Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Ratios & Harmonics: a Different Way to Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=402253)

Victor_Lin Aug 1, 2017 1:05pm | Post# 30781

1 Attachment(s)
it's time to sleep.
close position at BE+2
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20170801_7.PNG
Size: 112 KB

x3m-PippiN Aug 1, 2017 1:11pm | Post# 30782

1 Attachment(s)
+21 on YM
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 90 KB

vqtrader Aug 1, 2017 3:07pm | Post# 30783

1 Attachment(s)
Long term view for me: Long

longterm and intraday are up

waiting for short term to agree

take care
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.10.jpg
Size: 181 KB

PipTrendz Aug 1, 2017 3:57pm | Post# 30784

1 Attachment(s)
Not so pretty for me today.

So I entered long as the market seemed to slow when the bears were fighting price down (weak bear momentum). We had just had a NSH on the short term and my expectation was for price to go up. There was also some short term structure to the left which strengthened my reasons for entry. I trade a spread betting account so have a spread to deal with.

Loss of 20 pips here.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 176 KB

My main error here was that it was only a weak NSH which would mean a larger correction of so I should have been looking for entries between 76-100. This expectation should have been strengthened by the previous swing having a large correction. I also should have placed my stop at 21888 below the last swing.

PeterT Aug 1, 2017 4:20pm | Post# 30785

2 Attachment(s)
Results today
USDJPY +27 pips (on double of yesterday's lot size so sure compensates for the loss yesterday)
YM -12 +14 -17 total -15 points

Click to Enlarge

Size: 126 KB

Click to Enlarge

Size: 129 KB

PeterT Aug 1, 2017 4:37pm | Post# 30786

Not so pretty for me today. So I entered long as the market seemed to slow when the bears were fighting price down (weak bear momentum). We had just had a NSH on the short term and my expectation was for price to go up. There was also some short term structure to the left which strengthened my reasons for entry. I trade a spread betting account so have a spread to deal with. Loss of 20 pips here. {image} My main error here was that it was only a weak NSH which would mean a larger correction of so I should have been looking for entries between 76-100....
I had the same reasons for entering.
After the new NSH there was a deep correction. Bulls crawled all the way up and made a NSH. It was a small NSH, but that was to be expected because the previous correction was deep. Then I was expecting a medium to deep correction, followed by a NSH, which was the expectation. Bear momentum was weaker than the previous leg down so I felt confident that we would get that NSH. I entered at 61.8 after rotation but price corrected deeper. SL was below the previous NSL and was hit eventually. Although now I see that I didn't see a little wick so my SL was a little too high. But even if it was a few points lower it probably would have been hit.

I don't see anything wrong with the entry (edit: maybe yours was a bit early so you had worse price). Edit: The right SL placement as I see it was below 891. Edit: SL placement was the key factor, certainly in my case.
Because at the moment price is shooting up after taking out my SL
Keep smiling.. always keep smiling...

vqtrader Aug 1, 2017 5:04pm | Post# 30787

1 Attachment(s)
everything has lined up now waiting on correction to my AOI with good rotation
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.12.jpg
Size: 221 KB

vqtrader Aug 1, 2017 6:04pm | Post# 30788

2 Attachment(s)
hit last target(target 5) a second ago then a rejection to the upside. I am all out of tricks
Name:  screenshot.15.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  24 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.14.jpg
Size: 208 KB

PipTrendz Aug 1, 2017 6:12pm | Post# 30789

hit last target(target 5) a second ago then a rejection to the upside. I am all out of tricks {image} {image}
Just seen that spike, all happened in 2-3 seconds!! Looks like some big players robot went a bit crazy

vqtrader Aug 1, 2017 7:12pm | Post# 30790

2 Attachment(s)
It was nice to relax and look at charts today. got out of work early. I am off tomorrow maybe I can get some trading in. Will be hanging with the wife so I doubt it. Last chart. D(NSH) has not completed yet so it anybody's bet. If confirmed likely correction is back to 21640 ZZ, so I will only look for shorts to this area. Have to be cautious as the bulls control the game right now. I am looking for a good complex correction or range and then a change of hands to the down side below 21885. At current prices that 245T to the downside.

Let's see how it shakes out
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.17.jpg
Size: 202 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.19.jpg
Size: 133 KB

kelvinyun Aug 1, 2017 9:26pm | Post# 30791

2 Attachment(s)
EURUSD: Wait for it to retrace to 618. That's also the area where the strong swing up started. Should prove a strong support area.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD.JPG
Size: 78 KB

USDJPY: Not much. waiting for the trade to pan out.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY.JPG
Size: 102 KB

brrand Aug 1, 2017 11:44pm | Post# 30792

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 22-27-38.png
Size: 207 KB

Hello fellow traders, is my expectation in the attached picture right - [the blue line (showing a test of the NSH)]. May be it is not as straight forward but we expect a deep pull back as we are at structure.

OR
the short term and immediate order flow has more weightage. Theoretically, we have a NSL as the C is below the previous pullback. (horizontal Yellow bold Line).

Thanks

beyondream20 Aug 2, 2017 12:02am | Post# 30793

{image} Hello fellow traders, is my expectation in the attached picture right - [the blue line (showing a test of the NSH)]. May be it is not as straight forward but we expect a deep pull back as we are at structure. OR the short term and immediate order flow has more weightage. Theoretically, we have a NSL as the C is below the previous pullback. (horizontal Yellow bold Line). Thanks
Thanks for sharing.

kelvinyun Aug 2, 2017 12:49am | Post# 30794

{image} Hello fellow traders, is my expectation in the attached picture right - [the blue line (showing a test of the NSH)]. May be it is not as straight forward but we expect a deep pull back as we are at structure. OR the short term and immediate order flow has more weightage. Theoretically, we have a NSL as the C is below the previous pullback. (horizontal Yellow bold Line). Thanks
Not a bad area to enter trade.

