Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=390673)

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 7:15am | Post# 1

C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread

1 Attachment(s)
This thread is a 6+ year journal of learning to freestyle trade using supply, demand zones and PA.

It's been a long road with a lot of ups and downs, including a failed attempt to quit my job and trade full time back in 2013!

For anyone new you can skip to around page 157 at link below just after taking a year off trading. The first 150 pages are where I'm mostly scalping on M1.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...90673&page=157

I would recommend everyone to study all of Sam Seiden's videos on youtube to get a good primer on S&D in general.

You may not find the holy grail here but there's some nuggets of learning to be found.

Note: If you're looking to make fast money or find the latest and greatest 'system' I'd recommend looking elsewhere. Freestyle trading will take many years of live screen time and probably some blown accounts along the way.

-----------------------------------------------

Indicators and Template

- Supdem_ii (supply and demand indicator)
- Chaos Semafor (3 levels of highs and lows with 1 and 2 removed via template settings).
- Round numbers (for showing round numbers.....)
- P4l Candletime (candle close time on the chart timeframe).
- ClickMax (double click chart to maximise and minimise).
- Hotkeys Slim (numbers 1 - 9 to rapid change the timeframe.
- Easy Position Size Calculator (paid indi for calculating position size on the charts - not included).

I also use a third party windows application for mapping various keyboard hotkeys to various MT4 shortcuts, just for convenience. I use Comfort Keys Lite.
Indicators (2).zip

extremerrage Oct 19, 2012 7:22am | Post# 2

am there c- , the first of ur diciples

extremerrage Oct 19, 2012 7:33am | Post# 3

when ur talking about highter tf , do u start from daily and down , or 30 minutes and lower ?

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 7:36am | Post# 4

when ur talking about highter tf , do u start from daily and down , or 30 minutes and lower ?
The higher time frame for me is the M15 / M30.

However, each morning I do a quick daily review of the charts from Monthly, weekly, D1, H4 all the way down.

danc Oct 19, 2012 7:39am | Post# 5

Sounds GOOD.. look forward to your insights and thinking..on this matter..All the best with it..

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 7:47am | Post# 6

2 Attachment(s)
Awesome stuff!

Alright, it's Friday afternoon so I'm pretty much done for the week now so probably not many charts until next week.

Here's how I have my charting screen setup on a 27" monitor just to give you an idea how I monitor my pairs.

My second screen shows the pairs on the M1 level and you'll see me post charts with them marked off in blue with my entries and stops.

I use Alerter4U to let me know when price arrives at my levels.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Charting.jpg
Size: 168 KB
Alerter4U.zip

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 8:11am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick trade I just took now, bagged some pips and got to BE early. Leaving some on the table to run... Or get stopped for no loss.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud1.gif
Size: 26 KB

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 8:13am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what the trade looked like on a M5 chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud5.gif
Size: 25 KB

Akruma Oct 19, 2012 8:13am | Post# 9

hi C

I have been following you on Kenneth's thread, and am looking forward to be following you on your own thread.

We trade in similar way, except you are far more successful. Often we have very similar levels on the charts.

Akruma

Taxi Driver Oct 19, 2012 8:15am | Post# 10

Happy to see this thread!

C-12, thanks a lot for opening this thread, I have been watching your trading and charts for some time.

I like what I have seen so far, you are great trader and there is a lot to learn from you style.
Subscribed.

Thanks, man, and good luck!

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 8:35am | Post# 11

I'm happy to share this info with you guys, good or bad days. It's something I don't see anyone else on this forum doing too often.

This is today's and yesterday's trading. Nowhere near as good as yesterday but still well up!

Quite a lot of break evens (happens a lot but they add to the profit) and a good few silly mistakes earlier but I'm generally doing very very well with this method, as you can see.

Account is in £GBP.

{ personal information deleted by staff, per request }

logesharun Oct 19, 2012 8:39am | Post# 12

Entry Query

Hey C-12,

I've been following your posts from Ken's thread for some time now! Really impressed with the way you trade , I've never ever thought that one can trade successfully in m1, that too consistently .

But the fact is, I've always found it tough to choose the entry perfectly! A little light on choosing entry would really help.

