Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Ratios & Harmonics: a Different Way to Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=402253)

deachne Feb 11, 2019 11:22pm | Post# 44661

5 trades -34, +1, +45, +20, +1 {image} {image}
I think you would have to be happy with that! Good for you to come back strong after down 34.

deachne Feb 11, 2019 11:24pm | Post# 44662

{quote} Well, that depend more on your accuracy and tolerance. I'm happy with the YM because it moves for the most part very nicely. The ES is a much bigger volume instrument and the leverage is grater. We tie up $500 per contract on either, the YM is $5.00 per tick and the ES is $12.50 so you see the ES gives way more bang for your buck but if you are not on your game that can hurt you faster than it can help you.
Thanks for the help

Flyboy1966 Feb 12, 2019 2:48am | Post# 44663

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Mr. Pip.... Just ran across your method a week or two ago and have watched the lessons 1 thru 9, some 2 or 3 times. I'm still working on getting it... lol's.
I am wondering if I'm seeing this correctly, is breaking the HL qualifying the expectation of NSL?Click to Enlarge

Name: YM 2019.02.12.PNG
Size: 97 KB

Flyboy1966 Feb 12, 2019 3:03am | Post# 44664

1 Attachment(s)
I think I discovered my mistake.... not a proper correction ....
Click to Enlarge

Name: YM 2019.02.12.02.PNG
Size: 55 KB

Gak Feb 12, 2019 6:20am | Post# 44665

1 Attachment(s)
@Mr. Pip Mr. Castilla, I was wondering what Futures contract gives a trader the most value. If I am going to get used to only one symbol it may as well be the one that gives the biggest bang for the buck!
Hi deachne

I see that Mr Pip has already replied, but here is a spreadsheet also giving some additional information. I extracted the hourly bars 100 days back for YM, NQ and ES. I then calculated the tick range for each bar per instrument and plotted this in a histogram. Unless I have made any mistakes you can see that the most bang for the buck is in the NQ, followed by ES and then the YM.

As Mr Pip says - it depends on your your accuracy and tolerance. The most money is not necessarily made with the highest volatility instrument - it is the consistent execution of a positive expectancy trading method - and then especially the appropriate money management method (sizing) that makes the difference.

I hope it helps.
1 hour bar volatility study YM NQ ES.xlsx

NNtrader Feb 12, 2019 8:00am | Post# 44666

2 Attachment(s)
Plus 42 yesterday, all simulated.
But too many trades.
My shorts typically out perform my longs, not just yesterday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 6 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 11Feb19.jpg
Size: 172 KB

Mr. Pip Feb 12, 2019 9:22am | Post# 44667

I think I discovered my mistake.... not a proper correction .... {image}
Yes, qualify the correction and that will keep you on the right path.

pradlal Feb 12, 2019 11:05am | Post# 44668

1 Attachment(s)
Today's YM:
Trade 1: Trading the immediate orderflow.
Trade 2: Stopped out at BE, but completed expectation.
Trade 3: Intermediate orderflow. Exited early, need to stick to the trailing on decision candle plan.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 19-02-13 YM.PNG
Size: 77 KB

deachne Feb 12, 2019 11:24am | Post# 44669

{quote} Hi deachne I see that Mr Pip has already replied, but here is a spreadsheet also giving some additional information. I extracted the hourly bars 100 days back for YM, NQ and ES. I then calculated the tick range for each bar per instrument and plotted this in a histogram. Unless I have made any mistakes you can see that the most bang for the buck is in the NQ, followed by ES and then the YM. As Mr Pip says - it depends on your your accuracy and tolerance. The most money is not necessarily made with the highest volatility instrument - it is...
Fantastic thank you.

x3m-PippiN Feb 12, 2019 11:34am | Post# 44670

2 Attachment(s)
I'm trading the ES again for the last three weeks.. today's trade is based on the expectation of a NSH and the AOI is the demand zone (green rectangle) which is confirmed by the liquidity (blue lines on the black chart) and bid/ask imbalance (red circles) on the Jigsaw tools (DOM + auction vista). Stop was just below the demand zone instead of the swing low.
Risk was 11 ticks with a 30 tick reward which is a R:R of 1:2.7

I'm posting this to show how I'm using Damian's method to fit it more to my personality. I hate wide stops so I'm using this way to minimize my loss and maximize my R:R and entry accuracy. I'm still working on exiting ... in today's example I used the 1:1 completion as a profit target. Sometimes I use an opposing supply/demand zone.

