Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Multiple Time Frame Stochastic trading using 1min charts (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=462928)

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 5:44am | Post# 1

***************************************** UPDATE IN RED BELOW ORIGINAL POST******************************************
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED AND IT WILL CONTINUE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATION

..................................HERE..................................
Reason being that the thread has been through a lot this year of all sorts of everything that was tested and used any many people have come and gone and left there mark both good bad.
I feel I own it to myself and the other traders who want learn from this thread and the traders that like to post here to make it a little bit more users friendly and better laid out.After all we want to be posting our idea and trades for a long time coming and we need some ground rules and structure and this tread is far from it.
​I will move all the important things from this thread to the other thread.
Both this thread is controlled by the "High Impact" restriction to keep it clean.If you want to post please send me a pm and I will put you on my "buddies" list and you will be able to post bearing in mind that you follow the rules outlined
...............Please don't post in this thread again..............

* UPDATE IN RED BELOW ORIGINAL POST

Hi

This thread will focus on using the MTF(Multiple Time Frame) Stochastic.

This thread draws its inspiration from the Genesis Matrix System (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796 )

Thanks to RJ and the others for letting us start this Thread where we will focus on all variations of their 1 min System.

Please feel free to post all relevant 1 min charts here that you wish to share.Together with any description that you might feel useful in explaining why did what you did.

This not the place to have long winded debates and arguments about who's system or settings are better than the other.EACH TO THEIR OWN

I really hope we all can share what we use here and I for one am looking forward to share my trades as well as learning from others and improving myself.

Good luck and Good Trading

Rooi

Please remember that this is a 1min thread and that you can find the basics of the systems discussed here in the Genesis Matrix System thread.

10 / 09 / 2014

So after a lot of work on this system and myself in the last 9 months it only vaguely resembles the original version posted here in the beginning

This method has moved closer to the the Genesis method using everything like the original setup excluding the Stochastic. Proving that modeling something that is already working is much better than building a new.

The newest version is available on post ( http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...91#post7749891 )

For the first 133 pages please focus on Strada's views and trades as I trade very very similar to him now and that has always been the/my overall goal.
From page 133 I read the system much like he does.At least I hope

No need to read through everything.If you are really interested then please download everything you need from the Genesis Thread and ask if you need anything specific that is not yet provided in the thread that you might see me or someone else using here.

I WILL UPDATE HERE WHEN I STOP

TRADING THIS SYSTEM
So unless stated I am trading this system everyday

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 5:47am | Post# 2

2 Attachment(s)
Trades
Click to Enlarge

Name: trades 16.12.2013.png
Size: 45 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Trades 17.12.2013.png
Size: 67 KB

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 5:53am | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
Nice GU entry with some analysis
Click to Enlarge

Name: 16.12.2013 T2.png
Size: 34 KB

realjumper Dec 17, 2013 5:53am | Post# 4

Nice one Rooi...I wish you success with your thread. I'll drop by from time to time and show some trades. I especially like to scale in trades on the M1 TF, but today isn't the day for that!

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 6:12am | Post# 5

Nice one Rooi...I wish you success with your thread. I'll drop by from time to time and show some trades. I especially like to scale in trades on the M1 TF, but today isn't the day for that!
Thanks RJ. Looking forward to your trades

guilherme Dec 17, 2013 6:48am | Post# 6

Sorry for asking !!!! What is the green dotted line in the chart ?

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 6:53am | Post# 7

Sorry for asking !!!! What is the green dotted line in the chart ?
Hi guilherme

No problem

The green dotted line is the 50 Simple Moving Average

colombino Dec 17, 2013 7:02am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately I dont have the rights to write in the great Genesis thread to wonder there, but I wonder why is everyone still using the misleading form of MTF stoch in their charts examples as verifications why their take the trade... we already got great MTF stoch which shows the right values thanks to the Xaphod http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=381999 so why dont use it?
Many M1 trades backtest exaples posted by Jimi in Genesis thread are simply invalid, so it would be great to not to repeat the same mistake here

