Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   "Technical Analysis Fallacy" thread people, I need your help (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/428250-technical-analysis-fallacy-thread-people-i-need-your)

aiyahmarklah May 21, 2013 4:35am | Post# 21

TAF is not so much about techniques and methods, but rather a framework. Maybe that why so many people are disappointed coz they are looking for the wrong things anyway.

Cobra May 21, 2013 4:43am | Post# 22

I think it is you that can't accept that trading currencies is hard work. You are looking for a method that can be summed up in one short paragraph? You're a fool. As for your trade explorer - it's been running for what, 34 days? I'm not a follower of fti's. It's not a religion, it's a discussion about trading. You sound very angry about something. Is it the fact that you don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is so you have to trade a demo account? Or is it that you simply don't have any money with which to trade? Either way, I'd...

Just another typical response from a wannabe follower......

I am not angry about anything. I am a no nonsense , no bulshit and very straight forward person. If you feel that the trade explorer is too "young" to proof anything , then just hang in there..... Wait and you will see what is happening with it in the months to come. I will also load a new "live" one soon buddy.

Mr Ukmanthalian that thread only consists of garbage , sensless talk, more garbage and utube videos. You are right it cannot be summed up in a paragraph. Where would you fit in all the utube videos?

Oh, and don't forget to keep an eye on my trade explorer. )))))

Acs_112 May 21, 2013 5:47am | Post# 23

{quote} Just another typical response from a wannabe follower...... I am not angry about anything. I am a no nonsense , no bulshit and very straight forward person. If you feel that the trade explorer is too "young" to proof anything , then just hang in there..... Wait and you will see what is happening with it in the months to come. I will also load a new "live" one soon buddy. Mr Ukmanthalian that thread only consists of garbage , sensless talk, more garbage and utube videos. You are right it cannot be summed up in a paragraph. Where would...
You need to look within, Your current attitude will fail you in life. Full of anger and hate.

Also Demo is a pretty pointless journey, you have a long way to go in trading.

Cobra May 21, 2013 6:02am | Post# 24

{quote} You need to look within, Your current attitude will fail you in life. Full of anger and hate. Also Demo is a pretty pointless journey, you have a long way to go in trading.

Acs

Well thank you so much for the lesson.

Your pshycological abilities to sum me up as a person is really above average. Well done . Now that you know me so well , what would you recommend i do? Should i attend anger management classes? How do i get rid of the hatred ? I did not know about all this...... It is such an eye opener you know. Awaiting your professional advice.

C

ukmanthailan May 21, 2013 6:06am | Post# 25

----------

I can't be bothered with all this. Think what you like Cobra, it's your life. I've no interest in seeing you fail, I just think you should have a little more respect for other people's opinions and methods.

Cobra May 21, 2013 10:05am | Post# 26

---------- I can't be bothered with all this. Think what you like Cobra, it's your life. I've no interest in seeing you fail, I just think you should have a little more respect for other people's opinions and methods.

There is a difference between respecting and speaking out against something which you know is wrong and possibly harmfull to some.

GEfx May 21, 2013 10:58am | Post# 27

{quote} There is a difference between respecting and speaking out against something which you know is wrong and possibly harmfull to some.
Let's be clear about your record. You were banned from the TAF thread not because you know anything, but because your behavior was disruptive to the purpose of the thread and disrespectful to fti and everyone who participates there. Now, you participate here because you "know" the material presented in the TAF thread is "wrong and possibly harmful" to other traders. This from someone who is trading a demo account after trading since 2006? So, you don't know enough to trade a live account, right? And how many pips have you made in that demo account since the beginning of the year? Just want to make sure everyone is clear about the guy who is so vocal against fti, who has one of the most attended threads in FF.

Cobra May 21, 2013 11:30am | Post# 28

{quote} Let's be clear about your record. You were banned from the TAF thread not because you know anything, but because your behavior was disruptive to the purpose of the thread and disrespectful to fti and everyone who participates there. Now, you participate here because you "know" the material presented in the TAF thread is "wrong and possibly harmful" to other traders. This from someone who is trading a demo account after trading since 2006? So, you don't know enough to trade a live account, right? And how many pips have you made in that...
Unlike you i have a demo to show. What can you show besides polishing Fti's marbles.)))))

It does not matter how you guys are trying to proof me wrong. Fact is you cannot proof the success of Fti's method. Period.

GEfx May 21, 2013 11:33am | Post# 29

{quote} Unlike you i have a demo to show. What can you show besides polishing Fti's marbles.))))) It does not matter how you guys are trying to proof me wrong. Fact is you cannot proof the success of Fti's method. Period.
Lol -- you just made my point for me, so thanks! By the way, the word your struggling with is prove, not proof.

ukmanthailan May 21, 2013 11:44am | Post# 30

I can tell you one thing for sure. If you are making nearly 6% on one trade, with a 40-pip move, you are way overleveraged and you will blow your account.

I won't bullshit and say I make a profit all the time. As anybody can see from my posts in TAF, I recently opened a much larger account that I am used to and I managed to lose 3% in one day (not my first day, my second). I've had several profitable days since then but it was a lesson to me that the way I behaved when trading demos and small accounts isn't going to cut it when the amount at stake is enough to cause me mental pain.

A lot of the material on the TAF thread is related to the psychological aspect of trading simply because it is one of the most important factors there is. It isn't something you can sum up in a paragraph and if you outline the money management side of the MO for somebody that is psycohologically unprepared, you will do them more harm than good. I believe that Fti chose a roundabout way of teaching for a very good reason - to protect the lazy from themselves.

