Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Auslanco - GBP/JPY and GBP/USD (newstrade) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/40582-auslanco-gbpjpy-and-gbpusd-newstrade)

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 9:36pm | Post# 1

Auslanco - GBP/JPY and GBP/USD (newstrade)

1 Attachment(s)
Lets Discuss GBPJPY....
VT_Stop_Level_Reverse_System_Modified.zip

edkami Jul 28, 2007 9:42pm | Post# 2

new trader

thanks so much in helping us new traders!!! i need the help.

Tiki Trader Jul 28, 2007 9:46pm | Post# 3

Much Better Here

Auslanco !

Much better you have your thread here... you are much more clear here and no more confusion as to what you are all about...

Good luck to you in your thread !!

Tiki Trader

Sizzzlar Jul 28, 2007 10:08pm | Post# 4

Thanks

Hi Auslanco,

I was following the GBP/JPY thread throughout the week and I had to register just to say thanks for your advice...I made over 500pips this week because of you.

I hope that you continue to pass on as much knowledge of the market as possible (not just trade entries).

Thanks!

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:12pm | Post# 5

Today I decided to write about my trading startegy. Culdnt figure out where to start. It's not easy to summerize something which took me over 3 years to learn. I decided to explain my startegy on real market scenarios on this thread. Therefor I will give a GBP/JPY market analysis start of every session (Tokyo,London,NY). I may cut down on giving signals since I feel that most of the newbies follow the trade calls blindly and they will skip that most imporatnt learning curve of this pair. Hope everyone will enjoy this thread and learn .
Happy Trading.

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:13pm | Post# 6

thanks so much in helping us new traders!!! i need the help.
You are welcome edkami. I will try to help everyone as much as I could

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:15pm | Post# 7

Auslanco !

Much better you have your thread here... you are much more clear here and no more confusion as to what you are all about...

Good luck to you in your thread !!

Tiki Trader
Hi Tiki, I know there was a confusion last friday about GBP/USD tnewstrade call and that was one of the major reasons for me to start this thread. I look forward to have your experience posted on this thread.

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:17pm | Post# 8

Hi Auslanco,

I was following the GBP/JPY thread throughout the week and I had to register just to say thanks for your advice...I made over 500pips this week because of you.

I hope that you continue to pass on as much knowledge of the market as possible (not just trade entries).

Thanks!
Thats great Sizzzlar, We will do it again I will give a full market analysis of GBP/JPY @ the start of every session

Rustyyy Jul 28, 2007 10:19pm | Post# 9

Aussie new thread

Hello Auslanco
Good that you started your own thread.
I am now studying all the charts and posts from last week.
Trying to learn how you spotted the sharp downturn in GBP/JPY.

Your efforts are definetely appreciated. Just wish the "newbies" would
do the homework and learn how to trade effectively instead of trying to trade without learning how to trade.

Looking forward to learning more from you.

Thanks again

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:26pm | Post# 10

Hello Auslanco
Good that you started your own thread.
I am now studying all the charts and posts from last week.
Trying to learn how you spotted the sharp downturn in GBP/JPY.

Your efforts are definetely appreciated. Just wish the "newbies" would
do the homework and learn how to trade effectively instead of trying to trade without learning how to trade.

Looking forward to learning more from you.

Thanks again
Hi rustyy,,
Great to hear from you. hope you had a good weekend so far. I hope to see you here next week

kokanee Jul 28, 2007 10:30pm | Post# 11

Hi auslanco,

Great idea starting your own thread here. It helps re-enforcing the concept of sound Money Management - both to new traders like myself, and even to experienced traders.
I've always stuck with GBP/USD because it isn't as volatile as GBP/JPY - in fact, for the first little while I was too scared to even trade it! But like you said, the more attention to you pay to it - well, it goes with just about anything you do - the more you begin to see how it behaves.
Right now I trade on a mini-account with FXCM - I'm still a poor student so can't afford more But I do demo trade as well and am constantly playing on my demo account.
Like most people here I look forward to you going into your trading style - be it, the breakouts you mentioned, or even news trading.
Thanks for the patience you've shown here, it's nice to see someone with no ego involved, only trying to help others out.
And yes, there are a number of people on this forum with great insight - I hope they post in your thread as well.

kokanee

Bemac Jul 28, 2007 10:31pm | Post# 12

I'm looking forward to reading your calls without the Noise. Best O' British Luck to You auslanco. Go For It!

jules Jul 28, 2007 10:36pm | Post# 13

auslanco

thank you for continuing you education with us, i know it takes patience and generositiy.
I have downloaded vt trader charts and playing with the indicators you mentioned in the other thread. looking forward to understanding
j

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:50pm | Post# 14

Hi auslanco,

Great idea starting your own thread here. It helps re-enforcing the concept of sound Money Management - both to new traders like myself, and even to experienced traders.
I've always stuck with GBP/USD because it isn't as volatile as GBP/JPY - in fact, for the first little while I was too scared to even trade it! But like you said, the more attention to you pay to it - well, it goes with just about anything you do - the more you begin to see how it behaves.
Right now I trade on a mini-account with FXCM - I'm still a poor student so can't afford more But I do demo trade as well and am constantly playing on my demo account.
Like most people here I look forward to you going into your trading style - be it, the breakouts you mentioned, or even news trading.
Thanks for the patience you've shown here, it's nice to see someone with no ego involved, only trying to help others out.
And yes, there are a number of people on this forum with great insight - I hope they post in your thread as well.

kokanee
Thanks kokanee, Hope to see you on this thread often.

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:51pm | Post# 15

I'm looking forward to reading your calls without the Noise. Best O' British Luck to You auslanco. Go For It!
Thanks Bemac, Hope you will keep posting your insights so we all can benefit from your expereince.

auslanco Jul 28, 2007 10:54pm | Post# 16

auslanco

thank you for continuing you education with us, i know it takes patience and generositiy.
I have downloaded vt trader charts and playing with the indicators you mentioned in the other thread. looking forward to understanding
j
Hi jules VT is great charts to learn . Not only it's free for life, it's very easy to use and loaded with some great indicators & features

newjersey24 Jul 28, 2007 11:01pm | Post# 17

Hey Aussie,

Reading through all those great posting last week. I printed out all the posts and read about half so far.

I still a bit confused on the Momentum Inidcator.
I know you stated used the Momentum when there is enough Volume, otherwise it can give false movements.

But if Momentum is up, is it Bullish? Momentum down Berarish?
Or is it the Momentum increasing/slowing?

Is there a break point number like 50 on RSI, that you use on Momentum?

One more question the 5 SMA? is this simple moving average on closed parameter? I'm having a hard time seeing what you see on this.

Venturess Jul 28, 2007 11:06pm | Post# 18

Great to be here Auslanco. Looking forward to learning from you.

Also opened an FXCM account and wanted to know how to set it up for auto trading and your signals.

Thank you
Venturess

Que Jul 28, 2007 11:09pm | Post# 19

Auslanco,

Thanks for sharing your information with us. I have taken my time to develop my own MM stratagey and it has been working for me. What has not been working for me is trying to guess the peaks and valleys of every trade. It is a dumb way to trade, and I am taking that out of my mind.

What it comes down to is "Is taking 50 pips off a 200 pip move bad?".

I sat down last night and realized that any pips made are good. No need to try and go for every pip on every move, as it will do nothing but empty my account.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning about your stratagey on the GBPJPY.

Que Jul 28, 2007 11:11pm | Post# 20

Great to be here Auslanco. Looking forward to learning from you.

Also opened an FXCM account and wanted to know how to set it up for auto trading and your signals.

Thank you
Venturess

© Forex Factory