Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C-12's Supply, Demand and PA thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=390673)

jack411 Jan 7, 2019 5:54pm | Post# 6941

Plenty of scalp entries on M15/M5 I reckon. {image}

you're right, some of those 5 min entries are what I love.

Giova86 Jan 9, 2019 10:41am | Post# 6942

1 Attachment(s)
sweet longs today on EU/GU, very nice setups
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 95 KB

C-12 Jan 10, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 6943

1 Attachment(s)
Had a sick day off work so managed to get some scalps in.

Current buy off H4/H1 SR. Don't like the time of day for opening positions so will keep it tight.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 29 KB

HiddenGap Jan 10, 2019 3:05pm | Post# 6944

2 Attachment(s)
sweet longs today on EU/GU, very nice setups {image}
Inserted Video

Keep It Simple Stupid

Click to Enlarge

Name: SP 4.jpg
Size: 139 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: SP 5.jpg
Size: 131 KB

C-12 Jan 11, 2019 3:36pm | Post# 6945

1 Attachment(s)
Damn, didn't expect that H1 zone to cause such a reversal but the PA came in.

Managed to get some late session scalps, M5 chart off H1 S/R

Have a good weekend.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.PNG
Size: 79 KB

MrDevisen Jan 12, 2019 7:56am | Post# 6946

Not a fan of pivots for a few reasons. Here's my take on them; A weekly pivot is a Fibonacci calculation (extension) based on the previous weekly candle. If the previous weekly candle range was low, the current pivots will be tightly packed together and vice versa. Pivots appear initially to offer support or resistance when price is ranging (which it does 80% of the time). What happens when price breaks out of a range? Only if the trader can read PA then they might avoid being annihilated as those lines are sliced through. This is why people get...

I know. EXPERIENCE IS BEST TEACHER.

Giova86 Jan 12, 2019 9:34am | Post# 6947

Damn, didn't expect that H1 zone to cause such a reversal but the PA came in. Managed to get some late session scalps, M5 chart off H1 S/R Have a good weekend. {image}
did you modified somehow settings of that SD zone indicator ? or you are using default one from this thread and changed only colors ? ty for answer
coz you have more zones than me on same graphs...

edit: figured out why omfg, i had "no show weak zones" as true...LOL

C-12 Jan 12, 2019 10:19am | Post# 6948

{quote} did you modified somehow settings of that SD zone indicator ? or you are using default one from this thread and changed only colors ? ty for answer coz you have more zones than me on same graphs... edit: figured out why omfg, i had "no show weak zones" as true...LOL
Yep, well worth having weak zones on I'd say.

MrDevisen Jan 12, 2019 2:49pm | Post# 6949

1 Attachment(s)
Does the indicator repaint below or above those circled zones?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 42 KB

C-12 Jan 12, 2019 3:11pm | Post# 6950

Does the indicator repaint below or above those circled zones? {image}
Yes, unfortunately this is a repainting indicator.

MrDevisen Jan 12, 2019 3:14pm | Post# 6951

{quote} Yes, unfortunately this is a repainting indicator.
Okay. Thank you.

Giova86 Jan 12, 2019 3:35pm | Post# 6952

I saw you are looking for slide show and rotations of graphs and time frames, plannig to trade more pairs again like in past ?

MrDevisen Jan 12, 2019 3:42pm | Post# 6953

1 Attachment(s)
So its is still important to check which currency is weaker or stronger when the indicator gives us that signal at those demand and supply levels right?

example ........NZDUSD longs worked because of NZD strength and USD weakness. ie more demand for NZD and less demand for USD.

Thank you great addition.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 53 KB

C-12 Jan 12, 2019 3:43pm | Post# 6954

{quote} I saw you are looking for slide show and rotations of graphs and time frames, plannig to trade more pairs again like in past ?
Sure am. Just swing trades this time rather than any intra-day stuff.

If I see a nice W1/D1 zone with some PA (like UCAD last week) then these are easy pickings.

I'm just going to assign one of my 4 monitors to just sit there cycling through them while I'm scalping EU.

C-12 Jan 12, 2019 3:50pm | Post# 6955

{quote} So its is still important to check which currency is weaker or stronger when the indicator gives us that signal at those demand and supply levels right?
I think just looking at the pair itself across higher TF's is good enough (zones, trend and PA)

If trading NZDUSD on H4 then I want to see both W1 and D1 chart. Ideally side by side.

The Semafor is purely informational. It identifies 3 levels of highs and lows (based on the Zig Zag indi) on the TF it's attached but doesn't mean we're at the end of a trend when it prints. It does look like it's picking tops and bottoms in hindsight.

I removed levels 1 and 2 to reduce clutter.

You could use a currency meter but these tend to be lagging indicators of strength and weakness.

Giova86 Jan 12, 2019 6:17pm | Post# 6956

{quote} Sure am. Just swing trades this time rather than any intra-day stuff. If I see a nice W1/D1 zone with some PA (like UCAD last week) then these are easy pickings. I'm just going to assign one of my 4 monitors to just sit there cycling through them while I'm scalping EU.
entries on h1 with analysis on D/W time frames ?

C-12 Jan 13, 2019 2:49am | Post# 6957

{quote} entries on h1 with analysis on D/W time frames ?
Going to try and stick with just W1 and D1.

Trying to avoid being sucked into intraday madness where I've got tons of positions opened across multiple pairs.

This can end up pretty stressful and by far my biggest trading flaw by far (compulsive button clicking).

Also got bad RSI in both hands. Another unspoken side effect of trading.

nathzcinco Jan 13, 2019 3:57am | Post# 6958

{quote} Going to try and stick with just W1 and D1. Trying to avoid being sucked into intraday madness where I've got tons of positions opened across multiple pairs. This can end up pretty stressful and by far my biggest trading flaw by far (compulsive button clicking).
Hi c12 I wanted to ask you what was your take on going through charts history candle by candle and trading supply/demand around key pivot areas/sup resistance to get years worth of screen time and also journaling each trade and reviewing them week by week

C-12 Jan 13, 2019 4:11am | Post# 6959

{quote} Hi c12 I wanted to ask you what was your take on going through charts history candle by candle and trading supply/demand around key pivot areas/sup resistance to get years worth of screen time and also journaling each trade and reviewing them week by week
I think it's best to accumulate the live (current action) screentime and journal it every night.

Going over past history might be useful on Weekly and Daily charts, but it's hard to go back and do this for lower TF's.

There's a huge amount to be gained from current screentime. You accumulate a lot more data and intuition from having skin in the game. Things like news output and also your emotional state.

nathzcinco Jan 13, 2019 6:57am | Post# 6960

{quote} I think it's best to accumulate the live (current action) screentime and journal it every night. Going over past history might be useful on Weekly and Daily charts, but it's hard to go back and do this for lower TF's. There's a huge amount to be gained from current screentime. You accumulate a lot more data and intuition from having skin in the game. Things like news output and also your emotional state.
I have an app called forex tester 3 which allows you to load up 15 years worth of data and go back and forth candle by candle on all timeframes from monthly to m1 and trade as if it was a live market ... would you not get a good feel for zones that work and also bias and how to play levels doing this ... regarding news I can also check the calendar and see what news was out

© Forex Factory