Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=390673)

AhmadHassan6 Jan 13, 2019 7:10am | Post# 6961

{quote} I have an app called forex tester 3 which allows you to load up 15 years worth of data and go back and forth candle by candle on all timeframes from monthly to m1 and trade as if it was a live market ... would you not get a good feel for zones that work and also bias and how to play levels doing this ... regarding news I can also check the calendar and see what news was out
That's good for being confident with your trading method. But there is much difference between back-testing the charts and applying it in the live market. The main difference is due to the mental situation. While back-testing, your mind responds much different than in live market.

nathzcinco Jan 13, 2019 7:39am | Post# 6962

{quote} That's good for being confident with your trading method. But there is much difference between back-testing the charts and applying it in the live market. The main difference is due to the mental situation. While back-testing, your mind responds much different than in live market.
completely agree I do plan on forward testing in live market but I think getting this part down where I feel confident And have a plan written down on what Iím looking for etc should clear things up once I do start and then i guess it would be physchology I would have to work on

rozina Jan 13, 2019 8:06am | Post# 6963

While back-testing, your mind responds much different than in live market.

Rufus Jan 13, 2019 12:30pm | Post# 6964

{quote} I have an app called forex tester 3 which allows you to load up 15 years worth of data and go back and forth candle by candle on all timeframes from monthly to m1 and trade as if it was a live market ... would you not get a good feel for zones that work and also bias and how to play levels doing this ... regarding news I can also check the calendar and see what news was out

Hi all. C12 I hope it is ok to answer this with my opinions about back testing.

I think C12 is right. A daily chart for back testing is good. But watching live charts is by far the best. Take for instance all the Brexit stuff right now. If any European leader says or does something strange the market can jump 200 pips, you don't find this on the news. If a trader wants to trade lower time frames you start to get a feel for the current price action. Sometimes you see the anomaly in the chart before it explodes.

Ten years from now when traders are looking at historical charts trying to learn how to trade, this Brexit issue will be no more then a blip on a weekly chart. Bump on a daily. All the news and rumors will have disappeared and Joe trader will be scratching his head wondering why price turned so suddenly out of nowhere. So he will keep throwing on indicators until one matches up then AHAH it's the holy grail.....worthy of a new thread here on FF. When actually all it was Theresa May whispering something about lunch to her assistant.

Have a good week all. Keep your powder dry.

C-12 Jan 13, 2019 1:59pm | Post# 6965

I can see one benefit is that it can help train the eye on the types of zones / PA that move price.

But yes, Forex Tester is a different animal to sitting through the daily grind of realtime markets.

C-12 Jan 13, 2019 2:05pm | Post# 6966

2 Attachment(s)
Talking of historical prices, don't think I've ever placed a trade on CHFJPY before.

Look at the beautiful action on this? Zones, PA and everything. The upper setup in late september would have netted 1,200 pips if you had the TP set on the lower zone. Risk on zone was 50 pips!

Plenty of other setups on W1 and D1 across the board. Just need to be very patient for them to play out.

Similar setup on CADJPY
Click to Enlarge

Name: CJ.PNG
Size: 54 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: CJ2.PNG
Size: 54 KB

C-12 Jan 15, 2019 12:30pm | Post# 6967

1 Attachment(s)
Looking like EU's bull move is done, possibly. Although I'm done trying to make predictions on this pair longer than 2 or 3 days.

Some numpty was arguing in the EU thread a while ago that EURUSD was a great swing trading pair.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 30 KB

C-12 Jan 15, 2019 12:32pm | Post# 6968

1 Attachment(s)
Similar on GU. Started the day hoping to catch a few scalps and got a bit of a run going.

Brexit up in a bit but this entry looks quite safe.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU.PNG
Size: 28 KB

thisara1 Jan 15, 2019 12:47pm | Post# 6969

Similar on GU. Started the day hoping to catch a few scalps and got a bit of a run going. Brexit up in a bit but this entry looks quite safe. {image}

how to seach daily good setupyou are using 15M 30M both chart?

C-12 Jan 15, 2019 12:57pm | Post# 6970

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} how to seach daily good setupyou are using 15M 30M both chart?
A lot time frame flicking but always H4 on left side and I'm switching between H1/M30 and M15 on right side. Sometimes M5.

