Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My Market Order System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=465169)

Jhlewis10 Mar 10, 2014 10:48am | Post# 561

Trading a live acct on a new strat at .01 is a good idea, I am with you Orid.

Adjust your trade size with the amount of pips you gain or lose, and you are set.

Plenty of spreadsheets or indys for that.

eitan1010 Mar 10, 2014 11:08am | Post# 562

take care all and do not forget good MM and PATIENCE is the key to success

best regards

Eitan.

Paj Mar 10, 2014 11:20am | Post# 563

Jhlewis10, looks like you are doing the right thing your stop loss is now in profit and you have a profit target just above resistance, I like to take some off the table on a strong push down to give me breathing space and see how price action develops from there, everyone is different, I think early on in the thread bob said he waits for a semaphore signal against him before he closes?

orid Mar 10, 2014 11:22am | Post# 564

{quote} I understand, but if you're finding great success isn't going up in 0.01's too small an amount? That's (with my currency) 1 per 100 pips made, let's say you start slow, and you make 100 pips in your first week, you've just made 1 in a whole week of trading. next week, 2. I also understand risk and money money management, but if you're looking to trade part/full time and make a generous income out of it isn't that a bit too "risk free" I'm looking to expand my trading knowledge and experience before i start live, but i was thinking of...
yes well I have made around 2500 pips profit in the two months trading this ,which I think is very good ,especially with no set rules, but really don't mean anything, I might lose the next three months , that's forex , so I start gentle to see if the winning run carries on , if it does for another couple months , might indicate a very sound trading method. But if I try to trade Larger lots and it goes bad it will be really bad especially with the multiple pairs, so I trade exact same as demo ,very small ,
It can still lose because If I want to trade as I did on demo I cant use the 2% risk rule because of the large SL 's , I hate to think of going $ 1.00 a pip Quick way to losing a $10000 account if things go bad .
Sorry for the long dribble,
Regards Orid peter

frani60 Mar 10, 2014 11:34am | Post# 565

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, here an useful tool, someone knows it someone should help

greets
ForexCalculator.xls

orid Mar 11, 2014 6:30am | Post# 566

Hi all ,
My live account 4hr is down 24 pips at the mo
Demo 4 hr is up 170 pips Different trades
regards orid ,

Barefoot Mar 11, 2014 10:26am | Post# 567

Hi all , My live account 4hr is down 24 pips at the mo Demo 4 hr is up 170 pips Different trades regards orid ,
Hi Orid,
What are your current positions on your live acct? I am short the USDCAD and the NZDCAD currently on a 4h 3bar. The USDCAD is currently about 15 pips inot profit with the NZDUSD still at the spread.

Also, why are your positions different on your demo than your live acct? did you have lingering trades open on the demo?

orid Mar 11, 2014 11:19am | Post# 568

yes
{quote} Hi Orid, What are your current positions on your live acct? I am short the USDCAD and the NZDCAD currently on a 4h 3bar. The USDCAD is currently about 15 pips inot profit with the NZDUSD still at the spread. Also, why are your positions different on your demo than your live acct? did you have lingering trades open on the demo?
yes demo was from friday
live trades ihave are
Aud /cad sell
eur/jpy sell
eur/usd sell
usd/chf buy
down 77 pips
demo+ 102 pips ( well that figures lol?)
power was off all day today till 3,15 pm
off to bed now nighty all .
Regards orid Peter

Barefoot Mar 11, 2014 12:19pm | Post# 569

yes{quote} yes demo was from friday live trades ihave are Aud /cad sell eur/jpy sell eur/usd sell usd/chf buy down 77 pips demo+ 102 pips ( well that figures lol?) power was off all day today till 3,15 pm off to bed now nighty all . Regards orid Peter
Looks like things are starting to move in the right direction. Believe me, when you go live it always seems like what worked on demo is awful in the beginning. Just stay with it, and you'll be fine.

