Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   MT4 error keeps drawing Trend Lines automatically! (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/456564-mt4-error-keeps-drawing-trend-lines-automatically)

daujones Nov 10, 2013 11:31am | Post# 1

MT4 error keeps drawing Trend Lines automatically!

1 Attachment(s)
I cant figure it out!! deleted all indicators and still it keeps drawing new support resistence levels by adding Trend Lines all over my chart! Its NOT an indi doing this, its MT4 i think, i cannot find info anywhere on net how to make it stop... when i select and rightclick on a trendline
it really tells its the same kind of trendline i could draw manually. Someone has any suggestion how to turn this madness off?
Any clues?
I have to go to objects and delete in a bulk way, that makes it better temporarily atleast..
See image its those in RED

Thanks for any help or suggestion
Click to Enlarge

Name: trendfak.png
Size: 77 KB

MaxDoom Nov 10, 2013 12:10pm | Post# 2

I cant figure it out!! deleted all indicators and still it keeps drawing new support resistence levels by adding Trend Lines all over my chart! Its NOT an indi doing this, its MT4 i think, i cannot find info anywhere on net how to make it stop... when i select and rightclick on a trendline it really tells its the same kind of trendline i could draw manually. Someone has any suggestion how to turn this madness off? Any clues? I have to go to objects and delete in a bulk way, that makes it better temporarily atleast.. See image its those in RED Thanks...
well you are showing a picture with lots of indis on it and an EA running. even if you think it is not them why don't try taking them all off then see if keeps drawing them. Also have you checked that it is not an EA or indi on another chart?

skenobi Nov 10, 2013 12:26pm | Post# 3

I cant figure it out!! deleted all indicators and still it keeps drawing new support resistence levels by adding Trend Lines all over my chart! Its NOT an indi doing this, its MT4 i think, i cannot find info anywhere on net how to make it stop... when i select and rightclick on a trendline it really tells its the same kind of trendline i could draw manually. Someone has any suggestion how to turn this madness off? Any clues? I have to go to objects and delete in a bulk way, that makes it better temporarily atleast.. See image its those in RED Thanks...
Am assuming you have all that stuff in your screenshot as part of a template?

Delete objects in a bulk way, as you say.

Then immediately re-save your template... or better yet, save a completely new template.

daujones Nov 10, 2013 1:04pm | Post# 4

Thanks for suggestions. Checked the other charts and theres no indis there or Eas that could make those trendlines... Also now i deleted all trendline objects and saved theme and i guess ill have to wait till markets open and see if its fixed!

Thanks for help, hope it works.

skenobi Nov 10, 2013 1:29pm | Post# 5

Thanks for suggestions. Checked the other charts and theres no indis there or Eas that could make those trendlines... Also now i deleted all trendline objects and saved theme and i guess ill have to wait till markets open and see if its fixed! Thanks for help, hope it works.
Huh? "wait till markets open"?

Haven't you run the templates already? If I'm not wrong, my suggestion is not dependent on market open/close. The lines should (if I suspect these lines were actually stray "objects" left behind) be gone already.

daujones Nov 10, 2013 2:13pm | Post# 6

{quote} Huh? "wait till markets open"? Haven't you run the templates already? If I'm not wrong, my suggestion is not dependent on market open/close. The lines should (if I suspect these lines were actually stray "objects" left behind) be gone already.
Yes they are deleted so they do not show but as soon as new data comes in to mt4 it starts adding new trendlines however now its closed so have to wait until markets open and se if īt reacts to new data or if ure solution worked

daujones Nov 11, 2013 6:32am | Post# 7

Still makes these trendlines! omg

MaxDoom Nov 11, 2013 7:38am | Post# 8

Still makes these trendlines! omg

then they must be being generated by an indi or EA somewhere, MT4 wouldn't just randomly add them in the manner that you have described.

is it on all symbols or just one symbol ?

when it creates them are they always in the same time/price or are proper new ones at new times/prices appearing?

Have you tried removing every indicator and every EA from all charts ?

Or better yet close down all charts and start again with 1 fresh chart and see if it still happens.

It won't be random, you just have not found the cause yet

daujones Nov 11, 2013 7:55am | Post# 9

{quote} then they must be being generated by an indi or EA somewhere, MT4 wouldn't just randomly add them in the manner that you have described. is it on all symbols or just one symbol ? when it creates them are they always in the same time/price or are proper new ones at new times/prices appearing? Have you tried removing every indicator and every EA from all charts ? Or better yet close down all charts and start again with 1 fresh chart and see if it still happens. It won't be random, you just have not found the cause yet
Hi Max thanks for help...

If the EA is off the chart theres still trendlines created automatically.. They are created according to price change whereas the prices tends to behave like a support or resistance then they are added to chart automatically, whatever it is it Thinks theres a support or resistance as soon the price hower around a Point. Its Always according to this.
All other charts works without this problem and has NO trendslines automatically added. I have tried deleting all indicator and thats not helping.
Could it be a script somewhere ? i am Clueless...

daujones Nov 11, 2013 8:05am | Post# 10

4 Attachment(s)
some more samples if i select a trendline
Click to Enlarge

Name: sampl1.jpg
Size: 164 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: sampl2.jpg
Size: 298 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: sampl3.jpg
Size: 266 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: sampl4.jpg
Size: 275 KB

daujones Nov 11, 2013 8:22am | Post# 11

Please observe that the trendlines i have problems with are RED color and made automatically... first image shows alot...laste ones shows 2..

MaxDoom Nov 11, 2013 8:32am | Post# 12

Please observe that the trendlines i have problems with are RED color and made automatically... first image shows alot...laste ones shows 2..
I don't think that you are helping yourself.... You are still showing charts with indi and eas on, you won't eliminate the problem that way.

I suggest that you open a new chart for the symbol same timeframe and do not put anything on it. Then delete the current chart and see if the lines appear then

if they do then change the symbol on the chart and see if they appear

daujones Nov 11, 2013 9:15am | Post# 13

OK thanks i deleted all and build up step by step and it seems to work now

© Forex Factory