Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Making Bank: The Harmonic rhythm of the market (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=431393)

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 5:40am | Post# 3641

1 Attachment(s)
Bullish butterfly?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 96 KB

YoungET Mar 8, 2019 7:00am | Post# 3642

1 Attachment(s)
1HR Bat - Realised I need to practice correct entry criteria in the form of price behavior.

Currently reading up on and putting reversal behavior into practice, always seem to find myself drawn back to harmonics as I did in the beginning.

Don't have any issues at all finding the patterns, seem to have the issue of filtering out the ones that don't display the correct entry price behavior vs those that do.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 33 KB

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 9:15am | Post# 3643

1 Attachment(s)
This looking like a near perfect (0.786 AB, 1.27 XD, 1.618 BD) bearish Gartley to you guys?
Click to Enlarge

Size: 98 KB

YoungET Mar 8, 2019 10:17am | Post# 3644

1 Attachment(s)
This looking like a near perfect (0.786 AB, 1.27 XD, 1.618 BD) bearish Gartley to you guys? {image}
1. The XA of a Gartley is a 0.618 not a 0.786 or 0.886 like this UC example is.

2. The XD of Gartley finishes at a 0.786, not a 1.27 such as this example.

What you have drawn more resembles a bearish butterfly, but I personally wouldn't even class it as a valid setup due to XA being a 0.886, not a 0.786.

Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 583
Size:  50 KB

YoungET Mar 8, 2019 10:34am | Post# 3645

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hey Traders, all 3 targets attained: {image} Position closed after taking pic. I am now flat this position and will continue to monitor for other opportunities. Enjoy, have fun, trade your plan, make a great day, do your own due diligence and may we all make bank! Game changing Bank!! The kind of Bank that makes you just Think and Grow!
Hi CN, I have watched all your videos as a way of looking over your shoulder like you say, to try and develop a better understanding of your price behavior entry requirements. I noticed you tend to use the standard and inverted head and shoulders, but with a lot of valid patterns that come into the PRZ the price will a lot of the time shoot into the direction, and either run away to profit targets or come right back and blow the pattern out the water.

When you use the term watching price behavior in the PRZ is this just simple price action such as engulfing bars, wedge flag & pennant breaks etc?

I don't struggle with manually identifying the patterns, in-fact nine times out of ten I have the same patterns drawn that you end up showing you've entered. Only issue I seem to find myself coming back to time and time again is when I analyze the pattern I can't seem to find any common price behavior that you use that tells you "This is a valid setup, here is the price telling me the potential direction, here's your entry"

I've been on and off studying harmonics now for over 3 years and seem to have the same issue time and time again of when is a pattern valid and the price isn't just going to fake out before blowing the pattern through its own ass.

Here are two 1Hour Bat patterns shown on the 15 minute, are these setups you would have entered at all?

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 34 KB

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 3646

1 Attachment(s)
Caught a bullish bat on NZDJPY 1H chart... {image}
Target 1 reached.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 100 KB

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 12:42pm | Post# 3647

{quote} 1. The XA of a Gartley is a 0.618 not a 0.786 or 0.886 like this UC example is. 2. The XD of Gartley finishes at a 0.786, not a 1.27 such as this example. What you have drawn more resembles a bearish butterfly, but I personally wouldn't even class it as a valid setup due to XA being a 0.886, not a 0.786. {image}
My bad I misspoke, I meant a bearish butterfly.

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 12:49pm | Post# 3648

{quote} 1. The XA of a Gartley is a 0.618 not a 0.786 or 0.886 like this UC example is. 2. The XD of Gartley finishes at a 0.786, not a 1.27 such as this example. What you have drawn more resembles a bearish butterfly, but I personally wouldn't even class it as a valid setup due to XA being a 0.886, not a 0.786. {image}
Which would bring me to my next question, how much allowance is enough allowance for you to confirm a setup? In my case, one deviation would invalidate the whole setup?