Thanks.
Logesh

lindsayf Oct 19, 2012 8:48am | Post# 13

I'm happy to share this info with you guys, good or bad days. It's something I don't see anyone else on this forum doing too often.

This is today's work so far. Nowhere near as good as yesterday but still well up!

Quite a lot of break evens (happens a lot) and a few silly mistakes earlier but I'm generally doing very very well with this method, as you can see.

Account is in £GBP.
Good stuff C12 I appreciate that. It is fascinating the 'reasons' others come up with as to why they wont do that. I wont bother because mine wont impress anyone....

The 'errors' you mentioned....errors or just bad stop outs?

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 8:54am | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Good stuff C12 I appreciate that. It is fascinating the 'reasons' others come up with as to why they wont do that. I wont bother because mine wont impress anyone....

The 'errors' you mentioned....errors or just bad stop outs?
Just general stop outs, they weren't really great levels and the rejections weren't there to start with. My bad on these losses.

Here are some of the levels I marked off that failed.

I'm not perfect but then again I'm ok with losing some.
Click to Enlarge

Name: fail.gif

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 8:58am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Then there are also the ones that got away!

I took this earlier, got a BE stop out and forgot to re-enter again... Happens loads but the trades come thick and fast on the M1 so it's all good.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu1.gif
Size: 24 KB

4Xfactor Oct 19, 2012 9:24am | Post# 16

Subscribed

rami_8 Oct 19, 2012 10:04am | Post# 17

Hi C-12.

Good luck with your thread and trading. M1 is too fast for me, but it is great to see someone being able to master it.

ronald_fsm Oct 19, 2012 10:08am | Post# 18

Thanks for sharing.May I ask you question: How long do you use this system?

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 10:32am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick trade I just took now, bagged some pips and got to BE early. Leaving some on the table to run... Or get stopped for no loss.
Remember this?
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud4.gif
Size: 24 KB

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 10:33am | Post# 20

Thanks for sharing.May I ask you question: How long do you use this system?
About a month or so but trading S&D for about 3 months in total.

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 10:50am | Post# 21

1 Attachment(s)
Well I had to go out shopping for a bit. Somebody please tell me they caught this...

That's a 40+ pip runner for what only needed a 2 or 3 pip stop.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU1.jpg
Size: 85 KB

diceman555 Oct 19, 2012 11:01am | Post# 22

1 Attachment(s)
i did,
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled.jpg
Size: 58 KB

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 11:03am | Post# 23

i did,
Awesome trading.

FOURX Oct 19, 2012 12:22pm | Post# 24

hey C 12

Good luck with your thread.Like this method.

I cannot figure out your lot value on your statements?

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 12:25pm | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
Ok last 2 of the day before this market dies a death. Not planning to hold these.

These were M30 levels and I took the M5 rejection bars. Classic Redsword11 entries these.

Pips taken and BE stop goes without saying.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPEU.jpg
Size: 82 KB

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 12:27pm | Post# 26

hey C 12

Good luck with your thread.Like this method.

I cannot figure out your lot value on your statements?
I mainly trade 1 lot twice but I play around with the partial profit levels. So for example I take 30% off when I get to 6 pips, sometimes more.

That's why you might see 0.70 or 0.30 etc... It's all done via Luktom order management tool.

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot for taking profits. I'm open to ideas.

FxLapozi Oct 19, 2012 12:37pm | Post# 27

I mainly trade 1 lot twice but I play around with the partial profit levels. So for example I take 30% off when I get to 6 pips, sometimes more.

That's why you might see 0.70 or 0.30 etc... It's all done via Luktom order management tool.

Hi C-12, I m relatively new in forex. Can you explain in details how you make your entries. If it is not too much to ask, it would be better if there is chart. I read through the first page but dont quite get it.

Anyway, good thread. Keep it up.

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 12:40pm | Post# 28

Hi C-12, I m relatively new in forex. Can you explain in details how you make your entries. If it is not too much to ask, it would be better if there is chart. I read through the first page but dont quite get it.

Anyway, good thread. Keep it up.
All will be revealed in good time.

