Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   All Majors and Gold (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=393024)

letscry Apr 22, 2013 3:32pm | Post# 4961

did everybody see what is being done with gold since last week?

they r slowly taking it to top

fx83 Apr 22, 2013 3:38pm | Post# 4962

did everybody see what is being done with gold since last week?
Yes. they got my money, and now everything becomes normal

This is typical gold pair. Its all about manipulation. It even didn't bounce once from major support 1520s and 1470s.

QuikFlipp Apr 22, 2013 3:55pm | Post# 4963

{quote} Yes. they got my money, and now everything becomes normal This is typical gold pair. Its all about manipulation. It even didn't bounce once from major support 1520s and 1470s.

Enjoy the ride up to 1500, cheers.

P.s. Silver is due to breakout on the 4hr chart, like a tightly wound spring...enjoy the green GLTA

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 3:55pm | Post# 4964

{quote} they r slowly taking it to top
continue or topped out already?

letscry Apr 22, 2013 4:04pm | Post# 4965

if we look at the long bars in little time frames like 5 mins we see high volume of buying interest, it goes about 10$ to up than slow than go up again, after every going up i bet ppl are shorting it , it fall to 1325 from 1560 area in 2 days and in 1 week we go up more than 100$, before last friday gold was moving in a 20-25 $ a day range but after that drop day retracements are nearly 50$ a day, i think we continue to go up slowly we wont recognize how the fuk we came back to 1600 area again..

QuikFlipp Apr 22, 2013 4:14pm | Post# 4966

if we look at the long bars in little time frames like 5 mins we see high volume of buying interest, it goes about 10$ to up than slow than go up again, after every going up i bet ppl are shorting it , it fall to 1325 from 1560 area in 2 days and in 1 week we go up more than 100$, before last friday gold was moving in a 20-25 $ a day range but after that drop day retracements are nearly 50$ a day, i think we continue to go up slowly we wont recognize how the fuk we came back to 1600 area again..

Spot on . The sleeper is silver, that will start moving 2% a day imo

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 5:05pm | Post# 4967

slow retracement is typical with this pair....
it has two screnerio
-a forming of hs to 139x then 143x again for right top of shoulder

next scenario is a slow climb to 1500 but still looking very bearish after that....

this is only current view with current actions......

any comments welcome...

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 5:17pm | Post# 4968

{quote} slow retracement is typical with this pair.... it has two screnerio -a forming of hs to 139x then 143x again for right top of shoulder next scenario is a slow climb to 1500 but still looking very bearish after that.... this is only current view with current actions...... any comments welcome...
bearish view
can this happen?
1391-50=1341
1341-100=1241

bullish view
rise to 1459

letscry Apr 22, 2013 5:36pm | Post# 4969

above 1406 we r long according to me targets are 1444,1463 and 1492 wihch is most important 1 i think.

Noeliu Apr 22, 2013 6:43pm | Post# 4970

Hi there! I'm new on the forum, and still have to learn a lot on forex and commodities. I have one question/theory. Please give your wisdom out.

What if:

The Big Fishes on Gold are holding great amounts of real gold, and want the price up? (I dont think they like to hold the same gold but 200$/and ounz cheaper)

they are fooling everybody with a spike up every now and then and then catching everybody's SL on the drop? (would it be gold holders move, or brokers move?)

and last but not least... how do they manipulate the market? buying real gold, or just making rumors and getting them to the right persons to spread?

Thanks for helping me (and many others) understand this subject!

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 6:59pm | Post# 4971

Hi there! I'm new on the forum, and still have to learn a lot on forex and commodities. I have one question/theory. Please give your wisdom out. What if: The Big Fishes on Gold are holding great amounts of real gold, and want the price up? (I dont think they like to hold the same gold but 200$/and ounz cheaper) they are fooling everybody with a spike up every now and then and then catching everybody's SL on the drop? (would it be gold holders move, or brokers move?) and last but not least... how do they manipulate the market? buying real gold, or...
not good at explaining.....

read here, good resource

http://www.jsmineset.com/

Pip Anon Apr 22, 2013 7:00pm | Post# 4972

1 Attachment(s)
Well on the 4H, it is currently butting up against the 38FIB, and bounced off a few times. Two scenarios short-term and I think China data will have impact: Flash PMI is positive, gold has a change to target 50% retracement at 1462. If not, could see some more downside. Short-term slightly bullish. Long-term slightly bearish.

