Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Student Handbook (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=397724)

9er Nov 28, 2012 11:29am | Post# 1

2 Attachment(s)
You will notice from the attached screenshots that I trade at a very efficient level. What you are seeing is not a trader being boastful; you are seeing a trader that is a “student of the game”.

I do not nor will I ever pretend to be a guru or a “System Expert”. After 10 years of trading I am still learning myself. I don’t use a “system” I use a “style”, a style that suits me based on the principals and theories that I read, learned & absorbed. Not theories that I formulated myself, I am after all still just a “student of the game”, and I strive every day to learn something new.

BREAK! Due to the large number of posts in this thread I have started this thread again at page 58 click here once you have finished reading Post #1! You are all welcome - please read the thread rules before posting!

I posted these results in another thread, when I was called to the carpet by a trader that blasted me for “showing off” about my trading results, although that was not my intention (to show off that is). I was literally offering my help and got BLASTED out of the forum. It was my intention to prove to him that these results are easily attainable - nothing more. As I said, results will never be posted again!

Well needless to say since posting those results I have been asked by many traders to post my system, share my system, to teach them my system. They all received the same reply from me – I don’t trade a system, I trade with a style, or a mindset for the mostly forgotten, rarely used “basics” if you will.

Yes, I trade roughly anywhere from 85% to 96% accuracy. Does this make me a guru? Am I lying about the stats? How are these results possible?

1. I am no Guru, I am a student 2. No, I am not lying and 3. These results are possible for a number of reasons, of which I will detail as this thread progress; if it progresses at all.

It appears to me that everyone wants the easy system; they want it handed to them. No wherewithal that they are capable of so much more, if they learn to de-clutter their trading lifestyle.

I am willing to help, willing to show you what I do to consistently achieve these results. But I am incapable of providing a hard and fast system - sorry!

Is this style successful? Do you want it to be? Can I promise these results for you? Sorry I can't, but I can help you learn.

The success of this style is dependent upon how well you follow instruction, how well you trade within yourself; it has nothing to do with me.

If you want the easy method, the easy way, click the back button on your browser and go join one of the hundreds of systems out there.

My style is not easy, but it gets easier once you’ve learned to see what has been right in front of you since the very first day you ever opened a trade station.

Who’s up for it? Any takers?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot#1.jpg
Size: 207 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot# 2.jpg
Size: 141 KB

Jse Alsi Nov 28, 2012 11:41am | Post# 2

All ears, u sound like the real deal.

hinnavaru Nov 28, 2012 11:53am | Post# 3

Listening mate.

AndyG Nov 28, 2012 11:55am | Post# 4

Please continue

charvo Nov 28, 2012 12:01pm | Post# 5

how those results are possible??????

shed the light plz!

I know it'll NOT be easy, and I'm looking for a style instead of a system too!

Thanks a lot!

Who’s up for it? Any takers?

Don M Nov 28, 2012 12:04pm | Post# 6

Sounds a bit like Greg Wilson's style of trading. A few indicators and gut feel.

futurespec Nov 28, 2012 12:07pm | Post# 7

Sounds wonderful but is it?

Eagerly awaiting more.

M.

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:11pm | Post# 8

Ok Let’s put this beast together bit by bit:

The History and why (self evident)

The God Father: H.M Gartley
H.M. Gartley first outlined the basic structure of the ABCD pattern and butterfly patterns. This is the most basic of rules in what drives the Forex market and also the DIRECT reason why most traders sit squarely in the 95% club.

Your trade failed? Why? Did you account for the fact that maybe you missed the most primal reason? The end of a B to C leg maybe? Or the completion of the ABCD pattern? Did you account for that? No? Why? Because your hard and fast system said to sell? “Oh, I’m sorry you just blew your account”.

Get your hands on anything and everything about Gartley patterns (the internet is flooded with the stuff). Do not learn to trade the patterns inclusive of themselves, but learn to see when a pattern starts, which leg is it in, how far will B to C go? Where can I enter, and when should I exit? Of course as we progress I will provide examples, post charts and explain.