I strongly recommend starting with Ken Lee's thread. It's a good 300 pages long but really essential reading. My method is outlined later on in the last 20 pages or so.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=311095

Also Sam Seiden's webinars. Watch every single video, as boring and repetitive as they may seem. It's absolutely vital to understand supply and demand.

http://www.fxstreet.com/search/contr...1-e9bf77216d2f

followtr Oct 19, 2012 2:02pm | Post# 29

Great method.
But Gilben's Cleancut Cube do not draw any box on my mt4.

did it need some configuration, no idea how to fix it?
The log did not show any error message.

C-12 Oct 19, 2012 2:06pm | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
Great method.
But Gilben's Cleancut Cube do not draw any box on my mt4.

did it need some configuration, no idea how to fix it?
The log did not show any error message.
You have to draw the rectangles yourself. It's not an automatic thing like ii_supdem indicator.

Anyway. Time to stop trading now... Last one!
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu1.gif

Donatello Oct 19, 2012 2:37pm | Post# 31

Nice Job

I look forward to learning from you and your thread. I love the 1 minute charts but was starting to believe that successful trading could not be consistently done on it because that's what everybody seems to be saying these days.

I am totally new to S&D areas but I'm going to watch, participate and learn as much as possible so I can one day become a consistently successful trading.

Nice going on your trades, thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Good Lookin Oct 19, 2012 2:40pm | Post# 32

This is what i do.

Count how many winners you've achieved; W
Count how many loser you've achieved; L
Calculate your Risk Reward and adjust for transaction costs (ie spread, commision); R

Equation; L/(W*R)

This will let you know how much you should take off at your BE point in order that the 1st part taken off will cover your losses over your total trades. Just bear in mind that your history is a static number and the future will always vary so they'll need to be adjusted from month to month. It's always good to recalculate once a month or so (maybe even sooner since you take many trades.)

Example

Wins: 49
Losses: 32

Tp: 6
Stop: 6
Spread: .7
R: .9

32/(49*.9) = 72.9%

72.9% * (49*.9) = 32

So taking off 72.9% at 6 pips 49 times will cover 100% of 32 losses.

This is just a starting point. If you're a conservative trader then taking off an extra Y% will allow you to have a minimum return calculated such that you should expect to hit at least around X in profits minimum for whatever number of trades you've calculated for. If you want to be aggresive then lowering the percentage will allow the runners to make larger profits. In this case your maximum probable drawdown will be larger than taking the conservative %.

Just my 2 cents.

lindsayf Oct 19, 2012 4:39pm | Post# 33

Another very useful process is to keep a spreadsheet that compares different exit methods for each trade that you take. So for instance you could compare

50% off at 6 and trail the rest

70% off at 6 and trail the rest

30% off at 6 and trail the rest

0% off with a trail exit ( would be an interesting one)

etc

interesting what you discover doing this...even tho it is tedious to do

L

TraderinSD Oct 19, 2012 7:22pm | Post# 34

Sweet !!!

TSD

golferguy99 Oct 20, 2012 12:20am | Post# 35

Looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work! I will try to post what I see as well.

Have a great weekend.

Hakimi Oct 20, 2012 12:46am | Post# 36

You are doing good so far, but unfortunately u wont survive long, good luck

TraderinSD Oct 20, 2012 1:03am | Post# 37

36 post's into a new thread and “you guessed it “someone has already said “You are doing good so far, but unfortunately u wont survive long
You know, with that line of thinking, one might consider a different endeavor. Obviously the mind set is just not cut out for this kind of activity.

TSD

Taxi Driver Oct 20, 2012 2:04am | Post# 38

You are doing good so far, but unfortunately u wont survive long, good luck

In a long run we won´t survive, thats very true.
So ... do you also go around telling people that they gonna drop dead one day, sooner or later?

Hakimi Oct 20, 2012 2:22am | Post# 39

In a long run we won´t survive, thats very true.
So ... do you also go around telling people that they gonna drop dead one day, sooner or later?
yes, to keep them check in what they doing and I get paid for that from Jerusalem lol

diceman555 Oct 20, 2012 6:11am | Post# 40

yes, to keep them check in what they doing and I get paid for that from Jerusalem lol
stick Jerusalem up your arse,

you troll around threads talking negative insults,

your holding god knows how many eur,usd shorts with thousands of pips drawdown,

your a prick

© Forex Factory