bachillah Mar 8, 2019 3:56pm | Post# 3649

1 Attachment(s)
Possible bullish shark setup?
Click to Enlarge

Size: 94 KB

Nikita76 Mar 9, 2019 2:50am | Post# 3650

1 Attachment(s)
if the currency comes here, then you need to sell here
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCHFM15.png
Size: 43 KB

YoungET Mar 11, 2019 8:49am | Post# 3651

1 Attachment(s)
Every time..

Click to Enlarge

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 9:49am | Post# 3652

1 Attachment(s)
Possible bullish shark setup? {image}
Shark failed but eventually revealed a bigger bearish Gartley!
Attained all targets (38.2% and 61.8%)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 106 KB

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 9:52am | Post# 3653

1 Attachment(s)
Bearish bat I was watching
Just a few pips shy of validating but reversed and hit all targets nonetheless...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 115 KB

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 9:54am | Post# 3654

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Target 1 reached. {image}
NZDJPY passed 50% target now approaching 61.8%...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 106 KB

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 10:34am | Post# 3655

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} NZDJPY passed 50% target now approaching 61.8%... {image}
All targets attained.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 94 KB

YoungET Mar 11, 2019 3:49pm | Post# 3656

1 Attachment(s)
I've identified perfect patterns at key areas and tried various approaches to getting involved and every single time price has continued, don't think I've struggled this much with something in all my life.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 35 KB

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 3657

I've identified perfect patterns at key areas and tried various approaches to getting involved and every single time price has continued, don't think I've struggled this much with something in all my life. {image}
What pattern were you looking for here?

bachillah Mar 11, 2019 5:37pm | Post# 3658

1 Attachment(s)
I've identified perfect patterns at key areas and tried various approaches to getting involved and every single time price has continued, don't think I've struggled this much with something in all my life. {image}
In my opinion, I normally look at extreme points and try to look for a pattern...ie the bearish butterfly here
Click to Enlarge

Size: 95 KB

CNTrader Mar 12, 2019 12:53pm | Post# 3659

Young, I'm not gonna get into the details about how I make my decision to enter or not on this forum. I have explained and shared all I want to on that matter. With that said I have reviewed the past few postings and charts you have complained about and each of them paid out and gave the potential to make bank. You need to remember also that each of the posts you have made in the past week have been charting a 15 minute chart lower time frame and trading against bigger picture chart except for GCAD, which a simple look at the 1 hr chart would have yielded you and tremendous opportunity for a windfall of pips. Not sure what you are expecting in regards to pip count trading an intra-day 15m chart but you may want to consider looking left for structure when it comes to booking bank. Looks to me like you need to have patience and discipline and re evaluate your trade plan to take advantage of the opportunities to bank according to that TF outlook relative to the bigger picture. Bear in mind what I have stated about stops on the videos as well as what I have stated on numerous occasions about trading the harmonic rhythm of the market when it comes to the FX markets. Keep working at it and you will get there.

Unfortunately I took the time last night to put a 25 minute video on the last 3 patterns you posted but to my disappointment the sound was muted. What an utter waste of time that was. I will not be re doing it. Take the time to find the Gems in what I have just enlightened you on as I will not continue a back and forth about it. Good Luck with your journey and as always........

Enjoy, have fun, trade your plan, make a great day, do your own due diligence and may we all make bank! Game changing Bank!! The kind of Bank that makes you just Think and Grow!

heispark Mar 12, 2019 1:04pm | Post# 3660

{quote} Young, I'm not gonna get into the details about how I make my decision to enter or not on this forum. I have explained and shared all I want to on that matter. With that said I have reviewed the past few postings and charts you have complained about and each of them paid out and gave the potential to make bank. You need to remember also that each of the posts you have made in the past week have been charting a 15 minute chart lower time frame and trading against bigger picture chart except for GCAD, which a simple look at the 1 hr chart...
Why don't you upload that muted video? Even without any sound, now I can understand what you want to say......
By the way, I have an off topic question. Have you ever used order flow tools such as Footprint? If yes, what do you think of it? Useful? Crap?
Thanks,

© Forex Factory