Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=390673)

MrDevisen Jan 19, 2019 4:57am | Post# 6981

Yes EU another textbook PA, DBD. BUYING THERE WOULD BE BUYING INTO STRONG SUPPLY.

jack411 Jan 19, 2019 6:15pm | Post# 6982

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} A bit of learning I took from last week was that 3 day sideways choppy movement. Notice the the setup that was building with a little swing high (red X) causing breakout traders to buy straight into supply. Love setups like this but don't always catch them! Anyone see the same setup on USDCAD? {image}

C

What keeps you from taking the engulfing candles where I put the yellow arrows? Technically, the first two worked out quickly as they touched into the next demand level on the 1hr chart. The place where your arrow is marked was obviously the best move though. I guess the stops would all be the same though, it would just be a longer wait if you had taken any of the trades where I marked with the arrows...

Thats one of the things that will still trip me up a little, when zones are sloppy and stacked right on another with lots of candles/wicks. Do you wait for those to be taken out, since they're not fresh, or do you jump in? Or maybe you wait even longer, and look for that above supply zone (which wasn't hit) to be triggered. But then you miss the down move.

** After looking at those charts again, it would only matter if you were trading the 1 hour supply zones. The 4hr was only touched once, and that was when you noted the prior high/wick being taken out to bait people in. I know you trade lower timeframes sometimes though. So do you skip situations like I marked, or just have more trades and more volatility to manage?

Click to Enlarge

Name: c12 chart.jpg
Size: 229 KB

C-12 Jan 20, 2019 2:54am | Post# 6983

{quote}I know you trade lower timeframes sometimes though. So do you skip situations like I marked, or just have more trades and more volatility to manage? {image}
I was shorting around the candles you highlighted and took a few mini losses, scratched trades and BE's.

You never know if price wants to retest the zone and how many times it will tap it. Ideally it's better to stick the SL behind H4 zone. I was concerned we might go for the upper zone above and it would kill my RR.

I'm crap at sitting on the sidelines so my strategy to avoid getting dragged into a dogfight is having another pair to trade, which is where GU comes in handy.

jack411 Jan 20, 2019 3:41am | Post# 6984

Ha! Ok, thatís exactly how I would have played it and have played similar scenarios in the past. Including worrying a little about going for the upper zone and killing the r/r.
I do understand the setup you were showing though, and itís a good one. Breakout traders get suckered into the long and end up running right into supply.

{quote} I was shorting around the candles you highlighted and took a few mini losses, scratched trades and BE's. You never know if price wants to retest the zone and how many times it will tap it. Ideally it's better to stick the SL behind H4 zone. I was concerned we might go for the upper zone above and it would kill my RR. I'm crap at sitting on the sidelines so my strategy to avoid getting dragged into a dogfight is having another pair to trade, which is where GU comes in handy.

C-12 Jan 20, 2019 4:17am | Post# 6985

3 Attachment(s)
Ha! Ok, that’s exactly how I would have played it and have played similar scenarios in the past. Including worrying a little about going for the upper zone and killing the r/r. I do understand the setup you were showing though, and it’s a good one. Breakout traders get suckered into the long and end up running right into supply. {quote}
Here's a handy little indicator I keep forgetting to put on the charts.

Forget all the pivot junk, I just use it for the previous session high and low lines.
Ken_HLO_SDX-TzPivots_v4.7.2.ex4
Ken_HLO_SDX-TzPivots_v4.7.2.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 37 KB

thisara1 Jan 20, 2019 4:44am | Post# 6986

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Here's a handy little indicator I keep forgetting to put on the charts. Forget all the pivot junk, I just use it for the previous session high and low lines. {file} {file} {image}
C-12 gbpnzd pa entry 4H/15M 71 pip reversal correct entry examples?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture5.jpg
Size: 178 KB

C-12 Jan 22, 2019 1:03pm | Post# 6987

1 Attachment(s)
Good PA setup on GU.

took some losses on buys on EU but hopefully that will now get in line.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU.PNG
Size: 36 KB

C-12 Jan 23, 2019 12:32pm | Post# 6988

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to stack some more longs on this one and one left on the table.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 37 KB