The weekly showed a nice double bottom bounce. On the weekly, I think we can see 1483. As always, I think gold is a trade and not something to carry in regards to a brokerage portfolio (maybe some physical bullion on location). EMA_RSI on the daily is barely out of oversold territory, so may be some buying. Gold bugs are like roaches (no offense!). They will withstand the test of time and no matter how many of their friends you kill, they still invade the market.
Click to Enlarge

Name: xau.png
Size: 316 KB

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 7:07pm | Post# 4973

Well on the 4H, it is currently butting up against the 38FIB, and bounced off a few times. Two scenarios short-term and I think China data will have impact: Flash PMI is positive, gold has a change to target 50% retracement at 1462. If not, could see some more downside. Short-term slightly bullish. Long-term slightly bearish. The weekly showed a nice double bottom bounce. On the weekly, I think we can see 1483. As always, I think gold is a trade and not something to carry in regards to a brokerage portfolio (maybe some physical bullion on location)....
thanks Pip Anon......cockroaches are forex traders....hahahaha

a break above todays high should go for 1462 for sure....
a stay below 1430 should get 1416 or lower imo

Pip Anon Apr 22, 2013 7:16pm | Post# 4974

{quote} thanks Pip Anon......cockroaches are forex traders....hahahaha a break above todays high should go for 1462 for sure.... a stay below 1430 should get 1416 or lower imo
A trader is a trader lol. However, Gold Bugs have this devotion that is unshakable I've traded crude, gas, nat. gas, heating oil, palladium, platinum, gold, silver, copper (unfortunately), currency, bonds, interest rates lol. Impartial as long as it is a profitable opportunity.

I hope there is some movement because I hate these consolidation/few dollar candle ranges

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 7:18pm | Post# 4975

{quote} A trader is a trader lol. However, Gold Bugs have this devotion that is unshakable I've traded crude, gas, nat. gas, heating oil, palladium, platinum, gold, silver, copper (unfortunately), currency, bonds, interest rates lol. Impartial as long as it is a profitable opportunity. I hope there is some movement because I hate these consolidation/few dollar candle ranges
movement coming end of week or Wednesday next week...

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 7:21pm | Post# 4976

{quote} A trader is a trader lol. However, Gold Bugs have this devotion that is unshakable I've traded crude, gas, nat. gas, heating oil, palladium, platinum, gold, silver, copper (unfortunately), currency, bonds, interest rates lol. Impartial as long as it is a profitable opportunity. I hope there is some movement because I hate these consolidation/few dollar candle ranges
april 25 gold options expiry and settlement.....movement will definitely happen

Mr. Scott Apr 22, 2013 7:23pm | Post# 4977

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} slow retracement is typical with this pair.... it has two screnerio -a forming of hs to 139x then 143x again for right top of shoulder next scenario is a slow climb to 1500 but still looking very bearish after that.... this is only current view with current actions...... any comments welcome...

Hi G,

Looking for another move down so looking at fibs of previous move.

Took this one as looking for another move down whether we are in 4th wave or abc correction. Out now as tp on pa, but watching fibs.
Click to Enlarge

Name: xaudaily.jpg
Size: 76 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: xaudailyfibs.JPG
Size: 82 KB

gnomoneey Apr 22, 2013 7:27pm | Post# 4978

{quote} Hi G, Looking for another move down so looking at fibs of previous move. Took this one as looking for another move down whether we are in 4th wave or abc correction. Out now as tp on pa, but watching fibs. {image} {image}
sounds like a plan....
i tend to be more bearish still....

Pip Anon Apr 22, 2013 7:44pm | Post# 4979

{quote} sounds like a plan.... i tend to be more bearish still....
P/C ratio is slightly over 1. Generally a bearish sign, but may be a constrain indicator. According to my data, there is only 300 or so more puts than calls. Pretty close.

forex_growth Apr 22, 2013 8:56pm | Post# 4980

1 Attachment(s)
Im not in a trade at the moment but I do have gold following a nice bear flag on the 1hr..

anyone got similar thing?
Click to Enlarge

Name: xauusdh1.png
Size: 39 KB

© Forex Factory