"Please don’t worry I have an indicator that will paint these patterns for you, will SHOW you ABCD and various types of Butterfly patterns (which are failed ABCD patterns at some point, by the way). I will post the indicator in due course."

The God Father II: Bill Williams
Excuse me for being so bold, but until your system receives its own set of indicators and implemented into every trading platform known to man – you can keep it.

I prefer to dance with Chaos, the key words there? “Dance With”! Which we will do in here, we will dance all over these charts!

Download or buy Bill Williams book “New Trading Dimensions” and read it 10 times or more! Learn each of his six dimensions; as you read the dimensions, have a chart open and make comparative analysis between your chart and the examples given in the book.

Teach yourself to take at least 5 successful trades from each dimension method before moving on to the next dimension! Learn it, love it and breathe it

In closing - I believe I have found a perfect combination of indicators, Oscillators and moving averages to compliment our God Fathers systems.

As we build this style, I will post one indicator at a time with it's explanation and how I use it (until we've completed the chart)

Thread rules are next

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:15pm | Post# 9

Really? You think so? A Gut feeling returns a 91% success rate? Brother, it is exactly that mindset that WILL fail you. Never presume to know something that you don't know.

I'll be posting my thread rules next. This sort of post will not be allowed in here my man. Come join us, but leave your gut feeling at the door!

We good?

Sounds a bit like Greg Wilson's style of trading. A few indicators and gut feel.

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:21pm | Post# 10

Thread Rules:

1. Respect, Integrity always
  2. Never EVER speak in this thread of conspiracy theories, stop hunting brokers etc. If you manage your trades properly, neither of these should affect you anyway.
  3. Do not attempt to introduce any system, indicator, EA or otherwise into this thread (other than what I introduce). Doing so will earn you a one way ticket out of here
  4. Never, ever, ever speak ill of someone else in this thread. I don’t care how mad you get, take it off line. This thread is meant to be conducive to learning, not your personal sounding board.
  5. If someone posts a chart with an incorrect premise, do not scold, demean or otherwise. Share your thoughts. I am more than certain that I will post charts with an incorrect premise; I am NOT the expert, and I would thank you for correcting me. We are all equal in here, share what you see and why you think you see it. Post your charts!
  6. We will use an established set of indicators, which will never change. Why? Because our premise is based off the Chaos Theory (human greed and emotion); because of that, this system will never be “conspira-sized” stop hunted or otherwise. We are not smart enough to change it, but we damn sure can use it!
  7. Do not PM me to speak of starting a separate website or selling services. I am not interested; I make a very comfortable living trading from home. I am here to help. I am not here to rob hopes and steal dreams.
  8. No assumptions or presumptions of what you think you know. If you know it all, why are you here?

Don M Nov 28, 2012 12:24pm | Post# 11

Really? You think so? A Gut feeling returns a 91% success rate? Brother, it is exactly that mindset that WILL fail you. Never presume to know something that you don't know.

I'll be posting my thread rules next. This sort of post will not be allowed in here my man. Come join us, but leave your gut feeling at the door!

We good?
Sure we good. Just a shot in the dark.

You sail too?

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:33pm | Post# 12

OK - so I think you are getting the gist of it. The basics right? Not so fast. The basics sure, but how do we enter? Where do we enter, do we trail? What are the signals?

This is not as simple as just using an ABCD pattern, or using one of Bill Williams trading dimensions. This is not based off a gut feeling either! This style is not that simple, it is complex in there are MANY signals, MANY ways to enter, MANY ways to exit. If it were a matter of Gartley or Bill Williams, this thread would be called Gartley or Bill Williams. There is more, much more that will be uncovered well after we have constructed a chart.

