Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

frontline141 Jul 16, 2012 4:48am | Post# 21

1 Attachment(s)
here's a fail trade

I understand its a counter-trend

but the signals looks fine for me, seems I still dont get the system yet
Click to Enlarge

Name: 16-03 fail.jpg
Size: 106 KB

christiaandu Jul 16, 2012 4:49am | Post# 22

Very Excited

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks RJ. I have been following Symphonie for about 6months now. Struggled early on but started getting better once I started with your template and adding Xaphods less repainting indies. The STSi Dash (top corner) is my favourite indi by Xaphod. Gives you a great view of the higher timeframes at a glance. And makes the 60-5 method easy to trade. Will there be a similar indi for the Genesis?

Also I have a great indicator, one I cannot live without. Unfortionately I cannot share it as its a commercial indi. But seeing as there are such great programmers here I thought Id share the idea for you guys to use.

The lotsize indi in top left corner. Basicly I drag the red dashed line to the swing high or low. That represents your stoploss. Ive set my risk to 2%. Once I press a shortcut key it will automaticly set my stoploss at the line and calculate the exact lotsize I need to trade to risk 2% and enter the trade. If the red line is under the price it will buy, if its above it will sell. Very simple but perfect for those who struggle abit with money management.

O also I dont like adding too many support and resistance lines to a chart, but if I have to add 1 moving average it is the 600ema (on 5mins, 50 on 1hour) Its from the 15min trading made simple thread. Just a thought if some people would like to test it.

But thanks again you have been a great help to my trading in the previous thread and I hope I can learn more and contribute in your new thread. Best of luck.
-Christiaan du Plessis
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.jpg
Size: 137 KB

gtudor Jul 16, 2012 4:51am | Post# 23

YES

Finally some good news, after reading the other thread, Symphonie ... ,,.
May I really want to learn something from you. Make good job, good luck and patience, but especially students ... !

Cayhn Jul 16, 2012 4:53am | Post# 24

Simple and brilliant!

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 4:58am | Post# 25

here's a fail trade

With that trade, the PA bounced off the pivot line, as I mentioned in an earlier post. That often happens when the PA reaches a support/resistance line. It's rare that the PA just blasts right on through. Those bounces off strong support/resistance levels are best not traded counter to the trend.

puppet Jul 16, 2012 4:58am | Post# 26

Genesys Matrix

Will follow this thread with interest.Thanks.

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 4:59am | Post# 27

Thanks RJ. I have been following Symphonie for about 6months now. Struggled early on but started getting better once I started with your template and adding Xaphods less repainting indies. The STSi Dash (top corner) is my favourite indi by Xaphod. Gives you a great view of the higher timeframes at a glance. And makes the 60-5 method easy to trade. Will there be a similar indi for the Genesis?

Also I have a great indicator, one I cannot live without. Unfortionately I cannot share it as its a commercial indi. But seeing as there are such great programmers...
Thanks, and it's great to see you here

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 5:05am | Post# 28

Thanks for all your help Olivia......it's a team effort, no?
Yes its a team effort, but I'm the one who bagged the pips while you were setting this up, sorry about that

mikeld Jul 16, 2012 5:06am | Post# 29

Thanks RJ

RJ,
I have been a follower of the Symphonie for months now and am glad to see that you are continuing in your helping other traders to learn to trade. Always appreciated the diagrams, snapshots and information to help. I see many of the others from the thread here also and hope they will continue
also with their input and snapshots, I know there are some excellent traders here. Just want to say thanks to all. Mikeld

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 5:08am | Post# 30

here's a fail trade

In cases like that where its a downtrend and bounces at the pivot it will usually re-test it if it is going to carry on up, so I wait to see the retest before going against the trend of the moment, if it had re-tested then another buy signal I would have gone in. If there is no re-test and it just carries on going up then I've missed it and I don't worry about it.

