Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=447929)

COGnizant Sep 25, 2013 4:29pm | Post# 41

Dear All, I know some of us would have been around for a while; which strategy is the best and most profitable on Forex Factory from your experience? Kindly share with us.
This is an easy answer in my opinion. The most profitable trading system is one that is incredibly simple, very consistent, and can be scaled up. If you have a simple system with few rules, sound money management of 1:3 risk:reward or better, and you can trade methodically, you are on the best foundation. Long term profitability is built through consistent and simplistic systems that can be scaled up for the solid returns. Trade simple boring set ups, don't go chasing the action, and follow your rules, this builds a consistent model that has scale up potential. Once you get to the scaling up phase you are on the foot steps of dynamic monthly returns.

iahmedz Sep 29, 2013 2:24am | Post# 42

What we do in demo is most safest strategy and scalping is most profitable strategy. What we do in demo? Open trade and forget it. After some days or weeks or even months it automatically go in profit. I am practicing these both strategies in my Diamond account. I never losteven a single trade. Up tp date I just lost one trade and that was my mistake I was editing TP but mistakenly SL was set automatically. 1 did 168 trade and 167 closed in profit. Abviously I employ hedging or other strategies to overcome my losses. But have realised earning 10 to 20 percent is safest trading

CindyXXXX Sep 29, 2013 2:46am | Post# 43

What we do in demo is most safest strategy and scalping is most profitable strategy. What we do in demo? Open trade and forget it. After some days or weeks or even months it automatically go in profit.
That's just martingale using TIME.. One day that boomerang won't come back

Inserted Video

Ttop Sep 29, 2013 3:04am | Post# 44

{quote} This is an easy answer in my opinion. The most profitable trading system is one that is incredibly simple, very consistent, and can be scaled up. If you have a simple system with few rules, sound money management of 1:3 risk:reward or better, and you can trade methodically, you are on the best foundation. Long term profitability is built through consistent and simplistic systems that can be scaled up for the solid returns. Trade simple boring set ups, don't go chasing the action, and follow your rules, this builds a consistent model that...

This a great post.

Just one question...how do you determine your risk/reward ratio before entering a trade without predicting the future price?

iahmedz Sep 29, 2013 3:14am | Post# 45

{quote} That's just martingale using TIME.. One day that boomerang won't come back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_prtbj4MtDU
Hmmmm No worries I am just testing this strategy. This is a cent account lol

FerruFx Sep 29, 2013 3:34am | Post# 46

{quote} Hmmmm No worries I am just testing this strategy. This is a cent account lol
Doesn't matter the account size. When the boomerang forget to come back, the account will be 0 ... and this will happen soon or later.

So you must think what is your purpose of testing this kind of strategy ...

COGnizant Sep 29, 2013 7:18am | Post# 47

{quote} This a great post. Just one question...how do you determine your risk/reward ratio before entering a trade without predicting the future price?
I make sure the system I trade has 1:3 r to r capability from the start - I would never trade a system where my initial stop placement and primary target are any less than 1:3 risk to reward. Scalping, position trading, or swing trading, I must have 1:3 capability "baked into the cake" from the trade system right from the start.

CindyXXXX Sep 29, 2013 7:43am | Post# 48

Dear All, I know some of us would have been around for a while; which strategy is the best and most profitable on Forex Factory from your experience? Kindly share with us.
When it's done correctly.. order Flow, without question.

Because:
It combines all facets of both fundamental and technical analysis in a non rigid way.

There's a reason all the order flow traders are too cool for this forum .
Doing it correctly.. that's another story/. Don't ask me =P

No-Luck Sep 29, 2013 10:52am | Post# 49

The more I study my own charts the more I come to the conclusion the most profitable strategy (besides insider-trading ) is: buying into strength and selling into weakness. Even when you can only grab some few pips, with the right leverage it's a cool thing.

COGnizant Sep 29, 2013 12:54pm | Post# 50

{quote} When it's done correctly.. order Flow, without question. Because: It combines all facets of both fundamental and technical analysis in a non rigid way. There's a reason all the order flow traders are too cool for this forum . Doing it correctly.. that's another story/. Don't ask me =P
How do retail forex traders see order flow? They see price movement ticks but no real volume.

Monokl Dec 30, 2016 5:38am | Post# 51

The more I study my own charts the more I come to the conclusion the most profitable strategy (besides insider-trading ) is: buying into strength and selling into weakness. Even when you can only grab some few pips, with the right leverage it's a cool thing.
VEry good advice.

GodfatherSam Dec 30, 2016 10:17am | Post# 52

The only strategy that works it to change your strategies from time to time in order to avoid losing.

LionForce Jul 18, 2018 2:41am | Post# 53

1 Attachment(s)
Try this EA on M15 time frame

Minimum balance: $50 to $100
LionForce EA.ex4

JulienM2 Aug 23, 2018 4:46am | Post# 54

10 Attachment(s)
System Sync
A highly profitable trading system by Julien Moog
This system will give you profitable signals on any markets. It works on all timeframes. You will need the free MetraTrader 4 software and copy all the following indicators and templates into the software. You will also need the free QChartist software. We will buy dips on uptrends and sell peaks on downtrends.

