ4 subdirectory. This is much easier it understand and work with.

come alive Feb 17, 2014 3:54pm | Post# 454

{quote} Wait for your Broker to push it to you. Or ask them when they will be doing it . .
I think you are right, they would definitely make the announce to traders once they are ready!

pips4life Feb 17, 2014 11:04pm | Post# 455

I can't keep up with this forum and so I'm unaware if this is already a known issue or not. If a duplicate, I apologize. I have real work to do and not be MQ's beta tester. (Alpha, really). I'm still using 509 and will until this considerable dust settles.

I reported this bug as a Service Request, and on the MQL4 forum, and on one of my own threads regarding my indicator, P4L PeriodCon, but this bug I am now aware of is simply far too serious not to make mention of here. It affects all new builds, AFAIK, but is certainly true of builds 600 and 610.

Whenever you restart MT4, or whenever you switch profiles to something and then back to your original profile, then ALL INDICATORS in all windows that are iconified (aka minimized) will be INACTIVE! If these indicators generate alerts or are expected to write files (e.g. "P4L PeriodCon") or do anything at all, they aren't going to work until you un-iconify the window at least once in the session, and again if ever you change profiles!

If any of your windows are "maximized", meaning they take up the entire screen, this doesn't change the core problem. In fact, it only makes it harder to know which of your other windows are, in fact, still "iconified/mimimized" because you can't see them. If iconified, they will be inactive until you actually open them.

I didn't personally verify that this also affects EA's, but I'm guessing that it almost certainly does.

P.S. There are and/or have been worse bugs, so I don't intend to exaggerate here. To me, what makes this bug "serious" is how subtle it is, and yet it can interfere with alerts that traders like me may have come to rely upon, and assume that the indicator alerts are working fine when in fact they have been disabled due to this bug, just because of leaving a window iconified after an MT4 restart.

TraderJoe Feb 18, 2014 12:43am | Post# 456

builds 600 and 610. Whenever you restart MT4, or whenever you switch profiles to something and then back to your original profile, then ALL INDICATORS in all windows that are iconified (aka minimized) will be INACTIVE!
Thanks for the heads up! Just to be clear though as long as you did not hit the minus icon (top right of chart screen) on any of the charts then they will all stay active even if the top level screen is maximized correct?

Keytomarkets Feb 18, 2014 1:55am | Post# 457

{quote}You're being sarcastic, right? Or are you volunteering to rewrite all of my 500+ EAs and indicators for me, for free?
That is going to be a lot of Work!!

futurespec Feb 18, 2014 2:36am | Post# 458

v600 ... not that bad

My experience on upgrading...

Having seen the numerous posts on upgrading to v600+ I was awaiting the forced update with trepidation.

I took note of various posts and ....

I removed all mq4 indi files to a completely separate folder. (NOT under the MT4 folder)
I removed all mq4 EA files to a completely separate folder.
I removed all mq4 script files to a completely separate folder.
I saved my templates to a completely separate folder.
(They are now 'safe' and the new version cannot try to recompile them causing 'errors' ... it just uses the EX4 files and they work as promised)

(my MT4 was already in a folder other than the default root directory .... I think this is important!!)
I did all this at the weekend in anticipation of the dreaded update.

Today I was updated automatically (but did have the option to refuse it).

GUESS WHAT??? ... all is working great :-) .. I know that I am going to regret that comment ;-)

New files were placed in c:\Users\Myname\Appdata\Roaming\Metaquotes
I deleted that Metaquotes folder (since it has reinstalled itself with basic data but NOT the indis/EA's etc)

I restarted MT4 with the '/portable' extension so that all indis are still in the original destination on the different drive.

All appears to be working OK from the start.

I am now gradually moving the mq4 files back to their respective folders under the new version (slightly different to older versions). ... and then recompiling them (use F7 ... not F5 as before).

A few minor alerts have been found (some of my slightly incorrect coding)... unused vars are highlighted and some void sub functions that returned a value are highlighted ( they should be 'int' or not use the 'Return(0)' ).

So my first impression is that all is not as bad as has been written about elsewhere!
I have absolutely no connection with Metatrader and would be one of the first to complain if things were not right but we were forewarned and "it ain't that bad".

Hope that helps someone.

I am unlikely to be adding to this thread.

M.

Ralome Feb 18, 2014 4:01am | Post# 459

Same here, I haven't had a problem so far (and I haven't used the /portable switch). I even recompiled a few and the only minor coding error I got could be corrected in 1 second.

I use XP SP3, and my folder is not in C:\Program Files (although I don't know if/how that matters).

bfis108137 Feb 18, 2014 4:55am | Post# 460

1 Attachment(s)
I have a little information regarding the forced update. Just to test I turned off my uac and it did update my mt4 without asking me. When I turned it back on, it wouldn't update unless I gave it admin rights. To change I had to restart my computer. I have the default option in windows 7 chosen which is the third from the bottom. Here is a picture of my settings.
Click to Enlarge

Name: uac.png
Size: 61 KB

© Forex Factory