Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Scalper (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=427194)

FXEmpire Sep 26, 2013 1:12pm | Post# 561

I share my scalping week, so far..
I been active hyper scalping last couple of weeks like i used too, where taking bites out of 1m. I have done well for the week, not as good as i should have and could have, the would've should've could've syndrome he he he, but still done ok. However today was just plain terrible with yo yo-ing between win/loss where two of my losses was not even valid signals.. funny to say I hesitate on few valid signals and end up not taking action, results pure winners on no actions.. lol, strange never happened before, yaaa right, lol. I mean just crazy out of ordinary and routine stuff. You know what you got to do but just out of nowhere you just don't or just do the opposite, or do just some other crazy sh****t oops lol.. this trading business always manages to humble you, and that is why probably we love it and find it challenging to make the improbable, probable.. paint it before it happens to see if actually happens.. gotta love it and want it bad to put up with it.

But it's all good, a dinner out with a model for a few beers and a good night sleep will make cure.. I suggest you do the same if you ever have bad or so so trading days.. trust me it works, lol.

.. anyways this was a little about my day in a fun way to give the thread a little life as you might want to open up and share at times.. hope you found it interesting.

be back tomorrow sharp.

FXEmpire Sep 27, 2013 5:01am | Post# 562

1 Attachment(s)
morning.. up and working the 1m.. into couple of trades already.. net down $113..
Franky session started out with small burst out of the Asian session high (brown line) but weakened back to same level and bounce.. I took action on that bounce that's the first arrow and my buy trade.. did not go to my profit target so i banked some as it looked dry.. then the damn thing dropped and bounce again out of the same level but did not manage to reach the previous high it made earlier.. so 2nd arrow is where i felt the possible weakness and took shot at short.. stubbornly held it and got smacked, the little eu news had something to do with it perhaps.. np.. moving on.. it continued bullish, made some hesitation at the Franky High (blue line) where I was eying to short again but did not make a strong initiation for short bounce and my pending was not triggered.. and now it's bullish out of the Franky High making new highs...
still in my opinion a weak bull move, market maybe awaiting Dragies speech, who knows.. anyhow i am not fully long bias yet to take shot at PB point and still looking for solid short reverse at this point.. will see
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusdm1.png
Size: 74 KB

FXEmpire Sep 27, 2013 5:21am | Post# 563

1 Attachment(s)
took short just minutes ago, it showed a nice little DB with full bold candle, so worth a shot.. but not moving the way i like to move.. i look for burst and its not doing that atm.. so cutting loss short, control.. till it bust up for me as days progressing
Click to Enlarge

Size: 75 KB

FXEmpire Sep 27, 2013 5:39am | Post# 564

When I scalp the 1m.. I look for 5 pips out... five in, five out max. I use higher leverage but as you see it under full control and manage to hit 80%.
I trade the 1m based on what condition is giving.. recoing whether is ranging to take bounces or stepping to hl's to take action on PB with the swing/trend or spotting exhaustion to go for reverse.. anyway it turn i will have a play for it to get in at the right moment to get the initial burst, bank and done with it till next setup.

atm the way 1m PA is moving is a bit rough.. it's not strongly moving bullish but it is moving up rough, which this type condition is like no condition, lol or like in between conditions.. which could cause you to get in on couple of fakes before it bursts out of and take routine recognizable condition.

patience patience now..

Freshpips Sep 27, 2013 6:26am | Post# 565

When I scalp the 1m.. I look for 5 pips out... five in, five out max. I use higher leverage but as you see it under full control and manage to hit 80%. I trade the 1m based on what condition is giving.. recoing whether is ranging to take bounces or stepping to hl's to take action on PB with the swing/trend or spotting exhaustion to go for reverse.. anyway it turn i will have a play for it to get in at the right moment to get the initial burst, bank and done with it till next setup. atm the way 1m PA is moving is a bit rough.. it's not strongly moving...

Hello FXE,

I see and understand what you do and how you do it. Im working on something similar, however it can be very risky I have found in certain market conditions. But then again, your far more experienced i the markets than I am, so you'll be getting a better win/loss ratio.
Ill try and get some charts on here later on and mark up some of my trades.

Good luck.

also, fantastic GU entry short this morning for over 40 pips, which I only took 13 from unfortunately. Still waiting for EJ to break current range. Have taken a few quick scalps long from 133.00 for between 10-15 pips each time but havent trusted holding them.
Either way, This mornings been great so far overall.

FXEmpire Sep 27, 2013 6:46am | Post# 566

{quote} Hello FXE, I see and understand what you do and how you do it. Im working on something similar, however it can be very risky I have found in certain market conditions. But then again, your far more experienced i the markets than I am, so you'll be getting a better win/loss ratio. Ill try and get some charts on here later on and mark up some of my trades. Good luck. also, fantastic GU entry short this morning for over 40 pips, which I only took 13 from unfortunately. Still waiting for EJ to break current range. Have taken a few quick scalps...
ok bud looking forward to your charts.

.. getting smacked for the time being though.. lol.. day is not done yet and long way to go still.

