Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Ratios & Harmonics: a Different Way to Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=402253)

PeterT Aug 2, 2017 5:34am | Post# 30801

Hello everyone, i just discovered Mr.Pips youtube channel recently and then found about this thread. I'm binge watching all his videos and trying to absorb all the information while practicing on demo account and market replaying on old charts. What i want to ask you guys is,is there any othere beneficial information on this topic that is not presented in the videos ? Or anything else informative posted by other users. As you may imagine reading a thread with 1500+ pages will be a huge time consuming thing to do and im wondering if i should spend...
Hey Luni

When you have seen and re-seen and studied all the videos, including the live sessions, I think you have all the information you need regarding Mr. Pip's method.
There are a lot of very interesting posts throughout the thread.
Unfortunately they are lost in the gigantic mass.
It is indeed very time consuming to go through it all.
My personal opinion is that it is more beneficial to you to start practicing the method on the charts, and contribute to the thread. Post your thoughts if you want advice, post your questions. There are a lot of good traders here that are willing to help you out.

Good luck

x3m-PippiN Aug 2, 2017 5:42am | Post# 30802

Hello everyone, i just discovered Mr.Pips youtube channel recently and then found about this thread. I'm binge watching all his videos and trying to absorb all the information while practicing on demo account and market replaying on old charts. What i want to ask you guys is,is there any othere beneficial information on this topic that is not presented in the videos ? Or anything else informative posted by other users. As you may imagine reading a thread with 1500+ pages will be a huge time consuming thing to do and im wondering if i should spend...
What PeterT said plus if you want to read the thread than Mr.Pip has written in his first post from where to start. Here is the beginning of his lessons: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...95#post8722695

vqtrader Aug 2, 2017 7:48am | Post# 30803

1 Attachment(s)
EURUSD: Wait for it to retrace to 618. That's also the area where the strong swing up started. Should prove a strong support area. {image} USDJPY: Not much. waiting for the trade to pan out. {image}
Shallow projection=deep correction AOI is shown on chart good luck. momentum weak on second swing
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.20.jpg
Size: 183 KB

civo Aug 2, 2017 8:00am | Post# 30804

Hello,
Have a look at the first post at the end of the post you got a link with a summary thread.

vqtrader Aug 2, 2017 9:10am | Post# 30805

1 Attachment(s)
Markets not doing much for me today. I will not play the range, So for now just hangin
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.22.jpg
Size: 135 KB

Victor_Lin Aug 2, 2017 9:38am | Post# 30806

1 Attachment(s)
move to BE +2
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20170802_2.PNG
Size: 104 KB

Victor_Lin Aug 2, 2017 9:44am | Post# 30807

1 Attachment(s)
+18 in average.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20170802_4.PNG
Size: 101 KB

RajD Aug 2, 2017 9:44am | Post# 30808

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Looking good RajD. For the long term I'm using the swing starting from 112.18. Reason is that it is the LH after the last long term NSL. The way I look at it, 111.69 is an intermediate correction. Might be interesting for you to also join the Discord chat, if you're not already a member. There's also a channel for discussing USDJPY and EURUSD. See the link below. {quote}
Hi Peter

The way i'm looking at it, there are 2 main corrections between the clear high (112.18) and clear low (109.90). One is starting from 110.75 and other one is the clear low (109.90). If you look at it in that sense then you can see that the market is looking to correct from the LH (111.69)

Took a sell trade at the circle mentioned below...it was hovering there for too long so expectation is that it will be correcting from the very obvious swing to the left...i bought in right after that massive candle close. Sell at 110.721...it did go against to make a even better position at the structure but couldn't hold my emotions in so will need to discipline myself there
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 T.JPG
Size: 114 KB

Victor_Lin Aug 2, 2017 9:47am | Post# 30809

1 Attachment(s)
2nd trade long at 955
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20170802_5.PNG
Size: 107 KB

Victor_Lin Aug 2, 2017 9:52am | Post# 30810

1 Attachment(s)
2nd
out -20 point
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20170802_6.PNG
Size: 105 KB

RajD Aug 2, 2017 11:27am | Post# 30811

1 Attachment(s)
USD JPY +29

woohoo
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 020817 W.JPG
Size: 102 KB

vqtrader Aug 2, 2017 4:17pm | Post# 30812

2 Attachment(s)
took a U/J ST Long 1-min time frame

risk-3 pips
reward-4 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.23.jpg
Size: 247 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.24.jpg
Size: 246 KB

