Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Alien's Extraterrestrial Visual Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=463573)

jeffmichaels May 5, 2019 3:57pm | Post# 21601

Hi, Some time ago i coded a MTF for RSIOMA. If added to the chart and if RSIOMA H4 crosses D1 or W1 RSIOMA, you have a good trigger for entry to my opinion. If DDS and RSIMA are more or less synchoronized a very good entry. Some examples below. Try it and if not happy, throw it in the bin. {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {file} BR
These look like very good setups indeed, although really only H4/D combination seems to be very accurate when attaching to a chart and looking at the history. Does this indicator repaint?

jeffmichaels May 5, 2019 4:53pm | Post# 21602

4 Attachment(s)
I have been looking at Alien v2, and after reading and installing it I looked at the majors and came up with the following.
To be clear I'm posting these charts to see if I'm getting it right or not so please look at them for me and tell me if I'm on the right track

-EURUSD, Long; the DDS are all to the downside so it looks like a good opportunity for long may be setting up in the near future.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-05 223827 EURUSD.png
Size: 52 KB

-USDCHF, Short; All DDS topping so look for shorts in the near future, OBOS also red
Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-05 223909 usdchf.png
Size: 52 KB

-USDCAD, Short; less clear and weekly DDS looks like it has some more room up, OBOS is red, possible bearish RSIOMA divergence
Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-05 223934 USDCAD.png
Size: 56 KB

-AUDUSD, Long; also the weekly DDS has some more room to the downside here, OBOS is green, H4 RSIOMA bullish divergence, and upcoming H4 cross D RSIOMA
Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-05 223811 AUDUSD.png
Size: 54 KB

*LOL, market opens with big gaps today... the other way

Zimbinga May 6, 2019 6:22am | Post# 21603

I have been looking at Alien v2, and after reading and installing it I looked at the majors and came up with the following. To be clear I'm posting these charts to see if I'm getting it right or not so please look at them for me and tell me if I'm on the right track -EURUSD, Long; the DDS are all to the downside so it looks like a good opportunity for long may be setting up in the near future. {image} -USDCHF, Short; All DDS topping so look for shorts in the near future, OBOS also red {image} -USDCAD, Short; less clear and weekly DDS looks like...
Looks about right. I liked the DDS at first but now prefer the v1 stos. The MTF RSIOMA is good - if you look at times it crosses or bounces so both current TF & next higher are pointing the same way, then this picks up most of the signals the DDS would give.

Also the OBOS indi crosses 0 more or less in sync with the RSIOMA crossing 50 and OBOS lacks the 80/20 lvls. It does give more sensitivity to divergence, which I suppose has value if you do not use the v1 stos which I think spot div well enough.

jeffmichaels May 6, 2019 12:55pm | Post# 21604

{quote} Looks about right. I liked the DDS at first but now prefer the v1 stos. The MTF RSIOMA is good - if you look at times it crosses or bounces so both current TF & next higher are pointing the same way, then this picks up most of the signals the DDS would give. Also the OBOS indi crosses 0 more or less in sync with the RSIOMA crossing 50 and OBOS lacks the 80/20 lvls. It does give more sensitivity to divergence, which I suppose has value if you do not use the v1 stos which I think spot div well enough.
Yes MTF RSIOMA does look great, and OBOS is not only good when crossing the 0 but also a lot of times when the signal crosses the histogram. WHICH BTW in my posted charts are set the wrong way round. The line is green when supposed to be red and viceversa.
EURUSD Still looking like a good short long setup this week.

