Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Alien's Extraterrestrial Visual Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=463573)

Songok Oct 24, 2017 5:43am | Post# 18581

{quote} Good choice to me. Aligment of the TFS is one secret for a winning trade. Another tip when trading Yen pairs: if Nikkei is up all currencies will be long against the Yen.
Would You w8 for h4 to give a bbs green light or look to enter on lower time frames?

jpadvisor Oct 24, 2017 5:53am | Post# 18582

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Would You w8 for h4 to give a bbs green light or look to enter on lower time frames?
To me the Daily setup is already there (DS trade). Usually I enter on a DS in advance when 8 stoch. cross the 21 in direction of RSIOMA.
Didn't notice the setup in time so now also me waiting for a retrace on 15 M or H1 to enter long. (teeth on ADX slopes in M5 and M 15 say is possible a retrace)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Stoxmarket MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal.png
Size: 339 KB

Songok Oct 24, 2017 7:25am | Post# 18583

6 Attachment(s)
So next 2 trades to analise:
USDCAD 2017.07.05
H1 setup:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 67 KB
rsioma and stochastics pointing down, adx's not that great on this one

H4:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 64 KB
adx's up, rsioma short + forming ds

M30:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 65 KB
stochastics show sharp move to the downside, rsioma pointing down, adx;s expansion underway

in hindsight stochastics on h4 showed posibble bottom already, in the conditions of low volatility indicators are less usefull for sure, should have w8 for bbs on m30 end and show direction.

AUDUSD 2017.07.12
Winning trade

slingshot
h1 setup:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 65 KB
perfect setup for me rsioma up full strength, adx;s expanding, stochastics besides 8.3.3 are very high

H4:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot5.png
Size: 71 KB
full strength trend, only 8.3.3 gives us some warning that it is very high already

m30:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot6.png
Size: 60 KB
rsioma pointing up, adx's expanding, 8.3.3 pointing up

As always are opinions and suggestions are welcomed
Looking forward to it.

jpadvisor Oct 24, 2017 8:08am | Post# 18584

So next 2 trades to analise: USDCAD 2017.07.05 H1 setup: {image} rsioma and stochastics pointing down, adx's not that great on this one H4: {image} adx's up, rsioma short + forming ds M30: {image} stochastics show sharp move to the downside, rsioma pointing down, adx;s expansion underway in hindsight stochastics on h4 showed posibble bottom already, in the conditions of low volatility indicators are less usefull for sure, should have w8 for bbs on m30 end and show direction. AUDUSD 2017.07.12 Winning trade slingshot h1 setup: {image} perfect setup...
Your hindsights are correct about UC. See how many opportunities you could have catched following the DS trades short on H4. Plenty of nice pips shorting UC.

nadiyakinare Oct 24, 2017 8:39am | Post# 18585

Hahahaha, everyone is on same boat. nice to see

jpadvisor Oct 24, 2017 12:15pm | Post# 18586

So next 2 trades to analise: USDCAD 2017.07.05 H1 setup: {image} rsioma and stochastics pointing down, adx's not that great on this one H4: {image} adx's up, rsioma short + forming ds M30: {image} stochastics show sharp move to the downside, rsioma pointing down, adx;s expansion underway in hindsight stochastics on h4 showed posibble bottom already, in the conditions of low volatility indicators are less usefull for sure, should have w8 for bbs on m30 end and show direction. AUDUSD 2017.07.12 Winning trade slingshot h1 setup: {image} perfect setup...
Regarding your AU trade, look at the H1 chart. You took the slingshot that corrisponded also with ADX expansion, OK.
You know the saying "let the winners run". Now Stoch. 100 was stuck to the ceiling and you could have taken every slings up till 100 left the 80 zone or keep the winner.
This is a particular way of trading the trend that master Alien taught.
To your success.

