Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Currency contract options feed from CME? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=415718)

LeanLowFx Mar 15, 2013 9:40am | Post# 1

Currency contract options feed from CME?

Where could i get free or demo (broker or service) of currency contract options live tape ? Maybe someone can recommend broker that offer this ? I know TOS offer this but with 10 mins delay and you need to fund your account with 3,5k$ ... So any info about that would be appreciated .

hayseed Mar 15, 2013 12:03pm | Post# 2

you might try etrade..... don't expect alot of volume or activity..... very few trade fx options......h

LeanLowFx Mar 15, 2013 2:08pm | Post# 3

you might try etrade..... don't expect alot of volume or activity..... very few trade fx options......h
What i want is option contracts live trade data feed that are traded on cme ...

numbnuts Mar 15, 2013 5:00pm | Post# 4

Not many people trade options but when they do, it's often with massive volume. Since they must be settled at a particular time you can sometimes see big orders hitting the charts - if you do follow options but don't have the equity to trade them try trading their effect on the market.

hayseed Mar 15, 2013 6:25pm | Post# 5

What i want is option contracts live trade data feed that are traded on cme ...
//----

that would be etrade.....

i trade fx options on most all currencys.... you can check some of my posts and links in this thread.... etrade platforms offer free streaming quotes.... but you might wait for weeks or months before you see any buys or sells ..... very often i will be the only volume..... check the aud, gbp, cad, nzd and such..... look at how many strike prices and months you have to go through to find a single open contract......

i also use metastock, not metatrader, but you must pay for that platform and it requires a paid data plan..... etrade is free.....

be sure to check the open interest...... it's almost non-existant....... that means your at the market makers mercy.......h

LeanLowFx Mar 16, 2013 1:33pm | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
//----

that would be etrade.....

i trade fx options on most all currencys.... you can check some of my posts and links in this thread.... etrade platforms offer free streaming quotes.... but you might wait for weeks or months before you see any buys or sells ..... very often i will be the only volume..... check the aud, gbp, cad, nzd and such..... look at how many strike prices and months you have to go through to find a single open contract.........
What i meant is that the feed is straight from chicago mercantile exchange not from some market maker . It's something like this . It can not be manipulated by brokers . Also i just talked to etrade representative and they said that they do not offer demo accounts , to bad ...

P.S I want the feed not for option contract trading purposes but just for the feel what big guys are doing , and set spot trades according to that.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 6E TOS.jpg
Size: 105 KB

hayseed Mar 16, 2013 2:47pm | Post# 7

i'll download that platform today to see what it's about.....h

LeanLowFx Mar 16, 2013 3:57pm | Post# 8

i'll download that platform today to see what it's about.....h
Ok , let me know if it's any help with spot trading .

LeanLowFx Mar 21, 2013 7:50am | Post# 9

hmm , ye .. so anyone ...? I'm not talking about 'mass' who don't understand how much of value this thing can be in trading , but there gotta be intelligent folks who are real traders and know this stuff . Thanks in adv .

Seneca pilot Mar 21, 2013 9:27am | Post# 10

You won't get this for free. All CME data is available for a fee.

hayseed Mar 21, 2013 9:28am | Post# 11

hey leanlow...... haven't forgot about you.... downloaded the platform and looked at it briefly.... this cyprus week has been quite busy so have not had proper time.....

and actally i do it inverse...... i use metatrader, or spot forex, to help me trade fx options.... as mentioned before, very few trade fx options.... so you might not have many takers here......

are you thinking about using the option traders as a contrarian indicator..... h

LeanLowFx Mar 22, 2013 9:14am | Post# 12

hey leanlow...... haven't forgot about you.... downloaded the platform and looked at it briefly.... this cyprus week has been quite busy so have not had proper time.....

and actally i do it inverse...... i use metatrader, or spot forex, to help me trade fx options.... as mentioned before, very few trade fx options.... so you might not have many takers here......

are you thinking about using the option traders as a contrarian indicator..... h
Just a helping tool to see when volume is up in particular direction .

juhanimi Mar 22, 2013 9:25am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
This is free from CME, 10 min delay.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot at 2013-03-22 15:22:21.png
Size: 109 KB

LeanLowFx Mar 22, 2013 6:27pm | Post# 14

This is free from CME, 10 min delay.
This and the tape that i posted are different , i need history of the volume , bid , ask , change in order to have any use of it .

The Fool Apr 7, 2013 4:15pm | Post# 15

http://www.cboe.com/

© Forex Factory