I see you lost nearly 4.8% of your demo account with your first two trades and then over 6% with two trades shortly after (with quite a large profit in between). If you did that with your own money and then continued to overleverage your account as you are doing now, you would be mad.

frz May 21, 2013 11:51am | Post# 31

dear mr. cobra.

you can call me stupid, goat shit, or whatever you like.
if it would make our relationship getting better.

ok now back to bussiness,
uhm.. what if we look to our trader explorers again?
are you win? no?

since there is no rules, so your task is just to outperform me.
it was your words, don't you? unless you give up. ;p

ups..oh no. i'm so hilarious.
you made my day, sir! i can't stop laugh!
sorry, i couldn't resist.

-------------------------------------------------

i'm sorry, i'm just a kidding.
since your speech become calm, i tell you something truth, buddy.
before i read the TAF, i know nothing about forex market and trading.
TAF is a basic foundation for me, to develop myself.
my eyes were open, and anything becomes clear.
it's my choice. no one is forcing me to read that thread.

if you don't wish to read that thread, go ahead.
let people pick their choice.

however, you have made my learning phase in demo account is get a bit fun.
learning trading is hard and get boring sometimes.
i always need people like you to encourage me.
thank you!

peace

tubguy May 21, 2013 11:52am | Post# 32

{quote} Unlike you i have a demo to show. What can you show besides polishing Fti's marbles.))))) It does not matter how you guys are trying to proof me wrong. Fact is you cannot proof the success of Fti's method. Period.
Seems to me, you are just mad because you can't figure out what Fti shows. Not sure I would call it a "method" either. it is not, "when X,Y,&Z do this, take a trade.

All you acomplish by bashing others is proving your anger or ignorance.

Oh....and nobody owes you anything. No trade explorer, no explanations or anything else.

ukmanthailan May 21, 2013 12:04pm | Post# 33

Cobra - 12.5%
Frz - 21.3%

My prediction? You will both lose over 50% of your accounts within the next 4 weeks.

pemully May 21, 2013 12:15pm | Post# 34

Cobra - 12.5% Frz - 21.3% My prediction? You will both lose over 50% of your accounts within the next 4 weeks.
LOL!

eraptheman May 21, 2013 12:21pm | Post# 35

FTI's thread is idiot and lazy proof, let's be happy that it's working. So stop wasting your time and move on.

“Never argue with an idiot; he will bring you down to his level and win from experience.”

Cobra May 21, 2013 2:24pm | Post# 36

Cobra - 12.5% Frz - 21.3% My prediction? You will both lose over 50% of your accounts within the next 4 weeks.

Frz lost two demo accounts since i started mine. He actually admitted it in a few posts earlier.....

Make sure you have the facts son before you post something stupid like this.
I accept your challenge here as i have accepted Frz's challenge some time ago.

Lets be fair now...seeing that you have posted inaccurate info here. lets all be back in four weeks time and have a look at your predictions. Be a man , i will meet you here in four weeks time to see what happened.

Cobra May 21, 2013 2:30pm | Post# 37

{quote} Seems to me, you are just mad because you can't figure out what Fti shows. Not sure I would call it a "method" either. it is not, "when X,Y,&Z do this, take a trade. All you acomplish by bashing others is proving your anger or ignorance. Oh....and nobody owes you anything. No trade explorer, no explanations or anything else.
The big marble polisher have arrived.....mr USA.

Why don't you just insult me like the previous time!? Remember?

You are right buddy you don't owe me any proof.....you owe it to yourself!

ukmanthailan May 21, 2013 2:38pm | Post# 38

{quote} Frz lost two demo accounts since i started mine. He actually admitted it in a few posts earlier..... Make sure you have the facts son before you post something stupid like this. I accept your challenge here as i have accepted Frz's challenge some time ago. Lets be fair now...seeing that you have posted inaccurate info here. lets all be back in four weeks time and have a look at your predictions. Be a man , i will meet you here in four weeks time to see what happened.
Don't call me son, you sound like you're just out of nappies. I sincerely hope you're still in your teens or twenties anyway, or you haven't managed to learn much over the years. But sure, I'll be back in four weeks to see how much you have lost.

frz May 21, 2013 2:51pm | Post# 39

{quote} Frz lost two demo accounts since i started mine. He actually admitted it in a few posts earlier..... Make sure you have the facts son before you post something stupid like this. I accept your challenge here as i have accepted Frz's challenge some time ago. Lets be fair now...seeing that you have posted inaccurate info here. lets all be back in four weeks time and have a look at your predictions. Be a man , i will meet you here in four weeks time to see what happened.
hi mr Cobra.

1. i don't like conflict or emotional fluctuation.
so i finished here, i considered you win your challenge over me.

2. in fact, i still trying to learn managing my risk.
i had something to do with my journal.

3. TAF will still be my handbook reference of my trading.
and Fti is the greatest influence of my trading career.

i’m not compete to anyone, except myself.
so, i don’t care what the others can accomplish.
i only care what i could achieve.
therefore, i shouldn’t prove anything to anyone because i don’t have to.

good luck,

Cobra May 21, 2013 2:59pm | Post# 40

{quote} hi mr Cobra. 1. i don't like conflict or emotional fluctuation. so i finished here, i considered you win your challenge over me. 2. in fact, i still trying to learn managing my risk. i had something to do with my journal. 3. TAF will still be my handbook reference of my trading. and Fti is the greatest influence of my trading career. i’m not compete to anyone, except myself. so, i don’t care what the others can accomplish. i only care what i could achieve. therefore, i shouldn’t prove anything to anyone because i don’t...
Absolutely no hard feelings buddy!

I wish you lots of luck and happiness in your trading career. May you reach all your trading goals.

Cobra

© Forex Factory