First download and install MetaTrader 4 from http://www.metaquotes.net and configure it with the broker of your choice.
List of MT4 indicators needed:
- 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor
- ADR lines Shinigami v1.1
- ADR lines Shinigami v1.12
- ATR_Channels
- fibo
- ftvcprdl
- Ichimoku
- Murrey_Math_MT4_VG
- past regression deviated
- realMACD
- Stepftvcprdl_v2
- Stochastic
- TMA+CG
- tscd
- Volatility.Pivot
- Weighted WCCI

List of MT4 templates needed:
- !PRD_WWCCI
- !system_sync
- 0Corona
- 0div
- 0tmacg
- jm adr murrey

Download these indicators and templates here: http://www.qchartist.net/trading_sys..._templates.zip
Then copy the .mq4 and .ex4 indicators in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators\
Copy the .tpl templates in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\templates\
Restart your MT4 software.

You will also need to use the Jupiter Saturn Cycle indicator available in QChartist software.
Download and install QChartist from http://www.qchartist.net/download.php

Rules of the System Sync:

Entry (sell signal on 4 hour timeframe with GBPCHF):

- With template !system_sync: price is close from the Average Daily Range (ADR 1.1) blue marine line
- With template !system_sync: price is above the Average Weekly Range (ADR 1.12) yellow line

Attachment 2957447

- With template !PRD_WWCCI: price is near past regression deviated (orange) higher band, fibo (white) higher band and atr channel (pink) higher band
- With template !PRD_WWCCI: Weighted WCCI blue thick line is close from the higher red line

Attachment 2957449

- With template 0div: stepftvcprdl cyan line is below the magenta line
- With template 0div: stepftvcprdl magenta or cyan line acts as a resistance for the orange line

Attachment 2957443

- With template jm adr murrey: price is >= the orange +1/8 Ove orange line of Murrey Math

Attachment 2957440

- With template 0Corona: the number "3" in a yellow circle is displayed on the bar (3_Level_ZZ_Semafor)
- With template 0Corona: TSCD red histogram > 0
- With template 0Corona: Stochastic 5,3,3 near 80
- With template 0Corona: RealMACD blue line is at least as high as the yellow histogram

Attachment 2957444

- One of the 2 sinusoids with the highest amplitude is pointing down (QChartist fftspectro indicator)

Attachment 2957437

- The sinusoid with the highest amplitude is pointing down (red) (MT4 spectrometer_separate indicator)

Attachment 2957442

- With the QChartist software: detrended price is near a line of the Mercury indicator (resistance) (planet scale indicator)

Attachment 2957435

In order to open the .csv MT4 charts from QChartist, you need to export .csv files from MT4 history center.

We put a Stop Loss of at least 100 pips.

Exit (Target Point) (with the sell signal):
With template 0tmacg:
- price reachs the Volatility.Pivot gray line
or
- stochastic 5,3,3 is near 20
or
- price reachs the Tma+CG middle dot line

Attachment 2957431
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCHFH4_exit.png
Size: 37 KB

rockypoint Aug 23, 2018 7:54pm | Post# 55

The psychology of trading, what kind of trader am I? Thats the most important part to becoming successful at trading.

Day trader(me)? Swing trader? Long term/investor?

Find which one suits you best is the key to profitability. I was a terrible long term trader a kind of ok swing trader and a really good day trader(always thought day traders were nutz) but I like fast paced action, with other typed of trading I get bored and then the stupid decisions start.

There are tons of viable systems(the less complicated the better), but its recognizing what type of trader you are that will make you profitable.

rockypoint Aug 23, 2018 8:00pm | Post# 56

I like simple systems because again it suits my personality, some systems I see posted have bunches of indicators on the charts. This works for some people, but the large majority will find KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID their best option for a system.

As a further note I use 5 different day trading systems none of which are my own invention, just systems I saw that I found appealing and modified to suit me.

genghistar Aug 23, 2018 10:41pm | Post# 57

Well I don't really know but what I know is that a robust trading system must have:-
1. It must be able to be described and explained in 5 simple steps.
2. Executed or traded in 3 simple instructions based on the trading system above.
3. Minimum RRR > 2.
Simply put... simplicity with precise entry coupled with minimal risks and optimal rewards. Then you have a winning trading system.

So far I have to find even one system here in FF or even something close to it. Obviously this is to be totally expected.

Hehe

JulienM2 Sep 7, 2018 5:59am | Post# 58

2 Attachment(s)
You can also use the TMA indicator to detect tops and bottoms with a timeframe of 240 set in the indicator settings
Example:
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1_TMA.png
Size: 34 KB
TMA.mq4
This is a good add to the System Sync

JulienM2 Oct 6, 2018 6:58am | Post# 59

System Sync A highly profitable trading system by Julien Moog This system will give you profitable signals on any markets. It works on all timeframes. You will need the free MetraTrader 4 software and copy all the following indicators and templates into the software. You will also need the free QChartist software. We will buy dips on uptrends and sell peaks on downtrends. First download and install MetaTrader 4 from http://www.metaquotes.net and configure it with the broker of your choice. List of MT4 indicators...
- You should use the Center Of Gravity on TF 4H, Daily and Weekly to see if the direction of the trend is OK.
Don't trade against the trend.

JulienM2 Aug 13, 2019 3:36am | Post# 60

The above version is outdated. Please use the system on this page : http://www.qchartist.net/trading_system/

© Forex Factory