We use the basics, but we also use moving averages, Fibonacci, Pivots, Oscillators, reversal patterns. They are always there - the signals are ALWAYS there, somewhere. Don't see one on the daily? Look at the 4H, not there either? Go to another time frame - trust me when I say the collective IS ALWAYS THERE! They are looking at you right NOW! Do see the formation of an A to B leg on the EU RIGHT NOW?

I digress. This is new to me, I am trying to figure out the best way to present the indicators. Bear with me

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:34pm | Post# 13

No sir I don't sail, but I can adjust them for the winds in my life!

Sure we good. Just a shot in the dark.

You sail too?

FX-Pro Nov 28, 2012 12:41pm | Post# 14

Congrats 9er,

This man is capable of what he is projecting here...

its a good idea that you started a separate thread.... your own kingdom....

My contribution will always be thare for your thread...

Wish you all the best...
FX-Pro

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:48pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
OK to start with let's open a fresh chart of the EU (or whichever pair you prefer, EXOTICS BEWARE!)

To this chart drop in the following Bill Williams indicators (with default settings):

Fractals
Alligator
Awesome Oscillator

When finished your chart should look like the attached
Click to Enlarge

Name: bw.gif
Size: 30 KB

9er Nov 28, 2012 12:49pm | Post# 16

Thank you brother!

Congrats 9er,

This man is capable of what he is projecting here...

its a good idea that you started a separate thread.... your own kingdom....

My contribution will always be thare for your thread...

Wish you all the best...
FX-Pro

Donatello Nov 28, 2012 12:52pm | Post# 17

Thanks for being willing to share and teach 9er. I'm going to join in on the process and look forward to learning something new.

9er Nov 28, 2012 1:03pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Ok next RSI (Relative strength Index). Drop an RSI onto your chart (add to the default settings from MT4: 40, 50 & 60).

Did you know that the RSI can be used as a crystal ball? I LOVE the RSI! It can be used to signal the end of a trend, the beginning of a new trend.

Did you also know that the RSI can keep you in a positive trade in one direction even if it strikes 30 or 70 repeatedly? I call this strategic placement of trailing a stop. With the RSI I have ridden waves of 90 to 190 pips? One of my favorite little secrets!

Before properly learning this indicator, I had trouble, severe trouble figuring out how to exit my trades. I never knew how long to "stay in". I would close a trade for profit only to watch it continue to go my direction? Not anymore folks! You can ride waves - pretty damn effortlessly! I rode one today for 70 pips!

Your chart should now look like this:
Click to Enlarge

Name: bwrsi.gif
Size: 30 KB

9er Nov 28, 2012 1:09pm | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Ok next - boring I know but SO important. Add your daily pivot points. I use IBFX these indicators come by default. You can use any pivot indicator you choose so long as it is for the Daily. We are intra-day traders.

If you trade the daily charts, drop a weekly pivot indicator -

Pivots are so critical

Your chart should now look like this:
Click to Enlarge

Name: bwrsipivots.gif
Size: 34 KB

9er Nov 28, 2012 1:21pm | Post# 20

4 Attachment(s)
My last post of the day. Sorry but I have been awake for 18 hours now and am so TIRED.

Next drop a 200 Simple Moving Average (not smoothed, not exponential or otherwise), just simple (we like simple). Apply to close.

I want to pre-empt this next indicator with a word of CAUTION!

Attached is a ZUP indicator that paints ABCD, butterfly, Gartley and various other patterns. Unless you are absolutely sure that you know what you are doing, do not take a trade based solely because this indicator has painted a pattern! The worst mistake you can make is to trade this indicator blindly. You have been warned!

Drop the indicators into your Experts - Indicators folder. I've included a template for those of you that wish to use it.

Sorry folks but seeing double vision. Tomorrow we trade this baby!

Once you have restarted your MT4 your chart should look like this:
Click to Enlarge

Name: student.gif
Size: 34 KB
handbook.tpl
ZUP_v76_5-0_mod.ex4
ZUP_v76_5-0_mod.mq4

© Forex Factory