Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Auslanco - GBP/JPY and GBP/USD (newstrade) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/40582-auslanco-gbpjpy-and-gbpusd-newstrade)

Andrew Vu Jun 8, 2009 5:14pm | Post# 181281

Thanks, nice thread!

his thread is here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=129810

if you don't learn anything else, you will learn divergence on his thread . . .
Thanks.

janela Jun 8, 2009 6:20pm | Post# 181282

Thanks.
I recall something Lillmoe wrote about divergence. I was impressed so I kept a copy:

"ok, u're not the first one who asked that question. this HAS been a good question and still is.

80% of the time, a bearish/bullish (classic) divergence is always followed by a bullish (hidden) divergence. that's a fact.

i have came with a solution to where and when a divergence breaks. this might be a bit of a lot of read and maybe a bit hard to understand, but bear with me.

one of the main reasons i use CCI30 is just for that. on the same chart u have, u placed the CCI TL incorrectly, go back and place that TL on the peaks of CCI (highs). the bearish divergence was soon followed by a bullish hidden divergence:

bearish divergence playout IF:
1) m30's 50ema is taken out
2) we close at a lower price of that where the other lower bottom on MACD is taken out.
3) CCI30 (and most importantly) closes below the -100 line.

the third part (to me) is the most important. unlike most indicators, CCI resembles the typical price (u can find more info about CCI ont he net). close below/above resistance lines doesn't necessarily mean oversold/overbought levels, but rather it means BREAKOUT. as i'm typing this, CCI30 on the m30 chart has pierced throught the -100 line and is just above 50ema (i took some partial profit at the open of this new m30 candle). i always confirm with m30, but 1h is even better for confirmation. once 1h cci30 closes below the -100 line, this will tank really nice.

bearish divergence failure (on the same chart u have):
1) if cci30 breaks that descending TL to the upside
2) after breaking to he upside, CCI has to close above the 100 line.
3) we get a higher high on CCI or MACD, but here's the trick, that could also mean a classic bearish divergence backed by hidden bearish IFFF price fails to make a higher high.

confusing right? but trust me, the world of divergence is humungous, and mastering it is not a simple task, but once u do, it's VERY powerful. getting tops and bottoms would be a breeze
"

azibi Jun 8, 2009 6:21pm | Post# 181283

divergence

1 Attachment(s)
Hereby a bearish divergence on the 15 min. cable chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusdm divergence.jpeg
Size: 59 KB

pino2 Jun 8, 2009 6:30pm | Post# 181284

I'm long from 157.6 with TP @ 163, will buy dips.
Today we had higher high, higher low, higher close and daily close is lower than DP.

Raza Jun 8, 2009 6:32pm | Post# 181285

I recall something Lillmoe wrote about divergence. I was impressed so I kept a copy:

"ok, u're not the first one who asked that question. this HAS been a good question and still is.

80% of the time, a bearish/bullish (classic) divergence is always followed by a bullish (hidden) divergence. that's a fact.

[font=&quot][color=black]i have came with a solution to where and when a divergence breaks. this might be a bit of a lot of read and maybe a bit hard to understand,...

BREEZE!! Thats right.. and we have Divergence King Back.. Trading will be real Good.. hello Bro (Lil Moe)..

Raza Jun 8, 2009 6:36pm | Post# 181286

i see u guys are at it again though i have NO idea what's going on...

how's it going fellas?

Hello , there. Hope everything is fine and well with you and family..(Gaza.) Welcome Back.. and dont go anywhere any more!!

Trouble maker was MALCOLMB, and i am the Victim.. He is keeping a daily count of my pips... its all good.

Just a heads up.. you probably know. we cant play both sides of the market anymore.unless you have an account from UK.. HEDGING IS BANNED!!

donfriday Jun 8, 2009 6:52pm | Post# 181287

Hello , there. Hope everything is fine and well with you and family..(Gaza.) Welcome Back.. and dont go anywhere any more!!

Trouble maker was MALCOLMB, and i am the Victim.. its all good.

Hmm everyone is happy to have the divergence master back..but one thing to ring in ur head is u are trading at ur own risk....GJ is back up i am not thinking of short again so as the bias changed i am bull now...

sameer Jun 8, 2009 6:52pm | Post# 181288

I'm long from 157.6 with TP @ 163, will buy dips.
Today we had higher high, higher low, higher close and daily close is lower than DP.
i belive its going to go down till 156.xx

Raza Jun 8, 2009 6:56pm | Post# 181289

Hmm everyone is happy to have the divergence master back..but one thing to ring in ur head is u are trading at ur own risk....GJ is back up i am not thinking of short again so as the bias changed i am bull now...
My bias was and is... still up..159.17.. then.. 160xx for double top.. further 162- 163xx.. then down to test 151xx 150xx level.

Now it should not go below 156.63.. Imo

We have bullish divergence on 1 HR .. 15M.. by the way.. should take us to 158.58 minimun..

After Today I thought I wont post anymore.. but cant help it..I love Trading!!

