Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MT4 New build 600 is released (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=469491)

bfis108137 Feb 16, 2014 2:36am | Post# 401

{quote} Bfis, This can be gotten around by editing 'in line'. I got the idea from Euclid (see post #138) and then revised my own solution (see point 7 in post #181). Or you can use symbolic links, as explained by Euclid in post #141. Euclid also spoke of the possibility of using RefreshCrapT4 (post #141) , but I wasn't able to get this to work (albeit on Win XP), hence I must continue to delete and re-attach indicators/EAs to get build 600 to recognize the new EX4 (point 8 in post #181). However, I'll continue to use build 509 for development/testing,...
All of that is great to know and I thank you. Still the last part remains that I know the day will come when it won't work so I would rather be ready. BTW I am not updating every last mt4 code that I have. Just the ones that I am using or know I will use. That wasn't too much and for me is worth the time. It has nothing to do with income for me and shouldn't matter for even anyone no matter their trading/coding income. It's a question of how much time will I save versus how much time it will take to change. As an example, on more than one occasion I was dealing with a type issue (int to double or vice versa) and the new compiler warns you of this. Another option that might be worth looking at is converting any 509 includes into 509 libraries. In that case you are dealing with compiled code which should work in build 600+ unless the new compiler blocks build 509 libraries.

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 2:53am | Post# 402

Maybe we should open a thread were we as a group of traders, and beginner to advanced coders (any who would not mind sharing), could share our collective knowledge with ways to identify and correct compiler errors with each other? This way we would: 1. weather the onslaught of destruction bestowed upon us by the (for profit) coding gods at Metatrader, 2) give them the finger right back and 3) be able to use and more importantly continue to be able to edit most if not all of our codes once again. I would do it but I don't think I am a proficient enough coder to head such a thread.

Any thoughts?

Gumrai Feb 16, 2014 3:32am | Post# 403

Maybe we should open a thread were we as a group of traders, and beginner to advanced coders (any who would not mind sharing), could share our collective knowledge with ways to identify and correct compiler errors with each other? This way we would: 1. weather the onslaught of destruction bestowed upon us by the (for profit) coding gods at Metatrader, 2) give them the finger right back and 3) be able to use and more importantly continue to be able to edit most if not all of our codes once again. I would do it but I don't think I am a proficient...
DO IT
A semi proficient coder is ideal to head such a thread. I wouldn't feel too embarrassed to ask seemingly stupid questions then

FerruFx Feb 16, 2014 3:51am | Post# 404

{quote} I'm sure you realize this is not true unless you do NOT place the mq4 file in the EA or Indicator folder.
Not sure what you mean ... but the sure thing is the MT4 platform doesn't use .mq4 files when you apply your tools on chart.

bluepanther Feb 16, 2014 4:42am | Post# 405

Reading old emails, I came across this one:

Feb 7

We're currently working on updates for MT4 build 600, so please do not update your terminals until then if possible if you wish to continue running Forex Hacked or Pro as it will not currently run on MT4 build 600. We hope to have the update out asap but there are a few bugs we're still waiting for Metaquotes to fix before we can proceed.
Thank you for your patience, you will be notified as soon as our update is available.
Forex Hacked Team

One of the many developers waiting on MQ to fix bugs in their platform, that should have been fixed PRIOR to public release! FUMQ.

bluepanther Feb 16, 2014 4:44am | Post# 406

Maybe we should open a thread were we as a group of traders, and beginner to advanced coders (any who would not mind sharing), could share our collective knowledge with ways to identify and correct compiler errors with each other? This way we would: 1. weather the onslaught of destruction bestowed upon us by the (for profit) coding gods at Metatrader, 2) give them the finger right back and 3) be able to use and more importantly continue to be able to edit most if not all of our codes once again. I would do it but I don't think I am a proficient...
Sounds good. Start the thread, share the link here, and let's go from there!