Take a look on your last chart example:
Click to Enlarge

Name: x.jpg
Size: 450 KB

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 7:37am | Post# 9

Unfortunately I dont have the rights to write in the great Genesis thread to wonder there, but I wonder why is everyone still using the misleading form of MTF stoch in their charts examples as verifications why their take the trade... we already got great MTF stoch which shows the right values thanks to the Xaphod http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=381999 so why dont use it? Many M1 trades backtest exaples posted by Jimi in Genesis thread are simply invalid, so it would be great to not to repeat the same mistake here Take...
Hi

Thanks for sharing your views and information.Please feel free to post any relevant information that you have found useful when trading the 1min MTF Stoch.

Lets try and refrain from being negative about RJ,The Genesis thread or anyone posting valuable information as this is simply not what the thread is about.

Hope to see some of your chart and trades that can help the process for all who want to trade a variation of the Gen system.

I for one favor forward testing and live trades taken.Backtesting has limited use when working on a actual trade system or philosophy

Rooi

Intrepidpips Dec 17, 2013 11:45am | Post# 10

{quote} Hi Thanks for sharing your views and information.Please feel free to post any relevant information that you have found useful when trading the 1min MTF Stoch. Lets try and refrain from being negative about RJ,The Genesis thread or anyone posting valuable information as this is simply not what the thread is about. Hope to see some of your chart and trades that can help the process for all who want to trade a variation of the Gen system. I for one favor forward testing and live trades taken.Backtesting has limited use when working on a actual...
Hi Rooi so sorry I tilted the boat over back there.

Nothing personal about RJ, he just failed to reply a PM that's what spiraled into that. I do visit the GMS thread now and then, think I'd read post #1 again.
Recall I asked if I could post my charts?, I try not to break ranks.
I was not trying to say I have a better system, trading is very very personal.
Looking forward to learning from you and others who would post.

Peace "Madiba Style"

Rooi Dec 17, 2013 11:57am | Post# 11

{quote} Hi Rooi so sorry I tilted the boat over back there. Nothing personal about RJ, he just failed to reply a PM that's what spiraled into that. I do visit the GMS thread now and then, think I'd read post #1 again. Recall I asked if I could post my charts?, I try not to break ranks. I was not trying to say I have a better system, trading is very very personal. Looking forward to learning from you and others who would post. Peace "Madiba Style"
Hi mate.

Yes sure.Post charts.Share analysis,experience and any useful information.

Looking forward to learning from you too

Rooi

Intrepidpips Dec 17, 2013 1:50pm | Post# 12

Unfortunately I dont have the rights to write in the great Genesis thread to wonder there, but I wonder why is everyone still using the misleading form of MTF stoch in their charts examples as verifications why their take the trade... we already got great MTF stoch which shows the right values thanks to the Xaphod http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=381999 so why dont use it? Many M1 trades backtest exaples posted by Jimi in Genesis thread are simply invalid, so it would be great to not to repeat the same mistake here Take...

Hello Colombino,

I see the difference in the 2 Stochs you used on your chart as example, I see that the first one crossed earlier, closer to the reversal at the extremes.
s which do you favour?, obviously the first one I guess can you clarify which one is being erroneously being used and which you prefer? Peharps you could post that one here?

anthm Dec 17, 2013 8:33pm | Post# 13

Morning All
Rooi I see you don't use the ASC trend 2TF for your M1 trading, may I kindly ask what is your theory in leaving it out.
Regards
Anthm

Rooi Dec 18, 2013 1:25am | Post# 14

Morning All Rooi I see you don't use the ASC trend 2TF for your M1 trading, may I kindly ask what is your theory in leaving it out. Regards Anthm
Hi anthm

To me personally the Stoch 15 is the most important of the all the tools.

Bearing in mind that I only normally trade with clean charts with one Moving Average all these indicators are plenty if not too many already.

I will post examples later as im pretty busy till Jan 2014 being holiday time and all

Look forward to seeing some of your chart and learning from you

ROOI

Rooi Dec 18, 2013 3:13am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
+14.5pips for this morning after taking a nice -21 (-7 X 3) on the GU as my first trade.