GU started of with a bit of PA in an M30 zone, not very high expectations but then H4 rolled over with engulfing and I'm now in sync with H4 direction.

I guess there is some intuition involved, Also full screen dedicated to DX (H4 along side H1,M30 or M15)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 55 KB

thisara1 Jan 15, 2019 1:17pm | Post# 6971

3 Attachment(s)
A lot time frame flicking but always H4 on left side and I'm switching between H1/M30 and M15 on right side. Sometimes M5.

GU started of with a bit of PA in an M30 zone, not very high expectations but then H4 rolled over with engulfing and I'm now in sync with H4 direction.

I guess there is some intuition involved, Also full screen dedicated to DX (H4 along side H1,M30 or M15)

thank you C-12,,

hellow C-12 this's usd index h4 zone early. how is zone breakout identify correctly?
can you expain other curruncy chart showing please
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture16.jpg
Size: 150 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture17.jpg
Size: 140 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture18.jpg
Size: 140 KB

C-12 Jan 15, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 6972

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} thank you C-12,, hellow C-12 this's usd index h4 zone early. how is zone breakout identify correctly? can you expain other curruncy chart showing please {image}
I prefer the US Dollar Index (DXY) rather than the evenly weighted LFX chart.

Notice the Daily demand zone with nice rejection PA. Then H4 we also had demand, a pullback and 2 nice engulfing moves and space to run.

I see room for this to head to the upside, aiming to sell EU on pullbacks... and probably GU depending on the Brexit output..
Click to Enlarge

Name: DX.PNG
Size: 94 KB

thisara1 Jan 16, 2019 9:08am | Post# 6973

1 Attachment(s)
C-12 gbpcad recommended setup
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture4.jpg
Size: 278 KB

C-12 Jan 17, 2019 3:16pm | Post# 6974

1 Attachment(s)
C-12 gbpcad recommended setup {image}
I was a bit caught in two minds on GBP with all this brexit nonesense.

That buy zone was very nice on GCAD.

Managed to get back on the right side with some solid PA earlier.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 36 KB

MrDevisen Jan 18, 2019 2:31pm | Post# 6975

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I was a bit caught in two minds on GBP with all this brexit nonesense. That buy zone was very nice on GCAD. Managed to get back on the right side with some solid PA earlier. {image}

DBR. great work there.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 29 KB

C-12 Jan 18, 2019 4:12pm | Post# 6976

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} DBR. great work there. {image}
Was a nice zone and textbook PA.

Got a few scalps on the way back down but ended up with PE (premature evacuation).
Click to Enlarge

Size: 44 KB

thisara1 Jan 18, 2019 4:19pm | Post# 6977

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Was a nice zone and textbook PA. Got a few scalps on the way back down but ended up with PE (premature evacuation). {image}
are you remember gbpcad?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture1.jpg
Size: 112 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture2.jpg
Size: 104 KB

C-12 Jan 18, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 6978

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} are you remember gbpcad? {image} {image}
Good stuff.

Wasn't a very active week for me. Today's EU setup appeared at the NY open so wasn't around.

I was eyeing up a limit order but the zone wasn't a peach so just left it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 104 KB

HiddenGap Jan 19, 2019 12:50am | Post# 6979

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Today's EU setup appeared at the NY open so wasn't around.......
The Market's aren't going anywhere soon. There will always be another opportunity....... Didn't take it either but it was very nice.

Click to Enlarge

Name: SP 7.jpg
Size: 134 KB

Also been playing around with the 8 minute chart. I kinda like it.

C-12 Jan 19, 2019 4:30am | Post# 6980

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} The Market's aren't going anywhere soon. There will always be another opportunity....... Didn't take it either but it was very nice. {image} Also been playing around with the 8 minute chart. I kinda like it.
A bit of learning I took from last week was that 3 day sideways choppy movement.

Notice the the setup that was building with a little swing high (red X) causing breakout traders to buy straight into supply.

Love setups like this but don't always catch them! Anyone see the same setup on USDCAD?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EH4.PNG
Size: 75 KB

© Forex Factory