C-12 Jan 23, 2019 12:36pm | Post# 6989

2 Attachment(s)
EU was determined to frustrate but got in line with GU in the end.

Had some limit orders that didn't trigger on demand zone.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: DX.PNG
Size: 83 KB

Giova86 Jan 23, 2019 12:56pm | Post# 6990

Managed to stack some more longs on this one and one left on the table. {image}
that zone on GU from today was enought for you to add long there ? or there was other reasons ? thanks for answering

C-12 Jan 23, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 6991

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} that zone on GU from today was enought for you to add long there ? or there was other reasons ? thanks for answering
The Daily and H4 PA was screaming to buy. Notice the PA that began yesterday on H4 and then confirmed on D1 it was heading up.

The little H1/M30 zone that popped up at the London open was something to get involved in the trend and to tuck a stop behind. A bit of a momentum play.

Red X on H4 chart was showing a very weak looking supply that was taken out easily.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 82 KB

C-12 Jan 24, 2019 12:21pm | Post# 6992

2 Attachment(s)
Bloody hell, that was messy.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU1.PNG
Size: 41 KB

Islandfx911 Jan 24, 2019 4:39pm | Post# 6993

Hi C-12,
How many different time frames do you use to enter trades?

C-12 Jan 24, 2019 4:50pm | Post# 6994

Hi C-12, How many different time frames do you use to enter trades?
Here's my current chart stack on 4 monitors.

Upper Screen 1 (GU Daily / EU Daily)
Upper Screen 2 (USDX H4 + H1 + M15)
Lower Screen 3 (GU H4 + H1 + either M30/M15 or M5)
Lower Screen 4 (EU H4 + H1 + either M30/M15 or M5)

The only charts I'm cycling is the LTF (M30-M15-M5) just to catch some hidden zones or for smaller scalps.

My goal is to get in sync with the D1/H4 direction with LTF entries. I use every time-frame, very rarely M1.

Islandfx911 Jan 24, 2019 5:40pm | Post# 6995

Thanks.

Merka Jan 25, 2019 7:53am | Post# 6996

{quote} Here's my current chart stack on 4 monitors. Upper Screen 1 (GU Daily / EU Daily) Upper Screen 2 (USDX H4 + H1 + M15) Lower Screen 3 (GU H4 + H1 + either M30/M15 or M5) Lower Screen 4 (EU H4 + H1 + either M30/M15 or M5) The only charts I'm cycling is the LTF (M30-M15-M5) just to catch some hidden zones or for smaller scalps. My goal is to get in sync with the D1/H4 direction with LTF entries. I use every time-frame, very rarely M1.
So you trade only GU EU?
How many setups on average per week?
What do you mean "sync with D/H4"?
Does it means both D/H4 must be trending in the same way for you to take the trade?

C-12 Jan 25, 2019 2:03pm | Post# 6997

{quote} So you trade only GU EU? How many setups on average per week? What do you mean "sync with D/H4"? Does it means both D/H4 must be trending in the same way for you to take the trade?
I take about 50 to 100 entries per week (multiple positions divided up) so probably 20 - 50 actual trades. I would say only half of these are legit trades, the rest are usually cancelled or aborted PA trades which account for of my losses.

I guess you could call these trades 'scouts' as FTI would call them, but too many of them can give back a lot of profits from previous sessions.

If H4 is trending then it's a lot easier, GU was great all week.

Giova86 Jan 29, 2019 11:12am | Post# 6998

1 Attachment(s)
my short 3182 on GU

daily / m30 / h4 supply zones together
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 80 KB

C-12 Jan 29, 2019 3:03pm | Post# 6999

my short 3182 on GU daily / m30 / h4 supply zones together {image}
Nicely caught. I had a bloody mare with GU. Had shorts on from yesterday and got shaken out for BE by today's spike up. Then got caught wrong footed a couple of times. Real schoolboy errors.

Managed to get back on side with the H4 PA.

Pre FOMC is always annoying for me.

thisara1 Jan 29, 2019 3:04pm | Post# 7000

1 Attachment(s)
C-12 whare are you.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture9.jpg
Size: 168 KB

© Forex Factory