Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   My EA is making 500 pips a day, is it a fluke? or am i missing something (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=413529)

realjumper Mar 4, 2013 7:54am | Post# 21

this is WOW.. if i don't share my code or my strategy everything automatically starts to bash me!

all i asked was - dont ask which ea i use or what options or something.

just tell me if i am overlooking something, that would tell me that this ea is not as profitable as i think or something.

i have put trade explorer on the first page, that is all the data i can give you. because that is all the data i have.

RELAX. i am not being a hard a$$ about it.

LOL....and how are we supposed to tell if you've overlooked anything, when we cannot look at anything?

competent123 Mar 4, 2013 7:56am | Post# 22

LOL....and how are we supposed to tell if you've overlooked anything, when we cannot look at anything?

entire trade explorer is in front of you, each trade EA took, lot size, profit, loss, everything what else can one need to make a judgement?

realjumper Mar 4, 2013 7:59am | Post# 23

entire trade explorer is in front of you, each trade EA took, lot size, profit, loss, everything what else can one need to make a judgement?
The TM is showing the results......it's anyones guess how those results were arrived at, seeing as you won't reveal anything at all about it.

pipcorn Mar 4, 2013 8:02am | Post# 24

My EA make 501 pips a day.

MoralAtheist Mar 4, 2013 8:09am | Post# 25

My EA make 501 pips a day.
he he))

competent123 Mar 4, 2013 8:09am | Post# 26

The TM is showing the results......it's anyones guess how those results were arrived at, seeing as you won't reveal anything at all about it.

its opening and closing the trades right in front of you, its FORWARD testing, not backtesting. not results of last year or something.

so whatever the result is, nobody can predict, and if someone can, he is going to be a Trillionaire.! with a capital T.

realjumper Mar 4, 2013 8:11am | Post# 27

its opening and closing the trades right in front of you, its FORWARD testing, not backtesting. not results of last year or something.

so whatever the result is, nobody can predict, and if someone can, he is going to be a Trillionaire.! with a capital T.
"Is it a fluke, or am I missing something?"..........how the hell can anyone answer that by looking at a bunch of results?

shiva Mar 4, 2013 8:28am | Post# 28

Hey, my car won't start; can you tell me what is the problem? Of course I can't offer any clues on the make or model of the car, I won't tell you anything about the engine capacity either. Just rake your brains, spend a lot of time on this and feel honored that I am letting you help me

mr.kho Mar 4, 2013 8:29am | Post# 29

before anyone asks, NO i am not selling anything, nor do i have any interest in it, i wont tell you about the EA name either. so don't ask and waste time .

I recently got an very old EA as i was testing it ( dont' ask its name) , i came across a few options, i changed them again and again and somehow, it started making 500 pips a day!
i lost about 1500 pips in first 2 days itself.

if you will be kind enough to let me know if this is a by chance setting that worked or something.

it trades on ALL the pairs at ONCE ( it has this setting within that...
be careful !!!
many people go bankrupt,, because.,,the victory at the beginning in bulk ,,(either demo or real )

salaam

realjumper Mar 4, 2013 8:44am | Post# 30

Little Miss Muppet: I baked a new cake today, it's delicious, but I want to know if it's a fluke or am I missing something?

Guy in the shop: Oh ok, let me have a taste and I'll try and help you.

Little Miss Muppet: Oh no, you can't taste it

Guy in the shop: Oh.....well......let me see the recipe then.

Little Miss Muppet: Oh no, you can't see the recipe.

Guy in the shop: Really?......Well at least tell me what the ingredients are.

Little Miss Muppet: No way!

Guy in the shop: Well how the hell can I help you find out if it's a fluke or if you're missing something???

Little Miss Muppet: Because I'm showing you the cake.....you know, the results.....duh!

Guy in the shop: Uh huh....I'm going to the pub!

competent123 Mar 4, 2013 8:46am | Post# 31

Hey, my car won't start; can you tell me what is the problem? Of course I can't offer any clues on the make or model of the car, I won't tell you anything about the engine capacity either. Just rake your brains, spend a lot of time on this and feel honored that I am letting you help me

why is everyone so stressed about the EA i use? if i dont tell you the name of the EA, nobody will tell me anything, correct?

2 - will it help if i post my username/investor password here?

what difference will it make from trade explorer? you will get the same data in both places, more data in trade explorer.