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 5:13am | Post# 31

Yes its a team effort, but I'm the one who bagged the pips while you were setting this up, sorry about that
Don't be sorry.....just buy beers for us!!

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 5:16am | Post# 32

Don't be sorry.....just buy beers for us!!
Coming up

Macto Jul 16, 2012 5:34am | Post# 33

Thanks RJ to start this TS. So I can start my learning from here.
Subscribed!

sidefx Jul 16, 2012 5:35am | Post# 34

In cases like that where its a downtrend and bounces at the pivot it will usually re-test it if it is going to carry on up, so I wait to see the retest before going against the trend of the moment, if it had re-tested then another buy signal I would have gone in. If there is no re-test and it just carries on going up then I've missed it and I don't worry about it.
Thanks from me too on this - do you trade solely off the 5min signals? Great morning for you so far, no doubt

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 5:38am | Post# 35

Thanks from me too on this - do you trade solely off the 5min signals?
Yes I do, I used to trade H1 and M5 separately and treat them separately, but I just use M5 now, it gives more than enough pips. I've never traded the 60-5 method because I found if you wait for H1 and then go into an M5 trade because of it you are very often too late as M5 will make its move first. And yes, an excellent morning so far

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 5:38am | Post# 36

1 Attachment(s)
Coming up
A little bit more for the newer members about the current trade that Olivia is going to buy beers for!!

Red line is entry as mentioned before.

1. PA hit the Daily Pivot and bounced off, as it often does
2. PA retested Daily Pivot and then broke through
3. PA went on down and Hit S1 (where it currently is.

When PA broke through the DP.....it's time to bring the SL down into profit (just above the DP, which is now resistance) to eliminate risk from the trade. Now it's a free trade....yippee!!

Now that PA is thinking about breaking thought S1, we need to be aware that it might bounce a little here, so we bring our SL down into more profit to about +30....which is mid way between S1 and the DP. So....worst case scenario is that we get stopped out for +30. Nothing wrong with +30 is there?
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.jpg
Size: 188 KB

sidefx Jul 16, 2012 5:41am | Post# 37

Yes I do, I used to trade H1 and M5 separately and treat them separately, but I just use M5 now, it gives more than enough pips. I've never traded the 60-5 method because I found if you wait for H1 and then go into an M5 trade because of it you are very often too late as M5 will make its move first. And yes, an excellent morning so far
Thanks - with you on this. Intraday, prefer to stick to one TF.

sidefx Jul 16, 2012 5:48am | Post# 38

A little bit more for the newer members about the current trade that Olivia is going to buy beers for!!

Red line is entry as mentioned before.

1. PA hit the Daily Pivot and bounced off, as it often does
2. PA retested Daily Pivot and then broke through
3. PA went on down and Hit S1 (where it currently is.

When PA broke through the DP.....it's time to bring the SL down into profit (just above the DP, which is now resistance) to eliminate risk from the trade. Now it's a free trade....yippee!!

Now that PA is thinking about breaking thought...
Thanks RJ, another v. useful analysis to refer back to and learn from.

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 5:51am | Post# 39

Oh good just the EUR trade, not the other 3 as well thats a relief, could have got expensive

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 5:51am | Post# 40

1 Attachment(s)
One of my pet hates is a messy chart....it's just me....others can happily trade with many indicators on their chart. There is a very important indicator that I use, and it is the ATR indicator. The Average True Range. I have this on an M15 chart because I want to see more of the trend, and I can have the indi here without cluttering up my M5 chart.

ATR indi's purpose it to show us how far the PA has come today, and how much more the PA is likely to move. For instance, if the Average True Range of the EU pair for today is 150 pips, and the movement today is already 145 pips (which the indi will show), then it might not be too smart to enter another trade on that pair today.....unless.....there is a very good signal to do so. And if there is, keep the SL tight...just in case.

Below is a screenshot of what it looks like, but I'll let Olivia explain it because she is good with it, and I will get some more pips while she's yappin!
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.jpg
Size: 357 KB

© Forex Factory