PeterT Aug 2, 2017 4:35pm | Post# 30813

1 Attachment(s)
YM today

Trade 1
Shorted at top of the small range with small SL.
-4 ticks

Trade 2
Not sure why I took this trade.
I made a mistake reading the order flow.
Closed the trade.
+6 ticks

Trade 3
Since short term was doing crazy stuff, I looked at the intraday and saw a correction into the golden zone of the swing up as indicated. (did not take into account the spike in the overnight session)
There was also structure to the left.
Saw bull rotation candle being formed.
Did not wait for the close as it was getting pretty big.
Got in at 61.8% level.
SL below the swing.
Had to leave and didn't want to leave the trade unmanaged.
Stopped at +23 ticks

Trade 4
Came back to PC and saw my stop would not have been hit, had I stayed in the trade.
Decided to find a new entry for a long.
Price made a weak NSH and a very deep correction.
Saw a late rotation candle, hesitated and took the second candle.
So got in a bit late but still at 50% fib level.
At 1:1 harmonic move at 961 decided to let the trade run for one more swing to the upside.
Unfortunately didn't make it that far. Regular trading hours ended so I closed
for +21 ticks

Total +46 ticks
Only unhappy with the second trade.
And with the fact that I had to stop the 3rd trade early because I had to leave. Entry was ok though so I still feel like I earned the pips

EDIT: Think the ONL indication is wrong and should be at same level as the RTH Close..

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 130 KB

PeterT Aug 2, 2017 4:49pm | Post# 30814

2nd out -20 point {image}
Too bad for that loss Victor. There were some unexpected movements in the beginning of the session, and that was one of them.

vqtrader Aug 2, 2017 5:03pm | Post# 30815

1 Attachment(s)
dam. drop like a stone after I grab profit
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.26.jpg
Size: 232 KB

brrand Aug 2, 2017 10:47pm | Post# 30816

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone...here is my take on USDJPY...Request feedback.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 000181.jpg
Size: 202 KB

Also, EURUSD...request feedback.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 000182.jpg
Size: 210 KB

kelvinyun Aug 2, 2017 11:41pm | Post# 30817

2 Attachment(s)
EURUSD:
Entry now @ 618 @ structure area.
TP is at the previous NSH instead of 1:1 completion. Reason being a sharp rejection of the previous NSH.
SL at below the previous HL.
Risk Reward is about 1X.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD.JPG
Size: 81 KB

USDJPY:
Waiting mode.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY.JPG
Size: 111 KB

RajD Aug 3, 2017 2:56am | Post# 30818

2 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Analysis

Intraday Term: NSH

- Market is correcting from the swing shown in the 5m chart
- Market had made a weak NSH and retraced to it's 61.8 Fib and went on moving up but at a very slow rate
Expectation: Market might look to complete the harmonic pattern of the most clear swing. Will wait to see what the London market decides to do

Long Term: NSL

- on the 15m chart, market is currently in correction. It's around the 50 Fib region.
Expectation: Would like to see price to get to the blue region where the harmonic pattern ends, at the golden zone (61.8 and 78.6 region) and very strong structure so will look to take the short then
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 030817 5m.JPG
Size: 116 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy 030817 15m.JPG
Size: 114 KB

RajD Aug 3, 2017 5:15am | Post# 30819

Hello everyone...here is my take on USDJPY...Request feedback. {image} Also, EURUSD...request feedback. {image}
USD JPY: NSL is correct
EUR USD: LH to NSH is correct as well

Brrand, try to look for harmonic patterns to complete as well...when they do, you will see corrections taking place on the pattern completion. And also try to look for confluence between the Intraday and Long term. And long term plays 70% of the time so if your intraday completes on your long term expectation then you trade the long term strategy of yours

vqtrader Aug 3, 2017 6:40am | Post# 30820

1 Attachment(s)
Chart looks to complex for me. Been waiting for this to occur. Now waiting for the breakdown for shorts below 887. Let's see what happens
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.1.jpg
Size: 199 KB

© Forex Factory