jpadvisor May 7, 2019 5:43am | Post# 21605

Key news for this week:
"The main Chinese equity markets sold off by circa 5% during the Asian session on Monday morning, as the Shanghai Composite and CSI equity indices fell by their largest amount in over three years. After recent reports of supposed, gradual concessions, being agreed by both China and the USA, in their trade war and tariff negotiations, the tables were upturned on Sunday evening, as President Trump took to social media to make fresh threats versus China. He stated that the current 10% tariffs on $200m of Chinese imports would increase to 25% by Friday of this week, and that all remaining imports, which total circa $550b, would also be subject to tariffs of the same amount. Versus the majority of its peers USD traded up; GBP/USD down -0.63%, EUR/USD down -0.10%, NZD/USD down -0.60% and AUD/USD down -0.53%. The kiwi and Aussie dollars sold off due to the ripple effect of the Chinese tariff threats, whilst the dollar also acted as a traditional safe haven currency asset, for risk off investors concerned over the Trump position. Japanís yen, arguably the most prominent, traditional, safe have currency, rose versus the majority of its peers, including the U.S. dollar during Mondayís sessions; at 10:30pm USD/JPY traded down -0.38% at 110.35, maintaining position above the 110.00 handle/round number, often regarded as a key area of support, by institutional level traders. The major currency pair is trading below both the 100 and 200 DMAs and has printed its lowest value in approx. five weeks, since April 1st."

jeffmichaels May 8, 2019 12:33pm | Post# 21606

2 Attachment(s)
Wanted to point out this ADX compression in EURUSD on H1, H4, and D1 happening simultaneously. Should provide a nice trade with some good momentum probably. Honestly Im not at all sure on direction though, but it looks sure to move either way.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURDUSD 2019-05-08 182724 .png
Size: 88 KB

Edit 19:05
I've taken a small short position after the H4 closed and 8-sto crossed 21-sto, stop loss just above daily high at 1.1218
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD 2019-05-08 191015.png
Size: 393 KB

jeffmichaels May 8, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 21607

1 Attachment(s)
Also want to bring potential upcoming RSIOMA cross to attention on GBPUSD on the next candle close
Click to Enlarge

Name: Annotation 2019-05-08 194201 GBPUSD.png
Size: 51 KB.

Zimbinga May 8, 2019 4:50pm | Post# 21608

Edit 19:05 I've taken a small short position after the H4 closed and 8-sto crossed 21-sto, stop loss just above daily high at 1.1218 {image}
Yes I made exactly the same decision - let's see how it works

falloverpete May 9, 2019 6:14am | Post# 21609

Hello everyone, I have been reading the first 50 pages of this thread with great interest and am, of course, excited. Although i would have to have half of my brain removed and replaced with Alien tech to change the way I have always seen the markets and indicators, but I am ready to believe.
Obviously i can see that things have moved on from 2013 but im sticking with re reading the first 500 posts and try to get the foundations down correctly. I hope you wont think of me as a dinosaur, but in regards to the RSIOMA and the EUR/USD is it being flat and on the 50% mark a 'negative' in a trade checklist? Do you go below H1 for directional bias?
In a previous life i would say 1.1218 is a good area for a stop, I have a short waiting there hoping to crash to earth.

Thank you

falloverpete May 9, 2019 1:28pm | Post# 21610

Sorry guys, I am mourning the trades who never made it back to the bank today, I will never forget them.
SO, do you think i should abandon my efforts to learn V1 or just go straight to V2?
thank you

jpadvisor May 9, 2019 1:53pm | Post# 21611

Sorry guys, I am mourning the trades who never made it back to the bank today, I will never forget them. SO, do you think i should abandon my efforts to learn V1 or just go straight to V2? thank you
Start with V1, Alien friend, then if you like can choose which is more confortable for you.

Zimbinga May 9, 2019 3:32pm | Post# 21612

{quote} Yes I made exactly the same decision - let's see how it works
Closed at BE+5 as uncomfortable with being inside H4 BBS.

