Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Killer B (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=41188)

Bemac Aug 2, 2007 2:37am | Post# 1

Killer B

The Nuts:
Any Timeframe;
Calculate the Median Pip Movement/Bar in that Timeframe.
Get in when it moves 20% toward the Median.
Get Out when it reaches 80% of the Median.

The Bolts:
I haven't figured that out yet but I thought the Title would get me some help by way of 'Suggested Improvement.'

Actually I have figured it out but thought this might be a way to stop Juniors from chasing Rainbows.

:

Sorry if if I miss led you.

diallist Aug 2, 2007 2:52am | Post# 2

Thanks Bill. Shouldn't this be in the Trading Systems forum?

For what? Just the most recently completed bar, or the average for X number of bars? If the latter, what is X?

What is "it"? The move in pips since the opening of the current, active bar?

Bemac Aug 2, 2007 3:13am | Post# 3

Wow.
First response from such an illustrious member.
Hi Charles,

Nice of you to catch on that it is a real strategy, but, for now, please leave it in the "Lounge"

I will respond to ""Relevent Questions"" such as yours.

Not the Most Recently completed Bar but more so where the PA is relevent to the Open of the TF {Weekly Chart = This Weeks open. Minimum I use is 5 min Relative to 24 Hour Session Open}

"It" = Price Action.

Sorry for the ambiguity but I'm still learning this game

Micro-MiniMe Aug 2, 2007 8:29am | Post# 4

Go Bemac

Last week I saw a response from you about the average median range in another thread. Glad to see you going in this direction.

One comment: This seams more like a range strategy than a breakout system. If so, that's awsome! You'll be pullin in pips while the trenders are bumpin the highs and lows.(~80% of the time)

Goodthings has a nice stats thread that might be usefull to determine likely price movement relative to fibos and pivots. Just a thought.

Just when I thought my brain was full...now I must make more room.

BeachBum Aug 2, 2007 8:37am | Post# 5

I do something similar most days; but I add the daily predicted high and predicted low to this method using Vantage Point software. One hour charts work best for me. This is a solid strategy with a very good success rate. I hope others who are looking for an uncomplicated way to trade follow your lead....................

The Nuts:
Any Timeframe;

The Bolts:
I haven't figured that out yet but I thought the Title would get me some help by way of 'Suggested Improvement.'

Actually I have figured it out but thought this might be a way to stop Juniors from chasing Rainbows.

:

Sorry if if I miss led you.

smjones Aug 2, 2007 9:37am | Post# 6

Bill, no prblem keeping your thread here, but did you know that only members of FF can see it? The non registered cannot see the Lounge.

billflet Aug 2, 2007 9:42am | Post# 7

Hello Bemac,

Just wondering how many of your sound suggestions go overlooked because they seem too simple. For simple people like me, they're perfect.

Like this one here -- one more tool in my toolbox.

All the best!
Bill

PeterFM Aug 2, 2007 10:20am | Post# 8

Agreed....

Hello Bemac,

Just wondering how many of your sound suggestions go overlooked because they seem too simple. For simple people like me, they're perfect.

Like this one here -- one more tool in my toolbox.

All the best!
Bill
But ' simple is as simple does' as Blackadder might have said
I've been a regular Bemac clicker from my early days with VT, and while I respect the mind behind the posts, the thinking is often beyond me.
Now that's a problem I've got, and suffered from for years, but it doesn't always help the mathematically-challenged to understand, and investigate the concepts further.
Couple that with an inherent fear of looking stupid by not posting ""Relevent Questions"" keeps many away, I suspect.
For me an image is worth several immediate questions, and enables me to see at least the concepts involved.
So for this even more simple mind I'll keep tabs on this thread and try and understand more as you guys clarify it

StockKJay Aug 2, 2007 10:23am | Post# 9

The Nuts:
Any Timeframe;

Bemac,

ATR on EUR/USD on 14 setting = 148. On new weekly bar open enter in either direction when it moves 30 pips (20%) and close when it moves to 118 pips on the week (80%). Do I have this right? I did base my thinking on "mean" instead of "median", so I may be somewhere else completely.

"Suggested Improvements"

Have you ever thought of using. ...... :

PeterFM Aug 2, 2007 10:28am | Post# 10

This was exactly the question....

Bemac,
ATR on EUR/USD on 14 setting = 148. On new weekly bar open enter in either direction when it moves 30 pips (20%) and close when it moves to 118 pips on the week (80%). Do I have this right? I did base my thinking on "mean" instead of "median", so I may be somewhere else completely.
Have you ever thought of using. ...... :
I wanted to ask, thanks StockKJay

Bemac Aug 2, 2007 6:18pm | Post# 11

Bill, no prblem keeping your thread here, but did you know that only members of FF can see it? The non registered cannot see the Lounge.
Ahh. Thanks Scott I didn't know that.

Although I am willing to allow it to be moved {and subsequently explain it in full detail}, the reason I posted it in the lounge was to guage the Trading Experience of those that responded.