If someone is interested more in this way of trading (using real orderflow) I suggest looking up Rocky's thread. I hope this doesn't come off as advertising or being disrespectful to Damian. I just want to help others that have struggled like me to "find their groove" and what better way than to learn from my two favorite teachers Mr.Pip and Rocky.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 109 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 259 KB

bmdenton23 Feb 12, 2019 11:55am | Post# 44671

1 Attachment(s)
1x trade today for +15. Exited early on weakness/rotation against, ended up leaving points on the table.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 120 KB

Pair-me-up Feb 12, 2019 7:46pm | Post# 44672

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am still long on my little position trade. So far so good. Be careful with any counter trend trade. {image} {image}
This will be my fourth week holding this positions. And boy it is really helping me to see a few new things that I didn't notice before. First it is teaching me that patience can really pay off. And that having a strong conviction / expectation with the stronger order flow can open up great opportunities on the smaller order flows when you have more confidence that the market will continue strongly in one direction or the other. This will also allow me to have a good understanding where I can take advantage of counter trend trades on the smaller order flow with less worry.
Click to Enlarge

Name: YM 03-19 (240 Minute).png
Size: 100 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NQ 03-19 (240 Minute).png
Size: 98 KB

Pair-me-up Feb 13, 2019 10:46am | Post# 44673

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} This will be my fourth week holding this positions. And boy it is really helping me to see a few new things that I didn't notice before. First it is teaching me that patience can really pay off. And that having a strong conviction / expectation with the stronger order flow can open up great opportunities on the smaller order flows when you have more confidence that the market will continue strongly in one direction or the other. This will also allow me to have a good understanding where I can take advantage of counter trend trades on the...
Alright... I decided to finally move my stops closer to the price action as it is getting closer to my take profit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: YM 03-19 (240 Minute).png
Size: 86 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NQ 03-19 (240 Minute).png
Size: 92 KB

bmdenton23 Feb 13, 2019 11:43am | Post# 44674

1 Attachment(s)
Probably got a little bit lucky today.
1 trade = +47.

I took the long on the bigger swing, it wasn't a great entry, price eventually went in my favor but the bulls were showing weakness. Price retraced back to my entry and rotated hard in my favor such that my poor entry on the big swing became an excellent entry for the smaller swing. So I moved my stop loss and played the smaller swing. Of course the problem with doing this sort of thing is the fact that i probably wouldn't have done this sort of thing if i had been in a losing position so i don't recommend it though it worked out well for me today.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 126 KB

andy.marvel Feb 13, 2019 1:00pm | Post# 44675

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think about this Cypher on GBP/CHF M30 ?
Click to Enlarge

Size: 508 KB

evocpr19 Feb 13, 2019 2:44pm | Post# 44676

2 Attachment(s)
Probably got a little bit lucky today. 1 trade = +47. I took the long on the bigger swing, it wasn't a great entry, price eventually went in my favor but the bulls were showing weakness. Price retraced back to my entry and rotated hard in my favor such that my poor entry on the big swing became an excellent entry for the smaller swing. So I moved my stop loss and played the smaller swing. Of course the problem with doing this sort of thing is the fact that i probably wouldn't have done this sort of thing if i had been in a losing position so i don't...
Was not so lucky on YM (first chart). When reviewing the trade, it was a stupid one.

NQ worked much better. Second trade, got taken out by a damm wick. Expected target would have been easily achieved.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1aa.jpg
Size: 331 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1a.jpg
Size: 367 KB

bmdenton23 Feb 13, 2019 3:41pm | Post# 44677

{quote} Was not so lucky on YM (first chart). When reviewing the trade, it was a stupid one. NQ worked much better. Second trade, got taken out by a damm wick. Expected target would have been easily achieved. {image} {image}
First NQ trade you added a 3rd pos where everyone else would've been taken out BE. Nice.

Pair-me-up Feb 13, 2019 8:27pm | Post# 44678

{quote} Alright... I decided to finally move my stops closer to the price action as it is getting closer to my take profit. {image} {image}
Out of my NQ trade at 7007.00

NNtrader Feb 14, 2019 1:07am | Post# 44679

2 Attachment(s)
+41 point on YM today
Not a big day but with 3 wins and 3 loses the PF came out to 2.21
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 5 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 13Feb19.jpg
Size: 202 KB

NNtrader Feb 14, 2019 10:20am | Post# 44680