Zimbinga Oct 24, 2017 2:19pm | Post# 18587

{quote} Would You w8 for h4 to give a bbs green light or look to enter on lower time frames?
I would say again wait for green. Daily DS for me is not a valid trade unless BBS breaks. I suspect this DS will not go far. H4 slingshot did work this time, it was supported by divergence & lower TF ADX, but notice how move completed at upper BB

Zimbinga Oct 24, 2017 3:58pm | Post# 18588

Here is another Tip : To HELP you stay focused on BBS's , as they are contracting, place a Horizontal line on the top and bottom Bollinger Band Points and move them closer together, until the BB's start to expand and you can watch the PA come out of the gates as to the direction the move is............... {image} {image}
BBS - It is not just about red or green light, it is also about break of the upper or lower Bollinger. See post from master quoted here.

jpadvisor Oct 25, 2017 5:08am | Post# 18589

A fundamental update for today.
"A more hawkish replacement to Janet Yellen, as chair of the Fed in February, continues to be suggested, this is also helping to increase the dollar’s value versus several peers, whilst the December FOMC meeting, with its 80% chance of a rate rise announcement, continues to cast a shadow on investors’ radar. The euro experienced a rise versus its peers on Tuesday, despite continuing Catalonia/Madrid tensions, as investors begin to focus on the ECB meeting due to take place on Thursday, the culmination of which should see Mario Draghi the president, announce a programme of tapering the €60b a month asset/bond purchase scheme. With the forward guidance already delivered in previous meetings; that the reduction will be down to €30b per month, the ECB is forecast to broadcast that they’ll be prepared to intervene, should the reduction not have the desired effect. Investors will also be searching for any clues, in the accompanying narrative, that the Eurozone central bank would be prepared to raise interest rates in 2018, from the current floor of zero."

cxqsmg88 Oct 25, 2017 5:49am | Post# 18590

1 Attachment(s)
GBPJPY

Click to Enlarge

Name: QQ图片20171025174753.png
Size: 78 KB

Songok Oct 25, 2017 6:53am | Post# 18591

7 Attachment(s)
Next 2 setups to assess:

EURAUD 2017.07.10
H4 slingshot:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 75 KB
8.3.3 stoch slingshot, rsioma up, adx's not expanding

D1:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 81 KB
All stochastics going up, adx's expanding, rsioma up but not in the 80 zone

H1:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 70 KB
stochastics going up, rsioma turning up but not yet in the 50 zone, adx's start to expand

In hindsight not a very good setup, h4 long stochastic is crossing down the 80 line and adx's are not expanding so its a indication of losing strength,
h1 bbs rule to w8 for a green dot would save me from this trade

AUDJPY 2017.07.20

H1 slingshot:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 77 KB
rsioma up, adx's expanding, 8.3.3 bottoming,

H4:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot5.png
Size: 72 KB
all stochs long, adx's expanding, rsioma full up -perfect

M30:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot6.png
Size: 68 KB
rsioma turning down, long stochastics down, adx's stoped expanding

In hindsight down rsioma and long stochastics on h1 was a warning sign for longs, situation on m30 in every way shows that i should be buying,
If I would w8 for the bbs to show direction i would lost too but i think this trade would be valid:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot7.png
Size: 68 KB

As always Im looking forward to hear Your opinions thanks

Amg63 Oct 25, 2017 8:57am | Post# 18592

{quote} What are you trying to open ? An .ex4 file isn't a openable file. You must copy it in the right folder and restart the platform ... Then apply it on chart like any other indicator.
Well,thanks any way this is beyond my computer skill level I tried to do as you say several times. I currently only use the all ready loaded indicators that the MT4

came with. If your not out patience all ready and have a little more detailed instructions I will try again.

