Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Basket Trading EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/446654-basket-trading-ea)

seller9 Sep 19, 2013 4:35pm | Post# 201

{quote} This is a major bug to which I have already drawn seller9's attention. After restart the bot loses the open trades and will not manage them any more. I think everybody understands how dangerous it is. I hope this will be fixed in the next release.
There has been some additions to the next version to address this, just remember, if you have added BO lines or TP/SL lines or trend Break lines to the chart it is very hard to redraw this chart once you do a restart, there are just to many things going on.

If someone knows of an easy way to restore all this information, please let me know. It would be nice if I could just capture the screen and relaod it and everything would come back exactly as it was, but that doesn't work.

But there will be some changes in the next version that will address this to some extent, check out the new Word Document on the 1st page and see if you think this restart option will help.

seller9 Sep 19, 2013 4:39pm | Post# 202

{quote} where can one download the latest version?
The latest version is not out yet and if I don't stop making changes to it that day may never come when it is released.

I looked at your pofile and was wondering about the picture, is that Ham Radio?

TheDDReport Sep 19, 2013 4:58pm | Post# 203

1 Attachment(s)
ahh i see

does any one else only have these two options when trying to open 1h offline chart? am i doing something wrong?

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen shot 2013-09-19 at 3.57.06 PM.png
Size: 39 KB

seller9 Sep 19, 2013 8:12pm | Post# 204

2 Attachment(s)
ahh i see does any one else only have these two options when trying to open 1h offline chart? am i doing something wrong? {image}
If you are using the "Basket_05_indy then you must change the following setting to 60 to get a H1 chart, same thing for your 14 pair indy as you are using the default indy settings.
Then do a shutdown and reload of the MT4 program.

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  40 KB

Name:  image_2.jpg
Views: 3643
Size:  42 KB

nobby911 Sep 19, 2013 11:29pm | Post# 205

Hi been following this thread for a while and looks very interesting.

Following the instructions in the word document from post 1 it says to attach Basketv6 or Basket_05_indy indicator to the chart but I cannot find them on this thread.

Could some one please attach all the current files I need to start testing this EA.

Thanks

seller9 Sep 19, 2013 11:49pm | Post# 206

Hi been following this thread for a while and looks very interesting. Following the instructions in the word document from post 1 it says to attach Basketv6 or Basket_05_indy indicator to the chart but I cannot find them on this thread. Could some one please attach all the current files I need to start testing this EA. Thanks
Post #14

nobby911 Sep 20, 2013 12:42am | Post# 207

Thanks seller
where can I find bt_14_14p_v2nb.tpl
I am trying to install the no buttons one because I tried the one with buttons from your earlier thread but could never get it to work or the buttons to respond

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 9:06am | Post# 208

Thanks seller where can I find bt_14_14p_v2nb.tpl I am trying to install the no buttons one because I tried the one with buttons from your earlier thread but could never get it to work or the buttons to respond
The version 2nb will be out this weekend, so you may want to wait until as I will be putting together a new package that will include everything you need to get you up and running with the latest version.

Eureka Sep 20, 2013 9:27am | Post# 209

Thanks for this EA. I set it up last night. It will be fun to watch it next week.

Carol

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 12:45pm | Post# 210

The latest version "BT_v2nb" has been posted on the first page, everything you need to get started is in the zip file. Please read and follow the directions in the Word Document the first time for an easy start to getting the EA up and running.

There has been a bunch of changes in this version so there could be some bugs. This version also uses Hot Keys instead of buttons to make it more computer friendly.

A menu of the Hot Keys can be displayed on the screen so you don't have to remember what they are.

Good Luck and please give some feedback so others can learn and make some pips.

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 1:05pm | Post# 211

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a list of settings you may want to try for the EA, the first 2 in the list are the ones included with EA zip file on page 1 and the other 3 are the ones posted by another trader on this forum a few posts back, you may want to look back a few posts and take a peak.

If you come up with any settings that have worked for you post them and I can add them to the list.

Good luck to all.

