Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Scalper (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=427194)

Freshpips May 30, 2013 7:19am | Post# 281

1 Attachment(s)
Name:  aud.png
Views: 1041
Size:  53 KB

Trying a long on AU to test the water

Long @ 0.9632

Freshpips May 30, 2013 7:39am | Post# 282

{image} Trying a long on AU to test the water Long @ 0.9632

USD too strong at the moment, all majors dropping like a stone...

alx10000 May 30, 2013 7:43am | Post# 283

Awaiting GbpUsd

Freshpips May 30, 2013 7:55am | Post# 284

Long gu @ 24.

Freshpips May 30, 2013 8:14am | Post# 285

Long gu @ 24.
Slick exited for -4

Waiting for the news to pass now ... 15 mins

Freshpips May 30, 2013 8:49am | Post# 286

{quote} Slick exited for -4 Waiting for the news to pass now ... 15 mins

Trade has gone up over 40 pips since closing position...

You never know what effect the news will have... just one of those things...

renanc93 May 30, 2013 9:50am | Post# 287

Nice trades fresh, I got +1% in my account yesterday scalping.

Freshpips May 30, 2013 10:45am | Post# 288

1 Attachment(s)
My GU long from earlier... So frustrating when this happens.
Thats twice in 2 days I have been on trades and exited them only to watch them move over 80 pips...

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP.png
Size: 83 KB

Freshpips May 31, 2013 3:05am | Post# 289

Real shame the posters of this thread seem to have dissappeared...

FXEmpire May 31, 2013 3:30am | Post# 290

Real shame the posters of this thread seem to have dissappeared...
don't worry freshpips your doing a nice job and getting the hang of this keep it up bud.
This style of scalping is tough and rough and not for everyone.

Freshpips May 31, 2013 4:10am | Post# 291

{quote} don't worry freshpips your doing a nice job and getting the hang of this keep it up bud. This style of scalping is tough and rough and not for everyone.
Thanks FXE.

Entering some fantastic positions, but this week I have been my own biggest enemy by exiting too early... I seem to still have difficulty calling it right.. I dont expect to be able to extract every pip from every move, that would be very unrealistic, but exiting a positon for +10/15 for instance, only to see trade continue through to +50 or higher, massivley frustrating...

On the other hand, winning trades are winning trades.

Freshpips May 31, 2013 6:21am | Post# 292

FXE,

I notice you have traded a few breakout trades recently, is there a reason you have switched methods?

FXEmpire Jun 3, 2013 3:22am | Post# 293

FXE, I notice you have traded a few breakout trades recently, is there a reason you have switched methods?
I have not switched method i was just trying to get maybe a couple of lucky break to bring the account back to around 500 so i can work it as normal. I would never trade breakouts as a method to rely on consistent profitability.
sorry for the late reply, i took a long weekend off as I do time to time.

FXEmpire Jun 3, 2013 3:59am | Post# 294

ok everyone..
as you all followers of this thread know i purposely tried to trade a very small account at higher risk than normal (400$ at 7-10% risk per trade) to prove a point, that a good skillful trader could still perform and survive under pressure of harsh MM and if not, then at least has measured its own strength and production as a confidence builder in what he does and could do under normal conditions.
sure account has failed and it's down to useless.. account wise this task has failed with full transparency, no deny in that and no need to bcz its besides the real point of this task. however the study of the trade explorer may prove something else and has served its real purpose, I hope. anyhow this was my real intention.
Now.. moving forward..
I would setup a normal condition.. which requires a larger account and reasonable MM.
I would put up the new explorer account by no later than start of following week.. again with full transparency, and in this one it should reflect all my scalping trades off my major account which on the one before at times it did not due to lack of capital.

anyways.. i look forward to see your activities in here and i do my best to be around as much as i can to help.

Freshpips Jun 3, 2013 6:20am | Post# 295

ok everyone.. as you all followers of this thread know i purposely tried to trade a very small account at higher risk than normal (400$ at 7-10% risk per trade) to prove a point, that a good skillful trader could still perform and survive under pressure of harsh MM and if not, then at least has measured its own strength and production as a confidence builder in what he does and could do under normal conditions. sure account has failed and it's down to useless.. account wise this task has failed with full transparency, no deny in that and no need...
Aslong as this thread is continuing then I shall continue to post... I look forward to seeing your next wave of results.

Nothing for me so far this morning, I always air on the side of caution on Monday mornings. There hasnt been too much movement so far. There have been a couple of trade setups this morning that have ended up profitable, but have opted to stay out of the market so far..

Still awaiting first strong setup...

Freshpips Jun 3, 2013 7:22am | Post# 296

Very slow morning. Still no trade for me with regards to this system...

Looks like we'll have to wait for the US session for some opportunites... Maybe it will take the news this afternoon to get this moving...

Freshpips Jun 3, 2013 9:39am | Post# 297

EU GJ and EJ all setting up nicely.

Be aware of news in 20 mins though.

The Sparrow Jun 3, 2013 10:31am | Post# 298

EU Wow 70pips, doesn't get much better then that. Hope everybody was in.

Freshpips Jun 3, 2013 10:34am | Post# 299

EU Wow 70pips, doesn't get much better then that. Hope everybody was in.

Well played.

I missed entry due to wanting to wait and see what reaction the news had.

I got in 5 mins later and took +30 from EJ instead from 70.

Freshpips Jun 5, 2013 4:58am | Post# 300

Good morning.

Keeping an eye on GJ and looking for a decent setup to catch price on the way back down. Price has moved over 100 pips in 2 hours...

© Forex Factory