AuraFX Mar 11, 2014 2:03pm | Post# 570

My post got sent into "moderation" cause i'm a new member, twice, and they were both removed for some reason..

I had a screenshot of my current positions using this system, i have 5 open positions, all seem to be going quite well for now, currently +1300 pips on GJ, been shorting it since the market opened on sunday, and i don't even think an exit is close.

Sadly, i don't think i can post screenshots to show my positions until i'm no longer a "new member".

eitan1010 Mar 11, 2014 2:09pm | Post# 571

yes{quote} yes demo was from friday live trades ihave are Aud /cad sell eur/jpy sell eur/usd sell usd/chf buy down 77 pips demo+ 102 pips ( well that figures lol?) power was off all day today till 3,15 pm off to bed now nighty all . Regards orid Peter
PATIENCE and you will see your profits SOONLY

kPack Mar 11, 2014 3:10pm | Post# 572

Its hard to go LIVE TRADING cause if your first couple of Trades go wrong. Your going bersserk..... Just keep on with your trading style and even if it takes a week or 2-3 to get in profit . Be patience and wait till you get in to the +pips then it will be easy..

orid Mar 11, 2014 5:53pm | Post# 573

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Looks like things are starting to move in the right direction. Believe me, when you go live it always seems like what worked on demo is awful in the beginning. Just stay with it, and you'll be fine.
thanks bearfoot and everyone elsefor you reassurance , i'll say it again this system rocks,
Live up 47 pips
Demo up 348 pips
Regards Orid peter
Click to Enlarge

Name: latest.jpg
Size: 459 KB

orid Mar 11, 2014 9:10pm | Post# 574

My post got sent into "moderation" cause i'm a new member, twice, and they were both removed for some reason.. I had a screenshot of my current positions using this system, i have 5 open positions, all seem to be going quite well for now, currently +1300 pips on GJ, been shorting it since the market opened on sunday, and i don't even think an exit is close. Sadly, i don't think i can post screenshots to show my positions until i'm no longer a "new member".
Aura fx great results ,grats
Orid

orid Mar 11, 2014 9:18pm | Post# 575

live up 70 pips
4hr demo up 495 pips
daily demo up 270 pips
Regards orid peter

orid Mar 11, 2014 9:33pm | Post# 576

1 Attachment(s)
[attach]1384403[/attach
]Click to Enlarge

Size: 439 KB

Paulus Mar 12, 2014 3:11am | Post# 577

3 Attachment(s)
Well done Orid..just stick to you Demo rules and you will be fine

A few daily set ups Im monitoring RR 3;1 on daily
Click to Enlarge

Name: audusddaily.png
Size: 51 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurauddaily.png
Size: 57 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpchfdaily.png
Size: 64 KB

Iamfx Mar 12, 2014 4:12am | Post# 578

1 Attachment(s)
Well done Orid..just stick to you Demo rules and you will be fine A few daily set ups Im monitoring RR 3;1 on daily {image} {image} {image}
Yes and I think the EUR/GBP daily is OK as well
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-03-12_1908.png
Size: 48 KB

cavenlee92 Mar 12, 2014 4:22am | Post# 579

hi orid , may i know how u entry the market ? 10pips below or above the ball 3 ? and wat pair u focus ?? cos im change to doing this method on 4hr also , but the result still not looking that good ,thats y wanna know the rule u apply on 4hr

orid Mar 12, 2014 5:27am | Post# 580

1 Attachment(s)
hi orid , may i know how u entry the market ? 10pips below or above the ball 3 ? and wat pair u focus ?? cos im change to doing this method on 4hr also , but the result still not looking that good ,thats y wanna know the rule u apply on 4hr
Hi cavenlee
Varies a little , but I (always) put a sell or buy stop order, such as this one and look at the last few candles ,and go behind lowest or highest ,I like to be at least 50 pips away from PA , this one is only about 30 pips away but looks ok to me .
Regards Orid Peter
Click to Enlarge

Size: 281 KB

© Forex Factory