Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Harmonic Elliott Wave (HEW) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=460515)

HappyMe Dec 3, 2013 3:13pm | Post# 1

Harmonic Elliott Wave (HEW)

In this thread we want only discuss the Harmonic Elliott Wave Theory (HEW)

Please post your thoughts, post your HEW charts and projection sheets! We love to learn from it!!

Since 2011 I'm trading a little around. firstly i started with robots....it all doesn't worked, well now I know why. I tried to program so called "proven systems" and again it didn't really worked for a long time, even not in backtesting!! So I decided to look further. Then I saw the 4 Hour MACD Trading system. This system is actually a trading system that is trying to following the market Rhythm. The system is in a threath here on FF very well described and after a few years still active. Well after +/- year learning and trading this system, I must conclude that I'm still around the BE point. Somewhere I could never filter the right MACD signals out of the system and that is the only problem with this system (in my case). To often I take the wrong ones what is eating my winning trades. To solve this I was searched for a market rhythm "thing" that could help me filter out the triggers the system is given. ...and came across Classic Elliott Wave (CEW) and the Harmonic Elliott Wave (HEW). Well both are couting the waves, tring to follow the Market Rhythm. But the big difference in both is that with HEW we can have (in my opinion) a better edge of what the market can do and is doing.

With that we can (in my opinion):
-have more an idea were to put my SL and my TP
-better judge the trade signals in a trading system
-We can determine turningpoints/ereas
-can build my trades arround a wave (from beginning to the end) That means that the first trade (in the beginning of the wave) is in the right direction. I can cover with that trade all the other trades in that wave! So if somewhere the wave construction is breaking.... I still can get out without problems.
-use the HEW as price indicator to other indicators you like or trading system as I do.

That all was deciding me to learn the HEW and try to become a master on it.
Well I just beginning to absorb the HEW, so I really have to learn a lot and hopefully I can manage it! So that's why I decided to create a new threat specially for HEW.

Please Join the club, have a positive and open mind and then this threath and our trading will definitely a success!!

Have a very informative stay here!!

Best regards,

HappyMe

ps: in this threat I will always try to combine the HEW with the 4H MACD system. And I only trade the EURUSD pair.
Ofcourse it's up to you what and if you will combine...in all situations I will welcome you

Best regards,
HappyMe

HappyMe Dec 3, 2013 3:16pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
My first post in this threat....I will post my current HEW counting. Well am I correct with this?!

I'm not sure if the last orange c/iv wave is correct... well we see I think
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 12 KB

Ian Copsey Dec 3, 2013 10:46pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
My first post in this threat....I will post my current HEW counting. Well am I correct with this?! I'm not sure if the last orange c/iv wave is correct... well we see I think {image}
Try the following and check out on the spreadsheet:
Click to Enlarge

Name: EUR5minute_zpsd120e048.png
Size: 182 KB

Gbp/jpy Dec 4, 2013 12:44am | Post# 4

{quote} Try the following and check out on the spreadsheet: {image}
I'm so tickled to see your chart here Ian Copsey , been reading your posts for a decade almost....and your signature is hilarious.

Ian Copsey Dec 4, 2013 2:56am | Post# 5

{quote} I'm so tickled to see your chart here Ian Copsey , been reading your posts for a decade almost....and your signature is hilarious.
Yes, I did start around 10 years ago on FXStreet. I hope you've found them useful although the methodology has obviously changed a lot... I've been posting on here for 2-3 years also on an occasional basis. People on here are more amenable to listening to an alternative although I did have one hate mail from one guy... he got thrown off the board - and on other forum I've seen too. Not a pleasant chap!

Ha! Maybe I should change my signature... I used to be educated quite a few times and taught that waves need to develop in 5-wave sequences...

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 5:03am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Try the following and check out on the spreadsheet: {image}

That's great...an exercise!

Well I'm still struggling with the spreatsheet so maybe it's good to build this excercise in different steps...
1) filling the "impulsive wave 3" into the spreadsheet
2) filling the "impulsive wave 2" and then "impulsive wave 1" into the spreadsheet
3) after that looking to the projections

Here is my first step (look at the red rectangle in the image)
I noted here the wave levels of the highest degree (the [ i] [ii] ...[iv] waves in your chart. I think that was the easy part.For the second step I'm already confused....
So we have there wave [iii] with his a,b,c levels
Now we need to go a little higher in the spreadsheet to the "impulsive wave 2" section. In this section we put the wave levels form wave [ii] to [a]

Is this correct?

And then again a little higher in the spreadsheet to the " impulsive wave 3" section. In this section we put the wave levels from wave [ b] to [v] .... well I am totaly unsure about the last one....
Click to Enlarge

Size: 32 KB

ud1nh0 Dec 4, 2013 5:59am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
hi fellow
this hew count is correct rite?
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd-m5-oanda-division1.png
Size: 48 KB

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 6:13am | Post# 8

hi fellow this hew count is correct rite? {image}
Hi, this is a chart from 21/22 nov I see. Well I can't really see your counting in combination with the fib-lines
I see a, b, 1/i c..?! .... I can't recognize the i, ii, iii (a,b,c) iv, v (a,b,c) in your chart

Maybe you can have a look to the counting in post 3 from this thread. If we all use this way of counting we all have the same look at the charts. That is the less confusing for all of us. Besides that we all can follow your counting better and maybe give advise.

ud1nh0 Dec 4, 2013 6:20am | Post# 9

{quote} Hi, this is a chart from 21/22 nov I see. Well I can't really see your counting in combination with the fib-lines I see a, b, 1/i c..?! .... I can't recognize the i, ii, iii (a,b,c) iv, v (a,b,c) in your chart Maybe you can have a look to the counting in post 3 from this thread. If we all use this way of counting we all have the same look at the charts. That is the less confusing for all of us. Besides that we all can follow your counting better and maybe give advise.

its not there. im placing my self at any condition that i will meet movement like this. wave a 5 wave c 5. i mean its simulation from zero point
HEW stated a wave i ii iii iv v move in abc or 3 segment.

