Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   My EA is making 500 pips a day, is it a fluke? or am i missing something (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=413529)

stevewalker Mar 4, 2013 4:33pm | Post# 41

you ask questions
but you dont let others ask you

not fare my guess
GL

before anyone asks, NO i am not selling anything, nor do i have any interest in it, i wont tell you about the EA name either. so don't ask and waste time .

I recently got an very old EA as i was testing it ( dont' ask its name) , i came across a few options, i changed them again and again and somehow, it started making 500 pips a day!
i lost about 1500 pips in first 2 days itself.

if you will be kind enough to let me know if this is a by chance setting that worked or something.

it trades on ALL the pairs at ONCE ( it has this setting within...

MoralAtheist Mar 4, 2013 4:53pm | Post# 42

Anybody else looked at the chart on a daily balance basis? It's all very flat...

looks like 1:1 ratio just like tossing a coin, in the end it breaks even.... Of course because of standard deviation sometimes it goes up a bit and sometimes down...

I am struck by the closeness of these two numbers closed trades=141, pips lost =136 at the time I looked... Is the spread on your demo account about one pip on average?

Gumrai Mar 4, 2013 8:27pm | Post# 43

1 Attachment(s)
First of all, without any information about reasoning or strategy behind taking trades, nobody is able to answer your questions.
We could look at the results trade by trade and attempt to analise the strategy, but that would possibly take weeks - nobody is going to do that.

Where do you get the idea that your EA is earning 500 pips per day?
Your TE does not show that at all!

Click to Enlarge

Name: TE pips.JPG
Size: 53 KB

Looking at the pips per day, you've had one good day where the EA yielded 669 pips profit. The rest of the time the performance was not good.
8 days are not enough to draw any solid conclusions.
The only thing that you can say for sure is that during the 8 days market conditions were perfect for this EA on only 1 day.
As it has only worked well on a single day, the it is highly probable that this was a fluke.

You need to run the EA for much longer before you can be sure that this will be profitable.
I should wait a while before ordering your ne Ferrari

SmartTradeFX Mar 5, 2013 2:38am | Post# 44

Good for you. Anyone who makes money should be proud. I would most definately take your intil investment out of your profit.
Then just trade with "House Money" that way you will never actually lose when or if that EA crashes as most all do at a certain
point. Until then keep grabbing those pips.

forexhard Mar 7, 2013 3:20am | Post# 45

Good for you. Anyone who makes money should be proud. I would most definately take your intil investment out of your profit. Then just trade with "House Money" that way you will never actually lose when or if that EA crashes as most all do at a certain
point. Until then keep grabbing those pips.
It's a demo acct. He's not making money, or pips. The only thing he's grabbing is his dick. And a little attention in here. Because he's desperate, and we're a little bored.

And you've got 1 whole post, and you obviously can't read. My troll alarm is going off. I'm guessing you and the OP are the same guy.

MoralAtheist Mar 7, 2013 3:23am | Post# 46

It's a demo acct. He's not making money, or pips. The only thing he's grabbing is his dick. And a little attention in here. Because he's desperate, and we're a little bored.
To be fair to the guy if you re-read the first page, he has put his hand up to it being all a big mistake in big red writing! Come on give him a little break we've all done this kind of thing, he just went public with it to check his own thinking, which in the end turned out to be wrong.

© Forex Factory