MrPip Feb 16, 2014 5:04am | Post# 407

{quote} It's optional in that when you open your mt4 with build 509 (or any previous build), you will be asked to grant administrator rights to mt4 and if you deny it by clicking no, it will not install because it can't. It will become mandatory when your connection from build 509 is refused by their server. This WILL eventually happen because they have done it in other builds. Try connecting with a build in the 400s without updating and you will see what I mean. What may turn it into required (in theory) would be if you have disabled uac. This...
I am using build 509 and received no prompt to deny the updates, UAC is enabled as is Firewall and my Internet Security. None of them caught the update happening. One folder was even set to Read Only and it was still written.

I restored everything from backup and the next startup of MT4 did the upgrade.
As I said earlier, I have no live update apps under MT4 because I deleted them all. Same with Web Update. Have not had an update for over a year on older buillds unlesss I requested it . Now I have no choice.
Robert

Robert

bfis108137 Feb 16, 2014 5:42am | Post# 408

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know why that would happen. I have mt4 from no less than 10 different brokers and they all have asked for admin privileges since ever since the update that was meant to block 3rd party vendors from including their software as part of mt4. Here is a picture I took of my screen because I wasn't able to use print screen while the message was up on the screen so you can see what I am talking about. I can think of all kinds of other ways to get around as well. You can block the updater from updating using your firewall. You can disconnect the internet when you open mt4 although maybe it will keep trying. You can figure out the url to your broker's update servers and block it using hosts file or firewall of course assuming they use a different server for updates than they do for the mt4 connection. There are probably more. There are numerous links to download build 509 so you can try it again if you need to. I even saw some links on the metaquotes forum that hadn't been removed which basically says they know they have a problem and they are going to let people avoid build 600+ until they have it fixed.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-02-16 12.32.29.jpg
Size: 185 KB

bluepanther Feb 16, 2014 6:03am | Post# 409

1 Attachment(s)
Agreed Mr Pip. Maybe it's the version of Windows used? My VPS uses NT with UAC at max and it did not stop MQ updating MT4 without my permission.

I will see Monday whether the recommended changes to prevent autoupdate to build 600 by modifying the C:/ProgramData/MetaQuotes folder will work (and whether everything is back to normal on my 509s).
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 80 KB

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 6:04am | Post# 410

{quote} DO IT A semi proficient coder is ideal to head such a thread. I wouldn't feel too embarrassed to ask seemingly stupid questions then

unbelievable! you actually made me laugh out loud!!! hahahaha

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 6:09am | Post# 411

{quote} Not sure what you mean ... but the sure thing is the MT4 platform doesn't use .mq4 files when you apply your tools on chart.
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean either but if you're saying that putting the MQ4 files in the folders along with the .EX4 files does not make any difference to the .EX4 files, this is not the case. If the .MQ4 files are in the same folder with the .EX4 files then every time the platform is started or any other .MQ4 document is edited, all the .EX4 files with accompanying .MQ4 files become recompiled. Which means if there are any .MQ4 files that do not meet the current qualifications of the latest platforms, the .EX4 FILES become corrupt. Is this what you mean?

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 6:10am | Post# 412

{quote} Sounds good. Start the thread, share the link here, and let's go from there!
Oh dear...

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 6:11am | Post# 413

I don't know why that would happen. {image}
Just wait a little longer, the brokers you are using have not quite caught up with the leaders lol.

FerruFx Feb 16, 2014 6:12am | Post# 414

{quote} Hi, I'm not sure what you mean either but if you're saying that putting the MQ4 files in the folders along with the .EX4 files does not make any difference to the .EX4 files, this is not the case. If the .MQ4 files are in the same folder with the .EX4 files then every time the platform is started or any other .MQ4 document is edited, all the .EX4 files with accompanying .MQ4 files become recompiled. Which means if there are any .MQ4 files that do not meet the current qualifications of the latest platforms, the .EX4 FILES become corrupt....
We weren't on the same page !

I was saying that the mq4 files aren't needed in the folder in order for the indicators/EAs to work. This is a general thing even in previous builds.

And of course you are 100% right about the mq4 recompiled in the 600+ builds and then being an issue if old code doesn't meet the new requirement.

