Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Killer B (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=41188)

JR97 Aug 21, 2007 8:07am | Post# 41

B, so sorry for your loss. My condolences. Peace be with you.

Bemac Sep 2, 2007 2:00am | Post# 42

My Father's Eyes

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. I got a Full Week plus 15 minutes with my Dad before he crossed while holding my hand.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, I have spent the last 24 hrs trying to catch up on All the changes here @FF including the little Green 1KT Icon attached to my Avatar. Thanks to those that endorsed me. I now feel the obligation that comes with it.

Killer B.
The Pairs.
I prefer GBP/USD but that is not to say that this is the only pair it works on. Find Your Eddy.
I would now like to open the conversation on the Stohs and anything else you are not 100% sure of.

Ask away. In the Questions Thread, of course.

Plutonite Sep 2, 2007 2:21am | Post# 43

Very sorry for your loss.

Concerning your system, I think the great loophole here will be when volatility changes from week to week or you get false breakouts + stop hunting..etc. Quitting before 80% may have statistical significance and will probably coincide with all sorts of nice fibs and things, but entering on 20% regardless of the price action pattern is a different matter. Maybe you could combine this with a news indicator to eliminate entries on spikes?

Cheers

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. I got a Full Week plus 15 minutes with my Dad before he crossed while holding my hand.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, I have spent the last 24 hrs trying to catch up on All the changes here @FF including the little Green 1KT Icon attached to my Avatar. Thanks to those that endorsed me. I now feel the obligation that comes with it.

Killer B.
The Pairs.
I prefer GBP/USD but that is not to say that this is the only pair it works on. Find Your Eddy.
I would now like to open the conversation on the Stohs and anything else you are not 100% sure of.

Ask away. In the Questions Thread, of course.

Bemac Sep 2, 2007 2:41am | Post# 44

Very sorry for your loss.

Concerning your system, I think the great loophole here will be when volatility changes from week to week
Understood and Agreed. That's why I {not mentioned before} use the MDR from the previous {MAX} 2 Weeks.
{or you get false breakouts + stop hunting..etc. Quitting before 80% may have statistical significance and will probably coincide with all sorts of nice fibs and things, but entering on 20% regardless of the price action pattern is a different matter.}

Maybe you could combine this with a news indicator to eliminate entries on spikes?Cheers
Possibly but in reality, not likely. News is a Crapshoot & cannot be predicted. Niether can the potential Spike & Revarsal of same.

You either believe your system will carry you through the News OR simply Trade The News.

Plutonite Sep 2, 2007 3:01am | Post# 45

Possibly but in reality, not likely. News is a Crapshoot & cannot be predicted. Niether can the potential Spike & Revarsal of same.

You either believe your system will carry you through the News OR simply Trade The News.
Thanks for the reply, maybe I wasn't clear enough though: what I meant there was the third option: staying out. If you know there is heavy news, or a series of important news items in succession, you always have the option of ignoring the associated high volatility and waiting for the "sane" movements that come 30 min - 1 hour later (usually) before you do the 20% thing and enter. Just a thought

Have you forward tested this system though? And for how long?

Bemac Sep 2, 2007 11:03am | Post# 46

Have you forward tested this system though? And for how long?
For the past year +.

It's not a 100% system but comfortably profitable.

StockKJay Oct 2, 2007 11:37am | Post# 47

Just a follow up on this system. I tracked this system both backtesting and watching in present day during several different market types (trending, ranging etc) and found this.

Out of 76 days on EUR/USD, the limit TP was reached 34 times. The SL was reached 37 times. The others didn't get stopped or reach their TP, though would have been closed with a profit or a loss at end of day. If one were to only enter one trade a day, this would be profitable. This is because the TP is .60% and a loss is .40%. Biggest loss stretch in a row was 7.

That is 44% accuracy, from scratch.

Now, given that this doesn't factor in ANY discretion at all such as trend direction, big news releases and the MOST IMPORTANT of all ... TP before the limit TP and never let it go all the way against you to the SL limit, I would say that this is a fair foundation. I am curious if someone else has tracked this at all besides Bemac?

Also, Bemac, if you may, if left completely alone ... what % figure have you seen resulting from your setup? I know you trade GBP/USD, though spread is significantly lower on my EUR/USD than GBP/USD. 3.0-3.3 vs .9-1.5. I know you have additional elements, I am just wondering strictly about the .20% and .80% targets?

Thanks for any insight.

EDIT: I know I cheated as well with using an ATR in MT4. I didn't calculate exactly how you did. This may hurt % also. I didn't do this strictly as a test of your specific setup, it was an effort to calculate a very like setup to understand how probable something is or isn't. Hope I don't offend at all.

Bemac Oct 2, 2007 7:17pm | Post# 48

1 Attachment(s)
... Hope I don't offend at all.
No Problem Here.

Back in July, I had a {Demo} system server kill the account as it thought my USDJPY Trade was USDCAD or something like that. So... It Bought USDCAD @ 114.?? and Immediatly closed the accont on Call as, obviously, the USDCAD was close to 1.0000 {The server thought I had lost 113 Big Points on a USDCAD Trade (-11.3 Million Dollars), damn, I knew I should have Sold} But I digress...
Anyway... I opened a new demo account and plopped KB on a couple of Pairs.