Looking now at how the decision could have been better

- not to trade inside the BBS
- should have waited to see if Daily 8sto would cross green sto. Although it looked like a possible rubber band at the time.

jeffmichaels May 10, 2019 7:56am | Post# 21613

Closed at SL for me when the news hit next day, waiting would have been better indeed. I wanted to watch the soccer game Ajax - tottenham, being from Amsterdam, alas this was a big dissapointment (as well).
I did also take the gBPUSD RSIOMA H4 over D1 cross that I pointed out, which was up 40 pips but I closed it around 20 when that same news hit the next day. I do need a better news indicator because I didnt see it coming, any suugestions. I'd like one that shows the forecast, and the outcome as well

bborovac May 10, 2019 8:20am | Post# 21614

1 Attachment(s)
eu plan to go south ?Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.PNG
Size: 159 KB

Zimbinga May 10, 2019 6:20pm | Post# 21615

Hello everyone, I have been reading the first 50 pages of this thread with great interest and am, of course, excited. Although i would have to have half of my brain removed and replaced with Alien tech to change the way I have always seen the markets and indicators, but I am ready to believe. Obviously i can see that things have moved on from 2013 but im sticking with re reading the first 500 posts and try to get the foundations down correctly. I hope you wont think of me as a dinosaur, but in regards to the RSIOMA and the EUR/USD is it being flat...
Some of us continue to use v1, but use the MTF RSIOMA indi for ease of reference, which was given to us after v2 was revealed. This is just my opinion, but I think with v2 there is more danger for less experienced traders to trade against the trend (and lose) using the compression of MTF DDS concept. Alien knows what he is doing and has much experience, so it works for him.

You are correct that as with the EUR/USD, the RSIOMA being flat on H4 was a negative on the checklist. I was too early in shorting it and lucky to get out at BE. When RSIOMA does this there is often a BBS as well and generally but not always best to wait for a BBS to break and let the indis confirm the direction of break out.

Hope that helps.

Zimbinga May 10, 2019 6:23pm | Post# 21616

Obviously i can see that things have moved on from 2013 but im sticking with re reading the first 500 posts and try to get the foundations down correctly.
Have a look at the pdf summaries of the v1 system on the paperclip as well.

Zimbinga May 12, 2019 7:06am | Post# 21617

eu plan to go south ?{image}
I wonder what could be your reasons?

Daily stos are long
H4 stos 8 sto looks about to go short - but not clear yet if this is just a pullback.

TFs need to line up for a good signal.

Alien's famous 'Planets in alignment' post:
{quote} AU all 5 TF's on the stos are pointing down... when the stars , moon , sun , pluto and earth all in alignment {image}

falloverpete May 13, 2019 5:24am | Post# 21618

{quote} Have a look at the pdf summaries of the v1 system on the paperclip as well.
nanu nanu Zimbinga,
I actually like to read the thread as you get further explanations from other commentators and also some other contributors are very good also. In the PDF these often get left out as someone copies only the number 1 Alien's posts. I also , not negatively, like to see other peoples mistakes as I hope that it will prevent me making that mistake. I do like the PDF for consolidation and revision.
It is alot to digest but i am enjoying trying to understand the concept, which i think is slowly seeping into my earth brain.

Zimbinga May 13, 2019 1:23pm | Post# 21619

{quote} nanu nanu Zimbinga, I actually like to read the thread as you get further explanations from other commentators and also some other contributors are very good also. In the PDF these often get left out as someone copies only the number 1 Alien's posts. I also , not negatively, like to see other peoples mistakes as I hope that it will prevent me making that mistake. I do like the PDF for consolidation and revision. It is alot to digest but i am enjoying trying to understand the concept, which i think is slowly seeping into my earth brain.
Very true - I did the same about 3 times when the thread was somewhat smaller

Zimbinga May 13, 2019 1:29pm | Post# 21620

2 Attachment(s)
Todays trade was long EURAUD. Daily stos pointing long and rubberband at same time on both H1 & H4. Planets in alignment.

H4:
Click to Enlarge

Name: euraud-h4-international-capital-markets.png
Size: 28 KB

H1:
Click to Enlarge

Name: euraud-h1-international-capital-markets.png
Size: 15 KB

© Forex Factory