TraderJoe Feb 16, 2014 7:22am | Post# 415

{quote} We weren't on the same page !
ahhhh ! My apologies!

FerruFx Feb 16, 2014 8:23am | Post# 416

{quote} ahhhh ! My apologies!
No worry !

Kiads Feb 16, 2014 8:57am | Post# 417

I don't know why that would happen. I have mt4 from no less than 10 different brokers and they all have asked for admin privileges since ever since the update that was meant to block 3rd party vendors from including their software as part of mt4. Here is a picture I took of my screen because I wasn't able to use print screen while the message was up on the screen so you can see what I am talking about. I can think of all kinds of other ways to get around as well. You can block the updater from updating using your firewall. You can disconnect the...
Hi, .. lol

Yes, MetaQuotes 'sneaking' their updater just like virus, without need any permission from you. They do that when you connected to the internet, and stay at your C drive. Next when you start your MT4 (any MT4 from any brokers), if you activate UAC then that box in your picture will show up (and you should answer No, if you don't want your MT4 update),

Even if you turn off your internet connection, MetaQuotes still 'can' update your MT4 version, because the updater already stay in your C drive, and if you delete the updater folder, next time you connect to internet they will create new folder again and again..

From your 'already' updade MT4 b 600 - 604, go to menu File - Open Data Folder, and you will see WebInstall folder there; but this is not the updater, this folder content 2 'sneak' files with PNG extension for image, this is the way MetaQuotes can send it through your firewall, actually this 2 files;

1. mt4clw.png
  2. mt4clwdata.png

is rar files, so if you open it with winrar, then you will see all 'usual' MT4 applications and folders

Deleting this files or WebInstall folder can't help you avoid 'force update'.

So if you really don't want to update your MT4 build 509 to the new MT4 build 604, just save this folder to another place with another name first (for back up). then you create 2 image files (real one), with exactly same name with the above 2 files, and copy replace it to this WebInstall folder

MetaQuotes 'cheat' you by not asking your permission to put their files, so now you can 'cheat' them back.

Also you should check your C drive ProgramData/MetaQuotes folder, you will also find WebInstall folder as 'extract' result from above 2 files. (the ProgramData folder default is hidden, so you should change your Windows hidden folder option first to see this folder in your C drive).

Content of this WebInstall folder is mt4clw sub folder with content as follows;

1. Language folder
  2. metaeditor.exe
  3. mql.dll
  4. mql.exe
  5. terminal.exe

You can 'replace' your C drive ProgramData/MetaQuotes/WebInstall/mt4clw 'content' with your 'old' metaeditor.exe and terminal.exe.

BTW, you can do all of the above but with your own risk, and you should know what to do if everything goes wrong..
I just explain what I'm doing to 'save' my beloved MT4 509, and only update what I need to update and when I need to update.

Hope it help and best regard
MTH

Tsar Feb 16, 2014 9:16am | Post# 418

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi, .. lol Yes, MetaQuotes 'sneaking' their updater just like virus, without need any permission from you. They do that when you connected to the internet, and stay at your C drive. Next when you start your MT4 (any MT4 from any brokers), if you activate UAC then that box in your picture will show up (and you should answer No, if you don't want your MT4 update), Even if you turn off your internet connection, MetaQuotes still 'can' update your MT4 version, because the updater already stay in your...

No...No... It's familiar like WORMS with BACKDOOR

It really annoyed !

MetaQuotes said : "HELLO... Welcome to Meta Trader 4 Build 610. Not (only) BROKER can cheat you're... LOL"
Name:  MetaTrader 4 build 610 Updates.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  120 KB

FerruFx Feb 16, 2014 9:32am | Post# 419

If they are really acting like this, they will face soon law pursuit ...

Tsar Feb 16, 2014 9:51am | Post# 420

1 Attachment(s)
If they are really acting like this, they will face soon law pursuit ...
Today is a Historic Day's for Traders who's used the Platform from MetaQuotes Company

And got MetaEditor 5 Build 887 Updates too...
Name:  MetaEditor 5 Build 887 Updates.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  175 KB

© Forex Factory