Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Looking for Weis Wave indicator MT4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=411153)

gembug123 Feb 19, 2013 5:08am | Post# 1

Looking for Weis Wave indicator MT4

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a Weis Wave indicator for MT4. Does anyone know if this is possible?
From what I can tell on the web, there seems to be a lot of interest for an indicator like this.
Is there anyone who would be willing to code this? I'm happy to pay

Ralome Feb 19, 2013 11:59am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Try this one I just made (based on http://weisonwyckoff.com/weis-wave/) Dif sets the minimum movement needed for a reversal candle (in pips). In colors, the first (white) is upwave, second (black) is downwave, the rest are undisplayed buffers.

Greets,
Ralome
WeisWave.mq4

Mingary Feb 19, 2013 5:09pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
I use it in addition to some sort of swing volume (average volume per swing).

Click to Enlarge

Name: Weiss.gif
Size: 39 KB

gembug123 Feb 19, 2013 10:20pm | Post# 4

Hi Ralome,

Thanks so much for sharing this indicator.

Much Appreciated. I'll have a look at it

gembug123 Feb 19, 2013 10:22pm | Post# 5

Hi Mingary,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain a little bit more how your Swing Volume indicator differs from the Weis Wave? My understanding was that the Weis Wave was measuring the volume of each swing.

Look forward to hearing from you and hope you can help me understand.

thanks,
Gembug

Mingary Feb 20, 2013 2:41am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
The swing volume that I am referring to actually has nothing to do with the weis wave.

==> Ord Volume

PriceVolume.pdf

Looks good on paper, can't be traded.

gembug123 Feb 20, 2013 5:39am | Post# 7

Mingary,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look later today.

blott May 19, 2013 3:50pm | Post# 8

Hi Ralome,
Thanks for your indi, but it has to be refreshed every now and then as the bars disappear. Anything to be done about this please? I was testing it on strategy tester.

Thanks,

Mike

vseow Jun 30, 2013 12:48pm | Post# 9

Hi Ralome,

Great work and appreciate you sharing the indicator. If you can also plot the cumulative vol of the swings on the chart, it would be fantastic, thank you.

Regards
Vincent

Ralome Sep 17, 2013 10:18am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
I was recently reminded about this indy, so I took a look into it. The disappearing bar problem should be gone.

Vseow, the last bar of each bunch with the same color is the cumulative volume of the whole swing.
WeisWave2.mq4

vseow Sep 29, 2013 7:05am | Post# 11

Thanks Ralome, much appreciated. It's a wonderful indicator. Is there any way of painting the cumulative volume numbers at the swing high/low of the candles? It will be great if it can be done. Anyway, once again, thank you.

Regards,
Vincent

blott Sep 30, 2013 1:11pm | Post# 12

Thanks Ralome, much appreciated. It's a wonderful indicator. Is there any way of painting the cumulative volume numbers at the swing high/low of the candles? It will be great if it can be done. Anyway, once again, thank you. Regards, Vincent
Thanks for the mod Ralome.

Mike

prku018 Dec 24, 2013 1:44am | Post# 13

Can you share the Elliott Wave indicator? please

fxdaytrader_ Dec 24, 2013 1:50am | Post# 14

The indicator is 3 posts above your post, so why the question?
or try search for elliot wave indicators (google)

amolago Oct 20, 2014 8:48am | Post# 15

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I realise this thread is almost a year old, but I thought I'd upload an updated version of this I worked on over the weekend.
WeisWave3.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 58 KB

JoeMcCool Oct 27, 2014 5:24pm | Post# 16

Hello,
could someone explain the code? Or have a source for Weis Waves? I had an Up Wave which went lower than the down wave, strange picture resulting in wrong volume. why is that? thanks for every help.

cu
Joe

rgakalo Oct 28, 2014 3:59pm | Post# 17

Hi, I realise this thread is almost a year old, but I thought I'd upload an updated version of this I worked on over the weekend. {file} {image}

Hi,
thank you. Could you please tell what do "labelshift" and "difference" variables mean in this indicator?

amolago Oct 29, 2014 6:45am | Post# 18

difference is the required number of 1/10th pips to turn the wave, essentially what "Dif" did in v1 and v2, i.e. 30 = 3pips. It's written so that it will work identically on the JPY pairs too (and any others that might only use 3 decimal places).

labelshift is the distance (again in 1/10th pips) from the wave line at which volume labels are placed. You can't really use a one-setting-for-all-timeframes, so I added this parameter.

amolago Oct 29, 2014 6:46am | Post# 19

Hello, could someone explain the code? Or have a source for Weis Waves? I had an Up Wave which went lower than the down wave, strange picture resulting in wrong volume. why is that? thanks for every help. cu Joe
Where about? Pair? Timeframe? Settings for the indicator? I could have a look and see if I can find the problem.

JoeMcCool Oct 29, 2014 9:53am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
it's on October 27, 7 pm, EURUSD M1, Difference 20.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1WW.png
Size: 68 KB

© Forex Factory