Ian Copsey Dec 4, 2013 6:32am | Post# 10

{quote} That's great...an exercise! Well I'm still struggling with the spreatsheet so maybe it's good to build this excercise in different steps... 1) filling the "impulsive wave 3" into the spreadsheet 2) filling the "impulsive wave 2" and then "impulsive wave 1" into the spreadsheet 3) after that looking to the projections Here is my first step (look at the red rectangle in the image) I noted here the wave levels of the highest degree (the [ i] [ii] ...[iv] waves in your chart. I think that was the easy part.For the second step I'm already...
That's the same SS as I have. Now you can work on the rally from the Wave / [iii] and put that in the section above and see how the Wave v fits in with the Wave [iii]... (of course before getting to Wave [a] you have to go through that also...

Ian Copsey Dec 4, 2013 6:37am | Post# 11

hi fellow this hew count is correct rite? {image}
That was the count I judged incorrectly as the noise in there was deafening...
However, I'd suggest the Wave a was at the second peak and not the third. If you look closely in the rise to the second peak there was a single bar pullback that would have made that an ABC - and therefore Wave v

Almondeyed Dec 4, 2013 8:37am | Post# 12

{quote} That was the count I judged incorrectly as the noise in there was deafening... However, I'd suggest the Wave a was at the second peak and not the third. If you look closely in the rise to the second peak there was a single bar pullback that would have made that an ABC - and therefore Wave v
Ian, can you give some info about our study methodology? I for example first look at a chart and decide few alternative wave structures in my mind and after it I measure waves to give final decision about waves. In general i start to search Wave 5's because they are often %50 or %61.8 of Wave 1-3 so less scenarios to eliminate... IF i find possible Wave 5 candidate I try to solve other relationships. I seldom use spreadsheet because easier to see bigger picture on a chart. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 9:39am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
Do we now have to deal with a flat at the EURUSD?!

Name:  Image3.png
Views: 15541
Size:  11 KB

ud1nh0 Dec 4, 2013 9:49am | Post# 14

Do we now have to deal with a flat at the EURUSD?! {image}

the flat may be finished at 3524 yesterday
this maybe 5 wave up in flat from 3524?
im sori if confuse u.
that was cew...forget about it

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 9:51am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} the flat may be finished at 3524 yesterday this maybe 5 wave up in flat from 3524?
This is how a flat looks like.... I think it can fit now. For yesterday I can't fit this pattern in the chart..can you?

extra info:
a Flat correction:

Can occure in correction waves (2, 4, b or even x-waves) => we finished this morning wave iii...so we are in wave iv

Numbered with Fa, Fb and Fc

Also a 5-3-5 wave => actually I can't fit this into the pattern right now...?!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 67 KB

ud1nh0 Dec 4, 2013 9:56am | Post# 16

{quote} This is how a flat looks like.... I think it can fit now. For yesterday I can't fit this pattern in the chart..can you? {image}

yesterday was expanded flat.. in zoom 1 m chart it was down 5 stroke then up 5 stroke small to 3560
im my view

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 10:03am | Post# 17

{quote} yesterday was expanded flat.. in zoom 1 m chart it was down 5 stroke then up 5 stroke small to 3560 im my view
Oke.. But how are you explaining this move...how can it fit in any known pattern?

HappyMe Dec 4, 2013 4:53pm | Post# 18

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} That's the same SS as I have. Now you can work on the rally from the Wave / [iii] and put that in the section above and see how the Wave v fits in with the Wave [iii]... (of course before getting to Wave [a] you have to go through that also...
So, i worked it out

step1: firstly we put the levels for wave [ i] to [ v] in the spreadsheet at "Imulse wave 3"
step 2: second we put the levels for wave [ b] to [ c] /[ iii] in the spreadsheet at "impulse wave 2"
step 3: thirth we put the levels for wave b to iii (within wave [ iii] in the spreadsheet at "impulse wave 1"

And analog to this we also can do this for the wave [ v] ?!

In the images you see the results of step 1, 2 and 3

If this is correct the we know what to fill in where... and we can go to the build process...and the projections

I'm curious if I did the job correct
Click to Enlarge

Size: 5 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 33 KB

ud1nh0 Dec 4, 2013 7:12pm | Post# 19

{quote} Oke.. But how are you explaining this move...how can it fit in any known pattern?
possible a 3 expanded flat

Ian Copsey Dec 4, 2013 8:19pm | Post# 20

Do we now have to deal with a flat at the EURUSD?! {image}
How about that being a deep Wave b of Wave v?

I don't like them... but Wave b's have a mind of their own...

© Forex Factory