I got introduced to the Concept of Divergence through LIL MOE.. but he uses CCI.. I use RSI. from now spotting Divergence will be Fun..

pino2 Jun 8, 2009 7:48pm | Post# 181290

My bias was and is... still up..159.17.. then.. 160xx for double top.. further 162- 163xx.. then down to test 151xx 150xx level.

Now it should not go below 156.63.. Imo

We have bullish divergence on 1 HR .. 15M.. by the way.. should take us to 158.58 minimun..

After Today I thought I wont post anymore.. but cant help it..I love Trading!!

I got introduced to the Concept of Divergence through LIL MOE.. but he uses CCI.. I use RSI. from now spotting Divergence will be Fun..
Yes I'll buy dips above 156.5 if we reach this area as long as we don't close below DP (hourly and 4hrs)
Daily and weekly pivot today are the same 157.34

Obaidah Jun 8, 2009 8:09pm | Post# 181291

I recall something Lillmoe wrote about divergence. I was impressed so I kept a copy:...
thats was an answer for a question i asked like 6 months ago right?

Piters Jun 8, 2009 8:11pm | Post# 181292

longs

lots'of resistance on top..

for longs.. you shoud buy lower the last entry at 157.80...

now.. we may bounce from here down to 153 or even lower...

janela Jun 8, 2009 8:12pm | Post# 181293

thats was an answer for a question i asked like 6 months ago right?
Could be. My saved date was 30 October 2008

Raza Jun 8, 2009 8:27pm | Post# 181294

lots'of resistance on top..

for longs.. you shoud buy lower the last entry at 157.80...

now.. we may bounce from here down to 153 or even lower...
153.00 would be a real good entry. if this things get there.. 15m is forming a Back to back reversal pattern..

BUY LOWER OR sELL FROM HIGH..whichever comes first.

pino2 Jun 8, 2009 8:28pm | Post# 181295

I closed my long trade @ 158.39, will buy at lower prices.

Raza Jun 8, 2009 8:35pm | Post# 181296

I closed my long trade @ 158.39, will buy at lower prices.
Me 2 e/u IS BEYOND ME TODAY...EVERY TIME i ENTER .. IT TAKES ME ON A DETOUR...

GodfreyH Jun 8, 2009 8:48pm | Post# 181297

Is the POB indicator in the attachments folder? If so, what is its name, I went back to March but could not find it ... or is this your "proprietary" indicator? You share a lot so I guess if you keep some stuff to yourself, we should not complain
Sorry, was away for awhile, you can download it from this post:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...stcount=177135

Piters Jun 8, 2009 8:58pm | Post# 181298

153.00 would be a real good entry. if this things get there.. 15m is forming a Back to back reversal pattern..

BUY LOWER OR sELL FROM HIGH..whichever comes first.
yes,

If you open Monthly chart, you 'll see that we are facing Monthly Gann resistance on GY and GU, same with UY
on weekly we have 50 ema on GU and GY..

Usually we get a nice bounce from these levels on daily equial to FIBs 382 first down to Fibs 62.

I know that we are in some "buying" shopping spree in this momnet, just to proove that there is no recesion at all.. but.. look.. S&P and DOW are still on same level Topping for a month there...

to break that levels on indexes and on pound pairs.. we need a deep breath, means.. Fibs 382 or even Fibs 618 on scale from 118 to 160

that is usual thing.. how market works. now the other thing is if SomeBody make a decition to make another Shopping on our market and spend his fresh printed papers..

If we take yesterday Low today.. then 153 down to 148 is possible.. but to not make a calls, just plot your fibs and play level by level..

that is my view.. Im not seeing Longs from here as we MAY reached TOP.. for now...

p.s. after the retrace.. the way to 168-187 is open...

malcolmb14 Jun 8, 2009 9:11pm | Post# 181299

hi

yes,

If you open Monthly chart, you 'll see that we are facing Monthly Gann resistance on GY and GU, same with UY
on weekly we have 50 ema on GU and GY..

Usually we get a nice bounce from these levels on daily equial to FIBs 382 first down to Fibs 62.

I know that we are in some "buying" shopping spree in this momnet, just to proove that there is no recesion at all.. but.. look.. S&P and DOW are still on same level Topping for a month there...

to break that levels on indexes and on pound pairs.. we need a deep breath, means.. Fibs 382...
Hi Piters

I am in agreement with you and am getting frustrated , seems every dip on the ES they just buy . GU daily looks set to be breaking down , but it now seems buy dips. Mind you we did not break Fridays high today YET

Piters Jun 8, 2009 9:23pm | Post# 181300

ooo yeah... she Behave AGAIN...

see. what I figured last few weeks/month is that actualy recesion is a mater of declaration.. see. we declare that we are not in reccesion anymore.. and everybody are happy.. Market rally, reports excellent, numbers the best in last 2Y.. realestates, building industries, Banks in shape as never before..everything is fine...

wasting our time and patience again.. and YES it is frustrating..

I agree.. but .. im on mission too..

© Forex Factory