Have family here so not trading the whole day.Just trading the opens for now.Will spend a lot more time in front of the screens from next year.

Looks like I left some on the table and there was a lot more to get on the EJ and GU. Like I said I have to run out.

Hope you guys had a good morning

Rooi
Click to Enlarge

Name: Trades 18.12.2013.png
Size: 55 KB

strada Dec 18, 2013 3:40am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Morning Rooi, I did 2 trades on EU, not my favourite pair but the only one I monitor that was doing anything before Fr open. Anyway small profit for day and will leave it at that for now.
Wish you well with your thread, can see it will benefit many in various ways.
Regards, strada.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusdm1 2013-12-18.png
Size: 39 KB

anthm Dec 18, 2013 4:02am | Post# 17

{quote} Hi anthm To me personally the Stoch 15 is the most important of the all the tools. Bearing in mind that I only normally trade with clean charts with one Moving Average all these indicators are plenty if not too many already. I will post examples later as im pretty busy till Jan 2014 being holiday time and all Look forward to seeing some of your chart and learning from you ROOI
Hi Rooi,
You where saying your most important indi is the M15 Stoch I am unsure why you took the short UJ on chart one and the short GU on chart 2 both it seems the M15 stoch was crossed towards up direction??
Kind Regards

Edit, please excuse me, maybe I am reading it wrong, does red arrow represent entry then dotted red extend to exits?

Rooi Dec 18, 2013 4:25am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Rooi, You where saying your most important indi is the M15 Stoch I am unsure why you took the short UJ on chart one and the short GU on chart 2 both it seems the M15 stoch was crossed towards up direction?? Kind Regards Edit, please excuse me, maybe I am reading it wrong, does red arrow represent entry then dotted red extend to exits?
Hi Anthm

The first trade on the GU does not fit 100% with stoch your right.We do have to remember that the Stock only prints its actaul posistion every 15min like I show whit the red lines.

The second GU trades fit much better whit the rules and stoch

The UJ trade went sideways right after entry and made the green line wander on the top side of the red.I was looking for the JPY to go down as they were both sitting at Supply on the 5min TF

All the trades except for the first GU trade never went above the recent highs so no need to panic about the small DD they entered.

They could have gone the other way for sure.

I am still in the "developing" part of my rules for this system and will be paying a great deal of attention to how or what can be improved.I know you have traded your variation of the Gen system for a while so will be looking what I can learn from you.

I have only been trading this system for 4 trading days now.

Please let me know if there is anything you want to me explain a bit more

Kind Regards

Rooi
Click to Enlarge

Name: UJ GU T.png
Size: 88 KB

Rooi Dec 18, 2013 4:34am | Post# 19

{quote} Edit, please excuse me, maybe I am reading it wrong, does red arrow represent entry then dotted red extend to exits?

Yip red lines run from entry to exit

anthm Dec 18, 2013 4:49am | Post# 20

{quote} Hi Rooi, You where saying your most important indi is the M15 Stoch I am unsure why you took the short UJ on chart one and the short GU on chart 2 both it seems the M15 stoch was crossed towards up direction?? Kind Regards Edit, please excuse me, maybe I am reading it wrong, does red arrow represent entry then dotted red extend to exits?
Ok, that's understood, actually I am trading Genesis M1 as per RJ,s PDF. My exits however are a little different I suspect more in line with your 3 exit approach that I think we both adopted from Strada. (which I think incidentally he is steering away from)There are however a few things that I have not got hard and fast rules for namely the more aggressive entry's and stoch positioning for them, also identifying recent trends which is a big part of Genesis and RJ I truly believe is onto something there. I have started to look more at the M30 stoch for this. The biggest problem I see with identifying the trend is that it is so discretionary. Also I haven't hard and fast rules for exit when after entry the trade goes against entry direction. So hoping for a more refined rules set early in the new year. Like you I am busy until well into the new year so just taking as much in as I can until then.
Kind Regards
Anthm

© Forex Factory