Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do You Have A Winning Mentality? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=448108)

Muhammad Ezz Sep 16, 2013 9:04pm | Post# 1

Do You Have A Winning Mentality?

I just wanna ask you a simple question .... How Do you think that the big football teams Like Man Utd / Barca / Milan and What not take a lot of hits during the season, Even sometimes they come 10th or less after the quarter of the season games have been played .... Then They bounce back to win the league or at least finish at the top 4 ? .... Take your time and guess ... speak your mind and type whatever comes to your mind .... ...... Yes this is related to trading, I'm not drunk and I'm aware that I'm not in the Man Utd fans forum ... I'll come back with some thoughts that a lot of you already thought about but I'm just reminding you

Muhammad Ezz Sep 17, 2013 7:20am | Post# 2

No one could even guess :O that's disappointing

Forexnuts Sep 18, 2013 4:30am | Post# 3

"Yes, we can" - for the broker/consortium..
"Yes, I can" - for the trader..one size fits all

Muhammad Ezz Sep 18, 2013 6:49am | Post# 4

"Yes, we can" - for the broker/consortium.. "Yes, I can" - for the trader..one size fits all
I didn't get that

hedging Sep 18, 2013 12:53pm | Post# 5

In Forex trading trader should be mentally strong so that he will be able to trade properly and will be able to earn consistent profit. Trading skills and experience plays important role in the trading.

Muhammad Ezz Sep 18, 2013 12:56pm | Post# 6

In Forex trading trader should be mentally strong so that he will be able to trade properly and will be able to earn consistent profit. Trading skills and experience plays important role in the trading.
Totally agree. But what I meant to point at in this thread is one thing that everybody knows. Accepting losses and moving on to the next trade. That's what's making those clubs win the league at the end of the season

Forexnuts Sep 18, 2013 9:07pm | Post# 7

{quote} I didn't get that
That's okay, was just reading up on a business op-ed on obama, came across your question and applied it to both sides of the coin - broker, trader. Granted the context gets lost in the mix, but the "Yes, we can.." sure acts as a morale booster which could explain why most of the soccer coaches attend seminars on positive thinking..lol, it sure is a weird world.

Muhammad Ezz Sep 18, 2013 9:21pm | Post# 8

{quote} That's okay, was just reading up on a business op-ed on obama, came across your question and applied it to both sides of the coin - broker, trader. Granted the context gets lost in the mix, but the "Yes, we can.." sure acts as a morale booster which could explain why most of the soccer coaches attend seminars on positive thinking..lol, it sure is a weird world.
It's

jen101 Sep 19, 2013 5:23am | Post# 9

As with many other things in life, the people who succeed aren't necessarily the cleverest, but the most persistent. That's why sports people do so well when they apply that persistence to say, business for example.

When you get a setback, as you inevitably will, you learn from what you could have done differently, then dust yourself off and move on. Negative emotions are only damaging.

Muhammad Ezz Sep 19, 2013 6:28am | Post# 10

As with many other things in life, the people who succeed aren't necessarily the cleverest, but the most persistent. That's why sports people do so well when they apply that persistence to say, business for example. When you get a setback, as you inevitably will, you learn from what you could have done differently, then dust yourself off and move on. Negative emotions are only damaging.
Well said my friend

Kanzler Sep 19, 2013 5:45pm | Post# 11

Better for newbies to have a loser's mentality because you're going to lose your account at least once...last thing I like to see are strongheaded but foolish people who jump in with the sharks and think they can swim their way around them.

Muhammad Ezz Sep 19, 2013 11:02pm | Post# 12

Better for newbies to have a loser's mentality because you're going to lose your account at least once...last thing I like to see are strongheaded but foolish people who jump in with the sharks and think they can swim their way around them.
Believe it or not, some people are born to swim with the sharks .... and I'm not one of them that's for sure

Kanzler Sep 19, 2013 11:05pm | Post# 13

{quote} Believe it or not, some people are born to swim with the sharks .... and I'm not one of them that's for sure
I'm not either. I had my delusional phase where I thought I'd found some great exploitable niche....actually, I do know one inefficiency in these markets but without millions already in the bank it's a waste of time. And people with millions can invest better than the return it gives...

Muhammad Ezz Sep 19, 2013 11:09pm | Post# 14

{quote} I'm not either. I had my delusional phase where I thought I'd found some great exploitable niche....actually, I do know one inefficiency in these markets but without millions already in the bank it's a waste of time. And people with millions can invest better than the return it gives...
I didn't finish my words. Said I'm not, that's because I'm newbie. And I said I'm not gonna swim with the sharks, only because after finishing learning and studying this market I'll be the shark itself

Kanzler Sep 19, 2013 11:24pm | Post# 15

{quote} I didn't finish my words. Said I'm not, that's because I'm newbie. And I said I'm not gonna swim with the sharks, only because after finishing learning and studying this market I'll be the shark itself
You'll never be the shark. The few privileged here are only the pilot fish who swim in the wake.

Muhammad Ezz Sep 19, 2013 11:26pm | Post# 16

{quote} You'll never be the shark. The few privileged here are only the pilot fish who swim in the wake.

Man I'm telling you. I have super powers

WilliamDa Sep 20, 2013 4:41am | Post# 17

{quote} Man I'm telling you. I have super powers

Like what ??

Muhammad Ezz Sep 20, 2013 6:15am | Post# 18

{quote} Like what ??
I can beat the shit out of people

brendad Sep 20, 2013 7:18am | Post# 19

I have a winning mentality. But I always losing

Muhammad Ezz Sep 20, 2013 7:24am | Post# 20

I have a winning mentality. But I always losing
Your problem isn't that big I guess. You're just missing on studying more