FXEmpire Sep 27, 2013 7:07am | Post# 567

1 Attachment(s)
quick update... well, ya getting hammered for time being.. lol

PA dropped from earlier sluggish bull move and dropped rather strongly where at the hesitation on Asian session high I did not think it would be as strong and took action long and got smacked for full sl... there was a nice buy entry at the Asian session low where i passed, the damn thing was looking too strong to take shot at, but it was a valid trade anyhow, it just there to show you how some levels are respected. I treated the bounce as a pullback where i took action short on the weak 2nd attempt to go higher failure, trade had some momentum for solid drop to at least to LL of Asian low, but it lost momo after small move so i lowered the risk by dropping the sl to half where it got hit as i gave it a chance for the final burst.
.. now PA is stuck in the middle of high and low's of eu session without much momentum, its dried up.. got to see what it will bring next to fit a trade for it.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 84 KB

Freshpips Sep 30, 2013 5:18am | Post# 568

1 Attachment(s)
Took 15 pips from GU this morning from bounce from shaded pink zone...

Unfortunately I didnt see what I needed to trade GU on the way back down.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP1.png
Size: 101 KB

Freshpips Sep 30, 2013 5:43am | Post# 569

Would have liked to have seen GU retesting the highs, failing and providing a valid short entry.

It Would have provided fantastic R:R.

FXEmpire Sep 30, 2013 5:45am | Post# 570

Took 15 pips from GU this morning from bounce from shaded pink zone... Unfortunately I didnt see what I needed to trade GU on the way back down. {image}

good start of the week bud keep it up.
I been in several scalp trades already this am and it's not bad so far.. looking for a big week, will see..

Freshpips Sep 30, 2013 6:18am | Post# 571

{quote} good start of the week bud keep it up. I been in several scalp trades already this am and it's not bad so far.. looking for a big week, will see..
Good morning FXE.

I trust you had a pleasant weekend.

Market seems to have gone to sleep a bit now.

Fortunately I took that GU trade, along with a EJ long last night once I saw the market open with 100 pip gap, I took a long @ 87 and price hit my TP @ 132.27 for +40... So a very good Monday morning start for me.

I share your ambition in looking for a big week this week... Some big news releases to get the market moving, but could be dangerous aswell...

Green pips to you bud.

The Sparrow Sep 30, 2013 9:37am | Post# 572

Hi everybody, FXE, wow a lot has happened here at my favorite forum in the past month that I've been vacationing.
1m scalping I'll have to try as I have not been all that successful with 1m in the past. RR 1:1 with 5pips. I'll give it a try, why not?
how's it going Fresh? try the 1m yet? Well glad you got the 40 and I'm glad to be back and trading.

FXEmpire Sep 30, 2013 10:43am | Post# 573

Hi everybody, FXE, wow a lot has happened here at my favorite forum in the past month that I've been vacationing. 1m scalping I'll have to try as I have not been all that successful with 1m in the past. RR 1:1 with 5pips. I'll give it a try, why not? how's it going Fresh? try the 1m yet? Well glad you got the 40 and I'm glad to be back and trading.
hi sparrow good to see you back again buddy.. now go get'em.. lol

Freshpips Oct 1, 2013 3:31am | Post# 574

Hi everybody, FXE, wow a lot has happened here at my favorite forum in the past month that I've been vacationing. 1m scalping I'll have to try as I have not been all that successful with 1m in the past. RR 1:1 with 5pips. I'll give it a try, why not? how's it going Fresh? try the 1m yet? Well glad you got the 40 and I'm glad to be back and trading.
Hello Sparrow,

I hope you are well.

Glad you are back from your vacation, and ready to rejoin this thread.

Havent tried the 1m scalping. I have been working on the 5m with some decent results over the last couple of months.

I am not around much this morning but will be back here all day from about 3 hours time. I hope you can get involved today

Speak soon,

FP

Freshpips Oct 1, 2013 4:59am | Post# 575

Fairly quiet morning so far...

Freshpips Oct 1, 2013 5:49am | Post# 576

Trying a EJ long @ 53.

Could be suicide if the Yen maintains its early session strength.

However, theres other technmicals that point to a possible bounce here, even is its just a small bounce.

Freshpips Oct 1, 2013 6:49am | Post# 577

Trying a EJ long @ 53. Could be suicide if the Yen maintains its early session strength. However, theres other technmicals that point to a possible bounce here, even is its just a small bounce.
closed at 41 for -12

maechilin Oct 1, 2013 7:28am | Post# 578

took short just minutes ago, it showed a nice little DB with full bold candle, so worth a shot.. but not moving the way i like to move.. i look for burst and its not doing that atm.. so cutting loss short, control.. till it bust up for me as days progressing {image}
hi FXEMpire pls do you have currency strength meter that will work in broker with suffix.

FXEmpire Oct 1, 2013 7:41am | Post# 579

{quote} hi FXEMpire pls do you have currency strength meter that will work in broker with suffix.
No I do not, sorry.

FXEmpire Oct 1, 2013 7:48am | Post# 580

Your guys wanna know why am I down 24% scalping today so far instead of being up 12% for the day??.. lol

© Forex Factory