Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Auslanco 15min GBP/JPY startegy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=45076)

GodfreyH Sep 3, 2007 2:49pm | Post# 121

no mate does not ssem to work i added the indicator and restarted the mt4 platform and went to custom indicators there was nothing new? Pls help
Bksul,

Did you double check your windows explorer to check that the file is really in your experts/indicator folder.

Also, look at the start of your custom indicator directory as in the screenshot below. Because of the hash's (###) , it should be near the top of your indicator list.

http://www.irieisle-online.com/screen.jpg

bksujal Sep 3, 2007 3:26pm | Post# 122

hey can i have the qqe in mp4 format and i am having problems logging in vt trader any idea about that my username and passwords are correct but i cannot login??? what should i do for that?

MPP Sep 3, 2007 3:50pm | Post# 123

hey can i have the qqe in mp4 format and i am having problems logging in vt trader any idea about that my username and passwords are correct but i cannot login??? what should i do for that?
hi top right hand corner of the thread page, there's a paper clip with the number 21 next to it.

click this and look for Auslanco system indicators, it contains all the MT4 items needed the add the Version 4 QQe and you have it all, unzip it and read the readme file for save locations.

hope this helps

if not let us know and we can list the files you need.

regards

MPP

bksujal Sep 3, 2007 3:56pm | Post# 124

mate i had a look at all the attachments and found nothin because i need the QQE in .mp4 format does anyone have that? then pls post it
Thanks
Bksujal

MPP Sep 3, 2007 3:59pm | Post# 125

1 Attachment(s)
quote=bksujal;1573690]mate i had a look at all the attachments and found nothin because i need the QQE in .mp4 format does anyone have that? then pls post it
Thanks
Bksujal[/quote]

if you are running MT4 the .ex4 version works fine on mine so should for you, place the file in you expert indicators file and restart MT4. should be at or around the top of your list (my file location looks like this C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators)

###QQE_Alert_MTF_v4###.ex4

brucehvn Sep 3, 2007 4:14pm | Post# 126

mate i had a look at all the attachments and found nothin because i need the QQE in .mp4 format does anyone have that? then pls post it
Thanks
Bksujal
Que does not release the mq4 source code. Only the compiled ex4.

bksujal Sep 3, 2007 4:59pm | Post# 127

ok then do one thing give me the link to download mt4 platform because i added the QQE so many times in indicators but it does not seem to load

MPP Sep 3, 2007 5:08pm | Post# 128

ok then do one thing give me the link to download mt4 platform because i added the QQE so many times in indicators but it does not seem to load
1. Download latest build from website http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mt4setup.exe

You can open a demo account on demo server:
Enter "Demo.Metaquotes.net:443" in the "Server:" field of the "Server" tab in the "Tools -> Options" menu. Click "Ok".
Then go to the "File -> Open an Account" menu and select "Demo.Metaquotes.net:443" at the second registration page.

2. MetaTrader 4 can connect to MetaTrader 4 Server. Ask your broker support team about trading via MetaTrader 4 Server.

try this, if i understand you, you are trying to run a MT4 expert on a vt program. if this is the case try looking through the other Auslanco threads, i am sure the Vt files were posted first and then Que converted them.

regards

MPP

deltop Sep 3, 2007 5:08pm | Post# 129

dots and arrow

plase i need some clarification, when auslanco say wait for the two signal(arrow and dot) to line up, does this mean we can have a situation where they wont line up bcos on my chart it is kind of hard to find them together,they are always two or three candlestick away.

MPP Sep 3, 2007 5:23pm | Post# 130

plase i need some clarification, when auslanco say wait for the two signal(arrow and dot) to line up, does this mean we can have a situation where they wont line up bcos on my chart it is kind of hard to find them together,they are always two or three candlestick away.
I may get corrected on this but i believe, they just need to be present at the same time.

Qman Sep 3, 2007 5:24pm | Post# 131

Can't get the mq4 version for now.

The author of the MT4 version of QQE goes by the handle Que around here. He will NOT provide the mq4 extension version of the indicator as it is based upon some code that he does not have permission to distribute. He has been kind enough to provide us what we already have, and we are lucky at that. Please don't pester further for the mq4 extension file. If he can eventually LEGALLY provide it I'm sure he will. For now, you will have to work with the ex4 version, like everyone else. Most of us are not having the trouble you are, so you are probably missing some basic step. Relax. Reload the basic software if you must, and in a focused, deliberate manner, follow the instructions provided to you above.