Thanks for responding just the same and good trading to you

FerruFx Oct 25, 2017 9:44am | Post# 18593

{quote} Well,thanks any way this is beyond my computer skill level I tried to do as you say several times. I currently only use the all ready loaded indicators that the MT4 came with. If your not out patience all ready and have a little more detailed instructions I will try again. Thanks for responding just the same and good trading to you
Did a quick search on Google and found this video for you to learn how to install custom indicators in MT4 :
Inserted Video

Songok Oct 26, 2017 1:46am | Post# 18594

2 Attachment(s)
I entered yesterday short on audusd

h1 slingshot:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 67 KB
rsioma long, stochastic slingshot, adx's expanding

M15 entry:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 64 KB
rsioma down slope + ds, adx's expanding, stochastics down sloping.

and now Im thinking should I have exit it with almost BE, h1 looks not good because of the stochastics and adx's, but good for shorts is forming ds-rsioma div

What Do You think guys?

jpadvisor Oct 26, 2017 2:23am | Post# 18595

I entered yesterday short on audusd h1 slingshot: {image} rsioma long, stochastic slingshot, adx's expanding M15 entry: {image} rsioma down slope + ds, adx's expanding, stochastics down sloping. and now Im thinking should I have exit it with almost BE, h1 looks not good because of the stochastics and adx's, but good for shorts is forming ds-rsioma div What Do You think guys?
Keep posting your trades Songok. This alone can enhance your trading skills in Alien. I assure.

jpadvisor Oct 26, 2017 2:36am | Post# 18596

I entered yesterday short on audusd h1 slingshot: {image} rsioma long, stochastic slingshot, adx's expanding M15 entry: {image} rsioma down slope + ds, adx's expanding, stochastics down sloping. and now Im thinking should I have exit it with almost BE, h1 looks not good because of the stochastics and adx's, but good for shorts is forming ds-rsioma div What Do You think guys?
Hi, what is your exit strategy mate with our system? In this trade it was to exit when the sling ended.

Songok Oct 26, 2017 3:19am | Post# 18597

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi, what is your exit strategy mate with our system? In this trade it was to exit when the sling ended.
SL or TP must be hit (1:2 RR)
in the past my interfering with trade was mostly bad for the outcome's so i stuck to this method.
For sure there is a better way so Im open to hear about it.

I think we can together build a checklist for the alien system for the new users I saw that you JP had something like this on Your chart:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 166 KB
I fully support systematic approach and want to quantify as much as i can. Do You have such a checklist JP or maybe want to give it a try to create it?

jpadvisor Oct 26, 2017 5:05am | Post# 18598

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} SL or TP must be hit (1:2 RR) in the past my interfering with trade was mostly bad for the outcome's so i stuck to this method. For sure there is a better way so Im open to hear about it. I think we can together build a checklist for the alien system for the new users I saw that you JP had something like this on Your chart: {image} I fully support systematic approach and want to quantify as much as i can. Do You have such a checklist JP or maybe want to give it a try to create it?
Hi Songok, to me if you follow a H1 setup you have to monitor it every 1 or 2 hours and if you want better RR trades you have to go from H4 to daily and also weekly chart. Then when you find a good setup there you can go for a set and forget trade.
Agree on that; best trades are the set and forget ones and when they are winners with 1/2 or 1/3 we feel great, but to me a short term setup you have to monitor best.
Regarding rules I'm also trying to be the most disciplined as possible and for this reason I'm creating a checklist, but the work is still in progress.
I took this indi (already posted from Marko) and trying to modify it but don't have the .mq4 file and think you could help in creating this checklist for all aliens. Let me know.
TMS Rules.ex4

Songok Oct 26, 2017 5:55am | Post# 18599

{quote} Hi Songok, to me if you follow a H1 setup you have to monitor it every 1 or 2 hours and if you want better RR trades you have to go from H4 to daily and also weekly chart. Then when you find a good setup there you can go for a set and forget trade. Agree on that; best trades are the set and forget ones and when they are winners with 1/2 or 1/3 we feel great, but to me a short term setup you have to monitor best. Regarding rules I'm also trying to be the most disciplined as possible and for this reason I'm creating a checklist, but the work...
We can start to build it right away rough sketch Im thinking about:

