Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=390673)

Giova86 Jan 5, 2019 7:40am | Post# 6921

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Giova86, could you please share your pivot indicator and settings with us please? Best regards
here u go
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 86 KB
Pivot_Voty-2 ALERT.ex4

MFXTrader Jan 5, 2019 8:21am | Post# 6922

Hi Giova86,

I am very grateful for sharing your indicator, but I still don't know how to display pivot's only on the right side of MT4.

Thank you again

Giova86 Jan 5, 2019 8:58am | Post# 6923

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Giova86, I am very grateful for sharing your indicator, but I still don't know how to display pivot's only on the right side of MT4. Thank you again
it is kind of bug thing i discovered, u need to put them "true" for h1 or whatever tf u want, then set lines width "2 or higher" and then change visualization for other time frame like on screenshot, then they stay only on right side and u cant see lines on graph
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 79 KB

C-12 Jan 5, 2019 9:15am | Post# 6924

Not a fan of pivots for a few reasons. Here's my take on them;

A weekly pivot is a Fibonacci calculation (extension) based on the previous weekly candle. If the previous weekly candle range was low, the current pivots will be tightly packed together and vice versa.

Pivots appear initially to offer support or resistance when price is ranging (which it does 80% of the time).

What happens when price breaks out of a range? Only if the trader can read PA then they might avoid being annihilated as those lines are sliced through.

This is why people get quick results with this method but always end up with a margin call.

My advice is to stick to solid things like zones and PA.

thisara1 Jan 5, 2019 9:27am | Post# 6925

{quote} it is kind of bug thing i discovered, u need to put them "true" for h1 or whatever tf u want, then set lines width "2 or higher" and then change visualization for other time frame like on screenshot, then they stay only on right side and u cant see lines on graph {image}
can you share template file?

C-12 Jan 5, 2019 9:36am | Post# 6926

1 Attachment(s)
Here's AUDUSD. Notice the very small weekly holiday candle last week?

Look at how tightly packed the current pivots are based on the previous week's range. Anyone trading off R61 or S61 without a stop would have been obliterated, and many certainly were.

I think it's asking for trouble, but that's just my view. Happy to hear from others what benefits they offer.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD.PNG
Size: 59 KB

thisara1 Jan 5, 2019 9:42am | Post# 6927

1 Attachment(s)
Here's AUDUSD. Notice the very small weekly holiday candle last week? Look at how tightly packed the current pivots are based on the previous week's range. Anyone trading off R61 or S61 without a stop would have been obliterated, and many certainly were. I think it's asking for trouble, but that's just my view. Happy to hear from others what benefits they offer. {image}
nzdcad 189pip runing
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture1.jpg
Size: 161 KB

C-12 Jan 5, 2019 9:46am | Post# 6928

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} nzdcad 189pip runing {image}
You got this one also? This was the driving force behind it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: UCAD.PNG
Size: 58 KB

thisara1 Jan 5, 2019 9:55am | Post# 6929

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} You got this one also? This was the driving force behind it. {image}
already done masteryou are professional PA Trader
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture2.jpg
Size: 120 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture3.jpg
Size: 116 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture4.jpg
Size: 107 KB

MFXTrader Jan 5, 2019 10:11am | Post# 6930

Thank you very much Giova86 for your explanation.

Best regards

MFXTrader Jan 5, 2019 10:28am | Post# 6931

And first of all, a big thank you for your explanation of the pivot's C-12. I really like your thread because of huge knowledge you got here. Again, thanks alot.

Respect

C-12 Jan 5, 2019 10:48am | Post# 6932

And first of all, a big thank you for your explanation of the pivot's C-12. I really like your thread because of huge knowledge you got here. Again, thanks alot. Respect
Cheers, I don't want to knock anyone who is trading with pivots. No harm putting them on the chart and seeing what benefits they offer.

They might be useful in a ranging markets, just be careful when the range breaks.

Giova86 Jan 5, 2019 10:50am | Post# 6933

Not a fan of pivots for a few reasons. Here's my take on them; A weekly pivot is a Fibonacci calculation (extension) based on the previous weekly candle. If the previous weekly candle range was low, the current pivots will be tightly packed together and vice versa. Pivots appear initially to offer support or resistance when price is ranging (which it does 80% of the time). What happens when price breaks out of a range? Only if the trader can read PA then they might avoid being annihilated as those lines are sliced through. This is why people get...
i know about it but i am not using their pivots like they do, I prefer trend trading instead of hunting corrections, i am using fibo pivots only as support or ressit, i dont care what number is there, simple as lines and trading mostly from weekly pivot to 61-100 zone as trend direction

obviously using supply demand zones and PA too

edit: i am trading only GU, very rarely EU but thats it, nothing else and with Dx obviously, so that flash crash wasnt my problem at all

Squiggles Jan 5, 2019 11:25am | Post# 6934

{quote} Cheers, I don't want to knock anyone who is trading with pivots. No harm putting them on the chart and seeing what benefits they offer. They might be useful in a ranging markets, just be careful when the range breaks.
by how much ?

jack411 Jan 5, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 6935

{quote} Exactly the same. Are you just trading EU or got other pairs on the menu?
No other pairs, but I do YM. Occasionally NQ and ES.

C-12 Jan 6, 2019 5:15pm | Post# 6936

2 Attachment(s)
Here's AUDUSD. Notice the very small weekly holiday candle last week? Look at how tightly packed the current pivots are based on the previous week's range. Anyone trading off R61 or S61 without a stop would have been obliterated, and many certainly were. I think it's asking for trouble, but that's just my view. Happy to hear from others what benefits they offer. {image}
Here are the new pivot calculations based on last week's shenanigans compared to the prior week.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AU2.PNG
Size: 62 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD.PNG
Size: 59 KB

jack411 Jan 7, 2019 3:52pm | Post# 6937

Here is the 6E at the moment on 4hr, 1hr, and 15 min.... I think we will head up to the 4hr supply level next week. My reasoning is because it looks like we've most recently hit a well-defined demand zone,the supply that's stopped us from going up is sloppy, therefore we will continue higher until we hit a well-defined supply zone. Anybody see it differently? {image} {image} {image}

We did end up back in the 240min supply zone. That's where we're at as of right now. I wasn't home to trade it!

C or anybody else - I'd be curious to see your entries. I really like pullbacks into newly created zones, for entries. Price shot up today without many pullbacks for the most part. On days like this do you just wait for the break of the most recent bull candle and then enter?

C-12 Jan 7, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 6938

1 Attachment(s)
C or anybody else - I'd be curious to see your entries.
Just a single entry before work on this bull candle, there were a few M15/M5 demand retests later.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 30 KB

C-12 Jan 7, 2019 4:14pm | Post# 6939

1 Attachment(s)
Plenty of scalp entries on M15/M5 I reckon.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU2.PNG
Size: 57 KB

jack411 Jan 7, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 6940

{quote} Just a single entry before work on this bull candle, there were a few M15/M5 demand retests later. {image}

I think that one was 5;30 central time or so. I'm US and usually only trade the US session, I really need to try to get up earlier. Often times I see the London high/low get taken out and then a reversal (coinciding with S/D levels of course), but on days like this where we're the same direction all day, it would be great to get the early entry like yours.

© Forex Factory