Wonder why My Carrot drew responses from > 500 posts club. Better defined as dedicated Students {BillF. & M-MM}and actual Traders.

I suppose the "Joined in June Club" are to eager for success to bother with The Lounge.

Antra Aug 2, 2007 6:37pm | Post# 12

Hmm??? and where are the.......

'Can someone make an EA for this?' posts?

Being one of the mathematically challenged around here I am learning to accept that and just convert all I can to a visual format. We can't all be the same.

Simple is good.

Cheers

diallist Aug 2, 2007 6:50pm | Post# 13

Wow.
First response from such an illustrious member.
Hi Charles,

Nice of you to catch on that it is a real strategy, but, for now, please leave it in the "Lounge"

I will respond to ""Relevent Questions"" such as yours.

Not the Most Recently completed Bar but more so where the PA is relevent to the Open of the TF {Weekly Chart = This Weeks open. Minimum I use is 5 min Relative to 24 Hour Session Open}

"It" = Price Action.

Sorry for the ambiguity but I'm still learning this game
You're still learning this game? LOL! Yer too funny Bill!

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be certain. As for a suggestion for improvement, the most obvious would be trading with the longer trend only, but I'm sure that goes without saying, so forget I said it.

Thanks Bill

Dial

Bemac Aug 2, 2007 7:00pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Folks,

Let me spend the weekend {a Scorching long one in Albeta} seeing if I can do this thread justice by adding some visuals as aids to understanding.

If can accomplish this task, I will ask it to be moved to 'Systems'.

I'm not sure, as yet, how I will deal with the ignorant repeat questions but let me say this to those of you that have read this thread prior to this post.

The only silly question is one you have already been given the answer to, numerous times.

I would like to add that I do have some admiration for those that post things like...

I don't care how it works, as long as it does. I'm a Mover and a Shaker. Just tell me when to push the button.

They will probably end up richer than me.

One last thing before I venture into the dunny for 3 Days.

This is Not an Original Concept of mine. Merely a refinement of an Old one.

Will leave this cpu on this screen while working on the project...
So...
I will continue to read questions to help me decide what I should include in the Visuals.

Here is a current image of GBP/USD 5 Min trading on the Daily Median Range.
L8R Folks.
Name:  Full System GBP_USD Aug 2 07.PNG
Views: 7268
Size:  37 KB

billflet Aug 3, 2007 12:28am | Post# 15

Ahh. Thanks Scott I didn't know that.

Although I am willing to allow it to be moved {and subsequently explain it in full detail}, the reason I posted it in the lounge was to guage the Trading Experience of those that responded.

Wonder why My Carrot drew responses from ...

LOL It wasn't the carrot that lured me in. You could have named it "Bemac's Failed Breakout Strategy" and I still would have read it. Actually it was the carrot -- the carrot being the Bemac. The Bemac flag lends credibility to anything that follows, no matter what the title or subject. Even when you talk in riddles you still point us toward the gold.

Have a good weekend Bemac.

JodyOng Aug 3, 2007 3:07am | Post# 16

Interesting. With what you said Bemac, this is a range strategy where you are playing retracements towards the median?

So if I'm looking at a 4 hours chart, I take the median price, and once prices move 20% towards that median, I enter correctly with a tp at 80%?

Is my interpretation correct?

Sorry, I take some time to understand stuff.

Gwan Aug 4, 2007 12:10am | Post# 17

sorry if i missread it....

but , Where 's the break out?

Actually I have figured it out but thought this might be a way to stop Juniors from chasing Rainbows
maybe somewhere over the rainbow?:

i think i ever heard thing like this called something related with head and tail (sorry my newbie brain has weak memory) it is kind of only take 80% of our target profit for better sure fire. (Learned from Japan translated manga)

Silver Aug 4, 2007 6:21pm | Post# 18

Breakout Str

Bemac

How nice to read a thread where no question was ask more than once, If it was not going to sound selfish I would ask to keep the thread here, but obviously that will be selfish of me.

Most threads are so long because the same comments and question keep popping up over and over again, I only hope that the people that will read this thread and contribute will at least read everything first before asking questions that have been answered countless times.

Looking forward to the next lesson.

Regards

Silver

Micro-MiniMe Aug 4, 2007 8:06pm | Post# 19

Bemac

Most threads are so long because the same comments and question keep popping up over and over again, I only hope that the people that will read this thread and contribute will at least read everything first before asking questions that have been answered countless times.
Bemac has a very influential a friends here in a da factory. If anybody messes up his a threads, we goina wak em. You like? Yeh, you like. Get da message out, ok?

mcmep11 Aug 4, 2007 10:15pm | Post# 20

Interesting. With what you said Bemac, this is a range strategy where you are playing retracements towards the median?

So if I'm looking at a 4 hours chart, I take the median price, and once prices move 20% towards that median, I enter correctly with a tp at 80%?

Is my interpretation correct?

Sorry, I take some time to understand stuff.
and to further clarify that question, "I take the median price, and once the price moves 20% of the difference between current price and the median I enter....

© Forex Factory