1. foundamental idea/nihilist currency strength meter to look for best trending pairs
2. Find a setup (8.3.3 slingshot, x cross, aliens hook, divergence - if i didnt mentioned something please add ) by hand/dashboard
3. Analysis
a) rsioma in the 50/80 zone and going up?
b) adx's expanding? from what lvl? (continue to climb or from compression?)
c) stochastics in the 80 zone and going up?
d) is there a price/indicator divergence signaling some warning?
e) bbs red or green?
4. Multi timeframe analysis (repeat point 3 for all mentioned TF's)
a) setup time frame
b) higher time frame
c) lower time frame
d) pinpoint entry M5-15
5. Asses risk to reward on setup timeframe (check recent volatility)
6. Look for trigger to entry Your trade on lower timeframes (m5-15)
7. Activation of the trigger - check Your predefined risk-reward ratio again with new price
8. Reap all the profits!!!!!! not ;p
9. While in trade:
If Your trade is in lower TF (h1 and lower for me) check M15 periodically for possible warnings of ending the move (divergencies, sharp moves opposed to Your position etc.)
If higher Tf's check one's a day or leave it be .
10. After the trade is resolved journal Your trade
a) win/loss in R terms
b) what did You do wrong/right
c) how did You feel about it
d) MAE/MFE
e) grade of setup
f) statistics of Your trades after the trade
g) compare Your current streak with statistically probable losing/winning streak based on Your recent win rate
11. Repeat every day to build Your ultimate routine

Bonus:
12. Check your trading stats quarterly/annually to check if everything works as it should if not change it

jpadvisor Oct 26, 2017 7:47am | Post# 18600

To me what comes first is fundamental analysis and to be ready before London open every day.
Then to watch the calendar for the incoming events.

By the way today's overview:
"Sterling rose by circa 1% versus the U.S. dollar on Wednesday, as U.K. GDP for the third quarter of 2017 came in at 0.4% growth, versus the expectation of a 0.3% rise, maintaining the YoY growth at 1.5%. Investors immediately translated this result as evidence that the BoE’s monetary policy committee, now has the necessary ammunition to announce an increase to the U.K. base rate, by circa 0.25%, when they meet on November 2nd. Sterling also rose sharply versus the vast majority of its peers including the euro; EUR/GBP up circa 0.5% on the day. Whilst still down versus its key peer (the euro) in 2017, versus a basket of other minor currency pairs, the U.K. pound is up during the year. However, in terms of weighting, the U.S. dollar and euro still represent the largest counter currencies sterling is exchanged for, and are up 10% and 15% respectively, since the Brexit referendum decision in June 2016. In other fundamental news pertaining to sterling published on Wednesday, the index of services reading fell to 0.2% and loans for home purchases fell marginally. Arguments and divisions have created another round of confusion in the USA Republican Party, which could ultimately alter Trump’s majority and therefore hinder his ambition to lower corporate and individual tax rates to some of the lowest in the developed world. Added to disappointing earnings, this consternation caused the DJIA to slip by over 100 points and circa 0.5%, whilst the U.S. dollar also fell on Wednesday, versus its main peers of euro and sterling. Gold rose, after initially falling through S1, as a risk off mood encouraged a flight to safe havens.
The drop in the main USA indices was made even more fascinating as the only high impact, hard data result of the day; durable goods orders for September, beat the forecast by a considerable distance; coming in at 2.2% growth, versus the 1% forecast. Home sales in the USA also smashed through expectation and defied a seasonal reduction; printing a stunning month on month growth figure of 18.9%, versus a 1% forecast. The fall in equities therefore provides more evidence (if necessary), that the rise in USA equity markets, since the Trump presidency win, has been due to one single, primary, factor; a promise to slash tax rates. "

© Forex Factory