Good Luck.

Que Sep 3, 2007 6:11pm | Post# 132

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I know about the multiple dots. I commented out some code last night and forgot to add it back before compiling.

As far as the dots placement....

The dots are being drawn correctly. I will try to post a screenshot with why they are in a few minutes, but I assure you, this is correct.

As far as the .mp4 code. I can not publish it. Stop PMing me for the code as you will not get it, and honestly it is starting to get a bit annoying.

Attached is the new code that fixes the multi dot issue.
###QQE_Alert_MTF_v5###.ex4

Que Sep 3, 2007 6:14pm | Post# 133

1 Attachment(s)
As I do not have Bruces email. This is altered code of his. I have not gone over the math for accuracy at all and am making the assumption it is correct. This clears up any dots he made previously template or not, and it also clears up his multi dot issue if I did it right. Only spent a few min on it and this is TEST CODE ONLY.

ONLY BRUCE CAN RELEASE HIS OWN CODE.

*edit*

You can use any of this code in your programming.
MT4-LevelStop-Reverse-TEST_CODE.mq4

MPP Sep 3, 2007 6:17pm | Post# 134

Ok, I know about the multiple dots. I commented out some code last night and forgot to add it back before compiling.

As far as the dots placement....

The dots are being drawn correctly. I will try to post a screenshot with why they are in a few minutes, but I assure you, this is correct.

As far as the .mp4 code. I can not publish it. Stop PMing me for the code as you will not get it, and honestly it is starting to get a bit annoying.

Attached is the new code that fixes the multi dot issue.
hi Que
thanks for the hard work on this. question can this version be placed in the Auslanco template and will it affect the current setup. just trying to trim down the number of charts.

i have been makeing the changes manually (add v4 remove v3) seems ok.

regards

MPP

Que Sep 3, 2007 6:32pm | Post# 135

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the pictur below.

Notice how the cross happens between two bars. This means that the cross was in progress and could change durring the Red lines. Until the bar under the Red line closed, there is no way to ensure the cross will be there at the close of the bar.

Thus the dot shows up on the opening bar AFTER the cross has closed. This is the only way to do it correctly.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dots.gif
Size: 17 KB

Que Sep 3, 2007 6:35pm | Post# 136

hi Que
thanks for the hard work on this. question can this version be placed in the Auslanco template and will it affect the current setup. just trying to trim down the number of charts.

i have been makeing the changes manually (add v4 remove v3) seems ok.

regards

MPP
No, the template refers to a specific indicator, and the indicator is named different. I am sure by the end of the day, if everyone is happy with all of the indicators, Someone will make a new zip file with the new template in it.

MPP Sep 3, 2007 6:41pm | Post# 137

No, the template refers to a specific indicator, and the indicator is named different. I am sure by the end of the day, if everyone is happy with all of the indicators, Someone will make a new zip file with the new template in it.

Thanks for the reply, i have just made a change to the layout of MT4, looks better, so now i can keep the 4 charts opened.

regards

MPP

brucehvn Sep 3, 2007 7:49pm | Post# 138

New Thread for my indicators

I've put the latest versions of any of my MT4 indicators for Auslanco's strategy in a new thread. Since ForexFactory now allows the thread creator to edit the first post forever, I can keep the latest versions there for you. Just go to the link in my signature.

There is an update to the MT4-LevelStop-Reverse there today.

Bruce

PTB Sep 3, 2007 8:02pm | Post# 139

Template creation?

I have not been able to download the zip or compressed templates. But I have no trouble loaded the individual Auslanco indicators. When I have the chart the way I think it is supposed to be then I just "Save Template" and it is available to use again. Is there any real difference in my saved template and the templates that I am unable to download? It works great for me. Thanks for all your help.

brucehvn Sep 3, 2007 8:22pm | Post# 140

I have not been able to download the zip or compressed templates. But I have no trouble loaded the individual Auslanco indicators. When I have the chart the way I think it is supposed to be then I just "Save Template" and it is available to use again. Is there any real difference in my saved template and the templates that I am unable to download? It works great for me. Thanks for all your help.
Nope, no real difference if you've got all the indicators setup with the proper values. Plus it looks the way you want it to

When you use someone else's template, then you are stuck with their preferences.

© Forex Factory