Your SL will have to be 0.786

x3m-PippiN Aug 2, 2017 2:07am | Post# 30795

Results today USDJPY +27 pips (on double of yesterday's lot size so sure compensates for the loss yesterday) YM -12 +14 -17 total -15 points {image} {image}
PeterT do you have an overall statistic on your YM performance? I mean average profit/loss per day/week ? I'm just curious because IMO you are a bit overtrading but that might not be a bad thing necessarily.
As a whole I think that most of the guys on the discord channel are a bit aggressive with entries but again ..that might not be a bad thing. It might be the fact that I don't like being constantly in and out of trades.

RajD Aug 2, 2017 2:41am | Post# 30796

2 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Analysis

Intraday: NSH
- Market made a NSH at 4:45 GMT Time and it must have reached it's exhaustion point since its in correction from there
- It also completed a 3 harmonic pattern to the NSH
Expectation: Price to come to the blue region which would be between a 50 and 61.8 Fib of that particular bull swing. If it reaches that area with the 3 SOS signals completed, i will take the trade long

Long Term: NSL
- Market is correcting from the NSL swing between 111.69 and 109.98
- If the intraday NSH reaches the blue region, i expect to exhaust there. It would complete right below the 78.6 region of the swing i discussed above. The blue structure is a very important structure and a lot of trading took place in the past in that region.
Expectation: Intraday price to complete in that region. 3 SOS signals will hopefully complete, if not, then SOS 2 for sure. It is in my best R:R ratio and will go for the short there. Will look for that rotating candle
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 5m.JPG
Size: 117 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 15m.JPG
Size: 113 KB

PeterT Aug 2, 2017 4:17am | Post# 30797

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} PeterT do you have an overall statistic on your YM performance? I mean average profit/loss per day/week ? I'm just curious because IMO you are a bit overtrading but that might not be a bad thing necessarily. As a whole I think that most of the guys on the discord channel are a bit aggressive with entries but again ..that might not be a bad thing. It might be the fact that I don't like being constantly in and out of trades.
These are the results of last month. I don't have previous data because I did a reset of my (demo) account when I changed approach (clean chart, basic tools, only Mr. Pip rules, and no crazy emotion stuff).
Although not profitable, the results have improved. There are a few losing trades that I know could have been avoided. If I try to avoid obviously wrong entries, I think I'm on my way to be profitable.
Also, there are a few trades that I entered, then felt I was breaking rules, and exited immediately or shortly after. So those are also in the # of trades.
Might also add to the impression of overtrading.

I don't know how to interpret the trade analysis results in detail yet.
Thanks for any insight in this matter.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 86 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 143 KB

Luni Aug 2, 2017 4:56am | Post# 30798

Hello everyone, i just discovered Mr.Pips youtube channel recently and then found about this thread. I'm binge watching all his videos and trying to absorb all the information while practicing on demo account and market replaying on old charts.

What i want to ask you guys is,is there any othere beneficial information on this topic that is not presented in the videos ? Or anything else informative posted by other users.

As you may imagine reading a thread with 1500+ pages will be a huge time consuming thing to do and im wondering if i should spend that time working on charts instead.

Thanks in advance.

PeterT Aug 2, 2017 5:06am | Post# 30799

USDJPY Analysis Intraday: NSH - Market made a NSH at 4:45 GMT Time and it must have reached it's exhaustion point since its in correction from there - It also completed a 3 harmonic pattern to the NSH Expectation: Price to come to the blue region which would be between a 50 and 61.8 Fib of that particular bull swing. If it reaches that area with the 3 SOS signals completed, i will take the trade long Long Term: NSL - Market is correcting from the NSL swing between 111.69 and 109.98 - If the intraday NSH reaches the blue region, i expect to exhaust...
Looking good RajD.
For the long term I'm using the swing starting from 112.18. Reason is that it is the LH after the last long term NSL.
The way I look at it, 111.69 is an intermediate correction.

Might be interesting for you to also join the Discord chat, if you're not already a member. There's also a channel for discussing USDJPY and EURUSD. See the link below.

This link should never expire : https://discord.gg/7CKNXD2

RajD Aug 2, 2017 5:31am | Post# 30800

2 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Analysis Intraday: NSH - Market made a NSH at 4:45 GMT Time and it must have reached it's exhaustion point since its in correction from there - It also completed a 3 harmonic pattern to the NSH Expectation: Price to come to the blue region which would be between a 50 and 61.8 Fib of that particular bull swing. If it reaches that area with the 3 SOS signals completed, i will take the trade long Long Term: NSL - Market is correcting from the NSL swing between 111.69 and 109.98 - If the intraday NSH reaches the blue region, i expect to exhaust...

- There is a shorter swing that I've ignored and it is a clear swing on my 5 min chart and in the golden zone (61.8 Fib area)
- Price is currently farting around it's 61.8 Fib range. If it continues to hang out there for the next 3 hours, my expectation would make it the ideal point to go short then itself since it is at 61.8 Fib zone, there is good structure there and the bulls are trying their to get past it for way too long and accumulating and a harmonic completion took place there as well so SOS 3 complete

Lets see
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 5m(2).JPG
Size: 124 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 15m(2).JPG
Size: 110 KB

© Forex Factory