Basket_Setups.zip

TheDDReport Sep 20, 2013 1:37pm | Post# 212

all set up with new EA. Ready to rock for next week!

Ty for all the work you are always putting into this sucker seller9!

One question though. When I try to edit the EA properties to modify lot size and BE exit and fixed stop loss no window comes up. Is this a user error or have others had this problem?

nisha4x Sep 20, 2013 2:34pm | Post# 213

thanks for all your hard work, will start to put this to test using my settings and report any bugs if any. excellent stuff so far as the type of trades it can take, if this works for me well on demo, i will go live as this is what exactly i needed for entries and exits.

The latest version "BT_v2nb" has been posted on the first page, everything you need to get started is in the zip file. Please read and follow the directions in the Word Document the first time for an easy start to getting the EA up and running. There has been a bunch of changes in this version so there could be some bugs. This version also uses Hot Keys instead of buttons to make it more computer friendly. A menu of the Hot Keys can be displayed on the screen so you don't have to remember what they are. Good Luck and please give some feedback...

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 2:59pm | Post# 214

all set up with new EA. Ready to rock for next week! Ty for all the work you are always putting into this sucker seller9! One question though. When I try to edit the EA properties to modify lot size and BE exit and fixed stop loss no window comes up. Is this a user error or have others had this problem?
The EA runs in a continuous loop and the only way to stop it to change the prperties is to break the cycle, you do this by pressing the "Ctrl+0" keys and then click "Yes" and then "F7" will get you the window to change those values.
Then click "OK" once they are changed and then press "Ctrl+9" and click the "Yes" button to start active trading again.

TheDDReport Sep 20, 2013 3:20pm | Post# 215

{quote} The EA runs in a continuous loop and the only way to stop it to change the prperties is to break the cycle, you do this by pressing the "Ctrl+0" keys and then click "Yes" and then "F7" will get you the window to change those values. Then click "OK" once they are changed and then press "Ctrl+9" and click the "Yes" button to start active trading again.

ahh I see ty!

TheDDReport Sep 20, 2013 3:49pm | Post# 216

Sorry to blow up thread just a few more q's. Is there any way when using the add SL hot key I can choose where to place the stop loss? or at least edit where it is placed? same as TP

disregard figured it out

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 3:55pm | Post# 217

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an indicator you can play around with this weekend when the markets are closed. It uses the same buy logic as the EA, so you can test different settings of HAS, IXO and Entry Types and see what the results would have been in the past. It does not show you the exits, those you can figure out for yourself, everyone is going to have different adeas as to when to exit.

Just be sure and put it on the same time frame offline chart you have the indicator set for to test.

Test_BT_14_v2nb.ex4

seller9 Sep 20, 2013 4:00pm | Post# 218

Sorry to blow up thread just a few more q's. Is there any way when using the add SL hot key I can choose where to place the stop loss? or at least edit where it is placed? same as TP
Any lines the EA draws on the chart can be moved with the mouse to where you want to place them, they are all trend lines so they can also be tilted to any angle you want. So say for example you put the BO lines on the chart, they do not have to be horizontal but you could also form a wedge with them if the PA is forming a wedge and you want to take a trade when the wedge is broken out of. Just double click the line to make it active and then grab it with your mouse and put it where ever you want it to be.

When removing lines from the chart that you have used the Hot Keys to put there it is always wise to use the same Hot Key you used to put them there and just click "NO". If you just double click the line and delete it the EA may think it is still there and lose its mind.

The EA will delete all lines when ever it closes a open trade if there are any on the chart.

It is always wise to disable live trading while doing this so you don't accidently trigger a trade if a line moves into the PA.

nobby911 Sep 20, 2013 7:22pm | Post# 219

Hi Seller9

Looking forward to testing the new version after the weekend, just a quck question I have set it all up but when running the CPU is at 70-90% when I close it the CPU drops back to 9% the longer the ea is running it seems to be zapping the computer of memory

hukam Sep 20, 2013 9:39pm | Post# 220

thanks it's great work, i am testing it from coming week

© Forex Factory