Parox Mar 4, 2013 9:00am | Post# 32

I also tried tons of EAs on demo accounts. To be frank Some EAs were more than 90% profitable on Demo. But when I go with real money then the different thing. Why don't you start a small live account to test this EA ? Hopefully you will get the answers. Don't trade all pairs using EA. Stick to 04 - 05 pairs.

taomql4 Mar 4, 2013 9:01am | Post# 33

before anyone asks, NO i am not selling anything, nor do i have any interest in it, i wont tell you about the EA name either. so don't ask and waste time .

I recently got an very old EA as i was testing it ( dont' ask its name) , i came across a few options, i changed them again and again and somehow, it started making 500 pips a day!
i lost about 1500 pips in first 2 days itself.

if you will be kind enough to let me know if this is a by chance setting that worked or something.

it trades on ALL the pairs at ONCE ( it has this setting within...
Oh Okay - Sounds fair enough ..
Your thread in a Nut Shell ...

Inserted Video

Good times ..

Eur Usd Mar 4, 2013 10:17am | Post# 34

I can open so small positions (and so many of them) that it will give me 10.000 pips a day (or even more) and with same money I can do only 20 pips but the profit in cash will be the same, that's why what counts more for me is daily profit in %, not pips.

Supertrader9 Mar 4, 2013 10:55am | Post# 35

1 Attachment(s)
why is everyone so stressed about the EA i use? if i dont tell you the name of the EA, nobody will tell me anything, correct?

2 - will it help if i post my username/investor password here?

what difference will it make from trade explorer? you will get the same data in both places, more data in trade explorer.
Use the same settings. Backtest from 2008 to current. If it is profitable then your ea stand the test of time and it just might be your lucky day. If it doesn't then don't bother. I also have my ea. I have backtest results as well as forward test. I also have a thread here in the trading journal section.

Forward test link is at signature. If you run your ea for a year and it is still profitable then probably you have found 'your' version of trading holy grail.

Here is the backtest
xy.rar

jeuro Mar 4, 2013 11:56am | Post# 36

Hi Competent123.

The point is that it is impossible for anyone to give you any opinion that is worth anything.
Impossible because no one knows the logic of the EA. Most likely not even you.
Also it is impossible, or extremely time consuming to try to reverse engineering a logic from a list of open trades
ufff, the option are infinite.

To me looks like a simple basket of some sort, that is just lucky in these few days with the parameters
you found.

Any Basket style system are in general just spreads eater system. And as soon the market behave different
then the present setting would be worthless.

No one can tell you more then generic thing like I am mentioning. If you figure the logic of your present setting
and "you" think they are good, go for it.

J.

manilaguy Mar 4, 2013 12:19pm | Post# 37

Sorry for the noob question, but what is a EA?

pipcorn Mar 4, 2013 1:25pm | Post# 38

Sorry for the noob question, but what is a EA?
EA = Expert Advisor. (a piece of code)
An EA can just advise traders which trades to make.
Or can be programmed to automatically execute the trades.

MoralAtheist Mar 4, 2013 2:19pm | Post# 39

Hi Competent123.

The point is that it is impossible for anyone to give you any opinion that is worth anything.
Impossible because no one knows the logic of the EA. Most likely not even you.
Also it is impossible, or extremely time consuming to try to reverse engineering a logic from a list of open trades
ufff, the option are infinite.

To me looks like a simple basket of some sort, that is just lucky in these few days with the parameters
you found.

Any Basket style system are in general just spreads eater system. And as soon the market...
My sentiments exactly... the OP claims to have run this on two years of back data... I must say I am skeptical.. There seems to no understanding of the expected return or the risk of ruin probability on behalf on of the OP.. Feels like he is gambling to me, but hey, like you say if he's happy with his 4 days of results, bung in some real money and let it roll!

manilaguy Mar 4, 2013 2:38pm | Post# 40

EA = Expert Advisor. (a piece of code)
An EA can just advise traders which trades to make.
Or can be programmed to automatically execute the trades.
Ah okay, thanks for that. Might have to get myself one of those, not that I would know how to use it haha.

I am plodding along on a demo account, in 2 weeks have turned 10 grand into 18 grand and I know that is probably not much going by some of the regulars here but I find it fairly easy to make money.

Like everyone says though, come back when your using real money. I will do it, just not yet though, need to prove I can make play money first lol.

© Forex Factory