Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Ratios & Harmonics: a Different Way to Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=402253)

Rush2112 Oct 9, 2019 11:21am | Post# 48661

1 Attachment(s)
BE +5, already reached 38.2 of AD leg...

Click to Enlarge

Name: Update 26219 Entry.PNG
Size: 87 KB

Rush2112 Oct 9, 2019 11:42am | Post# 48662

1 Attachment(s)
618 achieved, now trailing on structure

Click to Enlarge

Name: Update 1 - 26219 Entry.PNG
Size: 89 KB

bmdenton23 Oct 9, 2019 11:46am | Post# 48663

1 Attachment(s)
1 trade for +60
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 180 KB

Rush2112 Oct 9, 2019 11:53am | Post# 48664

1 Attachment(s)
Two trades on YM today. On the last trade, once we interacted with the high of the day, trailed on decision candle. +102 today.

Click to Enlarge

Name: YM October 9.PNG
Size: 83 KB

FiftyFibFX Oct 9, 2019 1:01pm | Post# 48665

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have a risk reward ruler/tool for NT8 they can share that works similar to the Trading View tool? NT8 risk reward ruler is horrible. The attached tool/indicator comes close to the trading view tool but the labeling is not great and the colored text oblong boxes obscure price bars. If it would have line labels rather than the colored oblong text boxes it would be perfect.
971615035062648849.zip

bmdenton23 Oct 9, 2019 2:19pm | Post# 48666

1 Attachment(s)
Nice options setting up on the YM. On the longer term we have a bearish Gartley possibly setting up with approx 140 risk vs 240+ reward.
On the more immediate we have both a BAT and a Crab setup with both AOIs in great structural areas for longs.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 157 KB

FiftyFibFX Oct 9, 2019 2:28pm | Post# 48667

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have a risk reward ruler/tool for NT8 they can share that works similar to the Trading View tool? NT8 risk reward ruler is horrible. The attached tool/indicator comes close to the trading view tool but the labeling is not great and the colored text oblong boxes obscure price bars. If it would have line labels rather than the colored oblong text boxes it would be perfect. {file}

Sorry wrong script uploaded. Attached is the one I meant to upload. Shows up in tool menu under Long Position and Short Position
RiskRewardDrawingTools.zip

Pair-me-up Oct 9, 2019 2:58pm | Post# 48668

I gave back way too many points from what I got yesterday. Lots of fed jibber jabber today.

tp0440 Oct 9, 2019 6:30pm | Post# 48669

1 Attachment(s)
Huh... this time it was close. I suspected the move up was temporary, but honestly... without news, it'd take me out.
Some luck doesn't hurt, but NEVER rely on it!!

Anyway, I was cautious and entered on gaming account only. Regretably (saying this now is easy...). To tell you the truth, I'm really glad I got out of this one.

But in the end, another +165.

I was not all the time arround, so TP took me out before I could even react (and move TP to trailing or lower). I don't mind as both move up and down were news inspired. Which makes it confusing to determine real direction, hence it'd even more dangerous to trade ATM. But as it looks, we'll see a bigger dip down.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 98 KB

FiftyFibFX Oct 9, 2019 6:35pm | Post# 48670

1 Attachment(s)
Handy little Tool. Draws a horizontal Ray line to the right of wherever you drop it. Nice to draw a line from point of origin to right side of chart without having to line it up.
HorizontalRay.zip

FiftyFibFX Oct 9, 2019 6:54pm | Post# 48671

Oh oh, Chinese Trade Delegation may be returning to China a day early. Not good news for the market. Apparently they're refusing to talk about forced technology transfers which is biggest grievance U.S. has with China. Market structure of Index futures are aligned to the downside on H1, looking at poke out of last weeks lows if current narrative doesn't change. Trump tweeted everything going well earlier this evening, but his tweets are being received with less enthusiasm concerning this trade deal. Unless there's a change, direction of least resistance is to the downside. I may be up in London tonight. Scratch that, I might not go to sleep tonight

tp0440 Oct 9, 2019 7:13pm | Post# 48672

1 Attachment(s)
Oh oh, Chinese Trade Delegation may be returning to China a day early. Not good news for the market. Apparently they're refusing to talk about forced technology transfers which is biggest grievance U.S. has with China. Market structure of Index futures are aligned to the downside on H1, looking at poke out of last weeks lows if current narrative doesn't change. Trump tweeted everything going well earlier this evening, but his tweets are being received with less enthusiasm concerning this trade deal. Unless there's a change, direction of least resistance...
Over the years, I decided not to put to much attention on news. I don't ignore them, don't get me wrong. They definitelly move the market, but mostly as disruption.

For me, it was H4 screaming for a lot of hours this might happen. Multiple S&R level help also.

BUT, right now I'm not ready to re-enter. New inspired moves tend to retaliate. So... bed time for me. Ther's always tommorrow.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 75 KB

FXcreeper Oct 9, 2019 9:39pm | Post# 48673

Handy little Tool. Draws a horizontal Ray line to the right of wherever you drop it. Nice to draw a line from point of origin to right side of chart without having to line it up. {file}
This is for ninja trader right? do you know anything for Mt4?

thanks

FiftyFibFX Oct 9, 2019 10:15pm | Post# 48674

Look in the MT4 marketplace for an indicator called "Make it Horizontal". It's free and snaps any trend line to horizontal. In fact any drawing to horizontal so make sure you've got the trend line you want to snap to horizontal highlighted. As close as you can come to the NT8 drawing tool

tp0440 Oct 10, 2019 6:20am | Post# 48675

1 Attachment(s)
As suspected, we had swift retaliation and price returned up. Should of traded it, but to much screen time bring trader nowhere in the long run. Sleep is essential.

Due to confusion with indices:
- h4 down
- short term TFs up
- fundamentals neutral to up
- news up, down, up
I'm a bit reluctant to trade indices right now.

Well, I did, out of boredom, enter GBPUSD long. I was choosing between EURUSD and GBPUSD. Latter gave me better risk:reward, so I took it.. not the best choice as it turned out. Another issue... PB took me out at +10. For 0.5 pip. On top, next dip would also take me out for 2-3 pips, TP was 65 though.

I just HATE it when it takes me out for 0.5 pips.

I might call it a day and a week, which was overall phenomenal. So green pips to all!

BR
Click to Enlarge

Size: 19 KB

steos Oct 10, 2019 7:03am | Post# 48676

Hello Traders Iím sick fighting a cold and will not be doing the live stream. Too much coughs and crap. Sorry to disappoint!
get well soon and all the best!

Dropplan Oct 10, 2019 8:43am | Post# 48677

Strategy For Today, Tomorrow , Forever....

1. A Small Win
2. A Small Loss
3. A Big Win
4. Break even

Rush2112 Oct 10, 2019 9:25am | Post# 48678

1 Attachment(s)
Chart to start the morning. Big initial move down yesterday evening. However, more immediate order flow is making a series of higher lows and weak NSH's.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Opening Chart - Oct 10.PNG
Size: 96 KB

Rush2112 Oct 10, 2019 11:14am | Post# 48679

Tough market today. Price is going straight up with no correction. Good day to stay on the sideline...

Pair-me-up Oct 10, 2019 11:16am | Post# 48680

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I lost - 100 points on the MYM.

Today, I entered 1 contract and then added to a winner.

My loss from yesterday is gone and I have some points locked in.
Click to Enlarge

Name: MYM 12-19 (233 Tick).png
Size: 42 KB

© Forex Factory