Here is an XL sheet to date. Carve it and shape it as you please.

I'm thinking of opening Several New Accounts and assigning each Acct. 1 Pair to Trade as this will, in the Future, give us Hard Numbers for comparison over some Majors.
N2 KB Stmnt.zip

Bemac Oct 2, 2007 11:06pm | Post# 49

1 Attachment(s)
Settings for All of the Above {XL}Trades based on plotting on a 5 Min Chart and, just to mention, The Open Hour is set to 6.
Name:  General Settings.PNG
Views: 1667
Size:  19 KB

thehedge Oct 24, 2007 12:19pm | Post# 50

No Problem Here.

Back in July, I had a {Demo} system server kill the account as it thought my USDJPY Trade was USDCAD or something like that. So... It Bought USDCAD @ 114.?? and Immediatly closed the accont on Call as, obviously, the USDCAD was close to 1.0000 {The server thought I had lost 113 Big Points on a USDCAD Trade (-11.3 Million Dollars), damn, I knew I should have Sold} But I digress...
Anyway... I opened a new demo account and plopped KB on a couple of Pairs.

Here is an XL sheet to date. Carve it and shape it as you please.

I'm thinking of opening Several New Accounts and assigning each Acct. 1 Pair to Trade as this will, in the Future, give us Hard Numbers for comparison over some Majors.
Hi Bemac,

Any updates (spreadsheets) on how your system has fared on other pairs so far?

Bemac Oct 24, 2007 7:27pm | Post# 51

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Bemac,

Any updates (spreadsheets) on how your system has fared on other pairs so far?
Short ans. = NO.
Long Answer = For my Style & requirements, GBPUSD seems to be the best of the bunch & is all I really need.

Last 3 {1 Full Lot}Trades.
DEMO Balance $61,526.00. {From $50,000.00 in July}
Click to Enlarge

Name: KB Oct 24 07.PNG
Size: 49 KB

thehedge Oct 25, 2007 11:52am | Post# 52

Short ans. = NO.
Long Answer = For my Style & requirements, GBPUSD seems to be the best of the bunch & is all I really need.

Last 3 {1 Full Lot}Trades.
DEMO Balance $61,526.00. {From $50,000.00 in July}
Thanks, Bemac. You seem to risk very little on a 50k demo.

Is this the only method of trading you employ?

Bemac Oct 25, 2007 6:54pm | Post# 53

Thanks, Bemac. You seem to risk very little on a 50k demo.
This is not my Live Account & therefore has no Lot Size Calcs involved in it. Trading 1 Lot simply made my Live Account Lot Size easier to calculate. But yes, you are 100% correct in recognizing that the Returns posted on the Demo are with micro mini sphincter risk.

Is this the only method of trading you employ?
No.

Bemac Oct 25, 2007 9:35pm | Post# 54

Getting kicked in the rear at this moment {see post time} but Still letting it tell me WHEN to Trade.

thehedge Oct 26, 2007 2:16am | Post# 55

Getting kicked in the rear at this moment {see post time} but Still letting it tell me WHEN to Trade.
Oh, yes the past 2 trades were losses and the current one (as of ~2am EST)is not looking too good either.

I assume this is your intraday trading system while you employ other methods for longer term trades?

bjpumping Jul 23, 2008 9:33am | Post# 56

hello bemac

please dont count my question as stupid, i am a newbie at forex.can you explain the system and make it more explanatory, i dont understand it at all.thanks...happy trading

Bemac Jul 23, 2008 8:03pm | Post# 57

please dont count my question as stupid, i am a newbie at forex.can you explain the system and make it more explanatory, i dont understand it at all.thanks...happy trading
I thought I did, but if you still don't understand it, perhaps this will help.

Research the areas or comments you do not understand.

Simple really.
Assumption:
I can reasonably expect that {GBP/USD} Todays High will be 150 Pips above Today's Low. How can I benifit from that?

Answer = Killer B has potential & is designed {default} to Enter after PA is 20% on it's way {Higher OR Lower}.

Exit {TP} is designed @ 80% of Probable Pip Run.

Please:
Successfull Trading does not have to be convoluted. It just has to be wise.

bjpumping Jul 25, 2008 11:22am | Post# 58

hello bemac

thanks for the reply..your assumption about what i meant was right ...but how do i know what the day will do sych that i can say this is the difference between the high and low of a particular trading day...what i am sayng is......how do i know if a day is a sell day or buy day?will be very happy to hear back from you....happy pips taking.

imad Jul 25, 2008 12:07pm | Post# 59

vt

hi bemac
thanks for your nice strategy
i would like to know since i m new to VT , the trading system you have posted does trade automaticaly when we activate the trading system or we need to place orders manualy as we understand the system
thanks

reteid2222 May 16, 2019 12:14am | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
Indicator which shows the trades with these rules......Rules:
Take high low and calculate average
Buy: When price moves X% from average away(up); TP Y% and SL average
SeLL: When price moves X% from average away(dn); TP Y% and SL average
Whos interested to test...write here
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 52 KB

© Forex Factory