Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Ratios & Harmonics: a Different Way to Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=402253)

liemo Sep 6, 2018 8:07am | Post# 42941

1 Attachment(s)
As there was too much strength into area of demand, I didnt enter long on the long blue bar. Lets see how price action develops from here.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20180905D.PNG
Size: 89 KB

liemo Sep 6, 2018 8:16am | Post# 42942

1 Attachment(s)
As there was too much strength into area of demand, I didnt enter long on the long blue bar. Lets see how price action develops from here. {image}
BYE BYE PRICE....cant get them all...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20180905E.PNG
Size: 83 KB

Eyesonthepip Sep 6, 2018 10:27am | Post# 42943

funny how price movement always picks up the moment i enter. in the wrong direction that is.

JeremyV Sep 6, 2018 10:35am | Post# 42944

funny how price movement always picks up the moment i enter. in the wrong direction that is.
That's how the market works. Whip-sawing until everybody is out of the trade, only to get back to the same price

6288monkey Sep 6, 2018 2:09pm | Post# 42945

3 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_0414.PNG
Size: 217 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: IMG_0415.PNG
Size: 183 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: IMG_0417.PNG
Size: 199 KB

Sheeep44 Sep 6, 2018 4:08pm | Post# 42946

1 Attachment(s)
If you win more trades than you lose trades, and when you win you win more than you lose, and you test your system with over 300/400+ trades, the only thing standing between you and your goals is the 6 inches between your ears. Lets finish the week of strong!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD (89 Tick) 2018_09_06.png
Size: 49 KB

6288monkey Sep 6, 2018 6:40pm | Post# 42947

If you win more trades than you lose trades, and when you win you win more than you lose, and you test your system with over 300/400+ trades, the only thing standing between you and your goals is the 6 inches between your ears. Lets finish the week of strong! {image}
The second swing you draw was already a failure and expect NSL?

x3m-PippiN Sep 7, 2018 10:11am | Post# 42948

1 Attachment(s)
+24 ticks on ES 4181 volume chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 74 KB

liemo Sep 7, 2018 10:22am | Post# 42949

1 Attachment(s)
lets see if price will come back up to the area of confluence for a short opportunity....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20180907A.PNG
Size: 84 KB

PeterT Sep 7, 2018 10:43am | Post# 42950

1 Attachment(s)
Hello fellow traders! Back from the depths of hell
US30 long (CFD version of YM)
Using previous strong buying area (grey)
green cucumber was target area because of confluence:
- previous selling area (blue)
- golden zone
- downward trendline
+47 points
(first trade was a short test and is to be ignored)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 110 KB

evocpr19 Sep 7, 2018 11:06am | Post# 42951

Hello fellow traders! Back from the depths of hell US30 long (CFD version of YM) Using previous strong buying area (grey) green cucumber was target area because of confluence: - previous selling area (blue) - golden zone - downward trendline +47 points (first trade was a short test and is to be ignored) {image}
Congrats and happy to see you again. I will not have the time to trade today.

Wish all good trades.

Sip Sep 7, 2018 12:11pm | Post# 42952

This Week (eurusd) M1
7 Trade(+121)
3 wins +35, +53, +61
1 BE
3 losses -7, -5 , -17

JayTrader Sep 7, 2018 12:33pm | Post# 42953

1 Attachment(s)
Trades I took today. Market had me in Pain most of the morning, and could not take any of the higher Rotations because i was maxed out on risk because the main swing I was trading was so big, so was along for the ride until expectation played out. Thankfully work out in my favor with +127 and done for the day. Hope you all have a nice weekend
Click to Enlarge

Name: 97.jpg
Size: 231 KB

bmdenton23 Sep 7, 2018 2:07pm | Post# 42954

1 Attachment(s)
+92 and +56
Click to Enlarge

Size: 154 KB

liemo Sep 7, 2018 4:50pm | Post# 42955

1 Attachment(s)
lets see if price will come back up to the area of confluence for a short opportunity.... {image}
Price fell short of structure and reversal so didnt enter the trade.

Have a great weekend fellow traders....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20180907B.PNG
Size: 96 KB

DizzleFX Sep 7, 2018 5:55pm | Post# 42956

1 Attachment(s)
Todays trade was short EURUSD. Price made a NSL, waited for price to hit an area of structure. It gave a pretty impressive rotation candle so I entered. I rode the pain train for a little on this one. I wasn't around when price hit the one to one so I closed the trade considering it was late afternoon on a Friday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd.png
Size: 76 KB

DizzleFX Sep 7, 2018 6:13pm | Post# 42957

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Price fell short of structure and reversal so didnt enter the trade. Have a great weekend fellow traders.... {image}
liemo, I saw it setting up as I was on the pain train, but here is my view on it. It almost perfectly completed a 1:1 and gave a really good rotation candle on both of our charts in an area were in the past the sellers put in some effort to sell. Considering that it touched the 127 pretty much validates it for me. The only thing the buyers had going for them was the momentum on there last push up.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd.png
Size: 64 KB

liemo Sep 7, 2018 7:35pm | Post# 42958

Todays trade was short EURUSD. Price made a NSL, waited for price to hit an area of structure. It gave a pretty impressive rotation candle so I entered. I rode the pain train for a little on this one. I wasn't around when price hit the one to one so I closed the trade considering it was late afternoon on a Friday. {image}
I agree with your analogy and entry. I would have done the same if I had jumped on the computer earlier too.

When you step away from the desk, do you use a limit order to set your target as it would have been optimal in this trade?

Normally, I try to be at the computer to manage and manually close trades. I admit im a culprit sometimes when I step out for a bit I would setup SL to move to BE and hope price to keep moving the that direction. haha..

liemo Sep 7, 2018 7:52pm | Post# 42959

{quote} liemo, I saw it setting up as I was on the pain train, but here is my view on it. It almost perfectly completed a 1:1 and gave a really good rotation candle on both of our charts in an area were in the past the sellers put in some effort to sell. Considering that it touched the 127 pretty much validates it for me. The only thing the buyers had going for them was the momentum on there last push up. {image}
Agreed.I was a bit hesitant because the strength of the last drive and it took 3 candles before the sellers decided to come in. Usually, I like to see price hit structure to have more confluence as well. So I was really unsure and decided to stay out and see how price pans out. Rather be out of a trade than be in a trade wishing you were out.
Appreciate the constructive feedback Drizzle. Please keep them coming as Im still learning and refining my rules. Cheers

DizzleFX Sep 7, 2018 8:09pm | Post# 42960

{quote} I agree with your analogy and entry. I would have done the same if I had jumped on the computer earlier too. When you step away from the desk, do you use a limit order to set your target as it would have been optimal in this trade? Normally, I try to be at the computer to manage and manually close trades. I admit im a culprit sometimes when I step out for a bit I would setup SL to move to BE and hope price to keep moving the that direction. haha..
My preferred method is to be in front of the computer and manage the trade and I always set a SL and TP. I actually took the day off today but around 11:15 I answered my phone, big mistake, and my job needed me to come in and at that point I forgot about the trade and that I had my TP way below the 1:1. Hopefully in the future, a day job won't interfere with my trading.

Over the course of the summer, I would place a trade before work, follow price from a app on my phone and call my son to manage my SL and TP or to close the trade from my home computer. lol! Gotta do, what you gotta do!

© Forex Factory