Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

Matrix8756 Sep 10, 2012 5:12am | Post# 3881

Just taken a short EA a 1.2352 targetting 32/37 first and then 12/17 (WP area)
Idem
Let's see where it goes

Jep Sep 10, 2012 5:15am | Post# 3882

RJ, I do not seem to have any of the Genesis indicators in Insert/Indicators/Custom. I have downloaded indicators and templates in the past. Not sure why these will not show up.

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 5:17am | Post# 3883

RJ, I do not seem to have any of the Genesis indicators in Insert/Indicators/Custom. I have downloaded indicators and templates in the past. Not sure why these will not show up.
I just downloaded the zip file from Post #1, and are definitely there!!

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 5:18am | Post# 3884

Press Ctrl + I or right click on the chart and go to 'Indicator List' and tell us what you see in the list

RainyDay1 Sep 10, 2012 5:22am | Post# 3885

On a slow day like this, are there any signals that help to point to trade likely to pick up?

Is it better to just sit on it ... or try to trade the pivot ranges?

Matrix8756 Sep 10, 2012 5:25am | Post# 3886

On a slow day like this, are there any signals that help to point to trade likely to pick up?

It's always best to work around the pivot, though not always react. Watch AU who danced four times around the Pivot today.

Jep Sep 10, 2012 5:27am | Post# 3887

I just downloaded the zip file from Post #1, and are definitely there!!
Yes, I have them in my zip file but after extracting they do not show up in MT4. I have a Genesis folder under 'experts' but it is empty even after extracting. Let me know if you want me to take this offline. I do not want to clog up the thread with my personal problem.

Thanks again.

mannai70 Sep 10, 2012 5:29am | Post# 3888

The first part of this week might be in very tight range b/c the smart might be anticipating the German ruling on wed, so the market moves may not want to take heavy positions at the moment. A lot of the action in this week will probably be in the last three days.

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 5:30am | Post# 3889

Yes, I have them in my zip file but after extracting they do not show up in MT4. I have a Genesis folder under 'experts' but it is empty even after extracting. Let me know if you want me to take this offline. I do not want to clog up the thread with my personal problem.

Thanks again.
You shouldn't have the Genesis folder under experts. The indicators go in the folder /experts/indicators. That's why you can't find them. Watch this little clip:

Inserted Video

minako Sep 10, 2012 5:44am | Post# 3890

the high last friday was 2816 and low was 2625 = 190 pips for a 110 ATR projection

it is but natural for the pivots to be farther apart, so targets should be smaller than the regular pivots. logical, yes? round numbers/camarillas allow for shorter targets in this type of days. hope it helps

or just wait til what NY has to offer

PS: hello ms y!

olivierforex Sep 10, 2012 5:46am | Post# 3891

Just taken a short EA a 1.2352 targetting 32/37 first and then 12/17 (WP area)
Booked +15 on 1/2 of the trade at 2337, Stop now at B/E & still targetting the 12/17 WP area for +35/+40 with the 2nd half

Jep Sep 10, 2012 5:49am | Post# 3892

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=realjumper;5998751]You shouldn't have the Genesis folder under experts. The indicators go in the folder /experts/indicators. That's why you can't find them. Watch this little clip:

Got it. Thank you RJ.genesis template.gif
Click to Enlarge

Name: genesis template.gif
Size: 19 KB

olivierforex Sep 10, 2012 5:56am | Post# 3893

the high last friday was 2816 and low was 2625 = 190 pips for a 110 ATR projection...it is but natural for the pivots to be farther apart, so targets should be smaller than the regular pivots. logical, yes?
Absolutely Minako: because of Friday's big range, R1 is 125 pips away from the DP, and we might not reach many pivots today, so on days like these I concentrate on basic PA for my exits:
.the pivots that are nearby (if there are any)
.previous recent highs/lows
.basic trendlines
.Stox going OB/OS

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 5:57am | Post# 3894

Got it. Thank you RJ.genesis template.gif
If you have the indicators in the right place, then re-start MT4, you should see a chart like the one on Post # 2

Jep Sep 10, 2012 6:00am | Post# 3895

If you have the indicators in the right place, then re-start MT4, you should see a chart like the one on Post # 2
Working perfectly now. Thanks again for your patience.

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 6:08am | Post# 3896

Working perfectly now. Thanks again for your patience.
No problem....glad it's all working now

RainyDay1 Sep 10, 2012 7:01am | Post# 3897

Thanks for the replies and advices Matrix8756, Mannai70, Minako and Olivierforex.

Just a couple of specific questions:

Minako - Do you use camarillas only on these types of low-range days?

Olivierforex - Do you mean use typical PA including Stochs etc, without waiting for a Genesis Signal, for these low range days? Eg take a Stoch crossover leaving OB/OS areas in conjunction with trendlines etc, and not wait for the Genesis (as it would probably give a signal a bit late if we buy/sell after the matrix is completely drawn).

Appreciate the help as always

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 7:11am | Post# 3898

There's no a lot on offer here today at the moment. Remember, you don't *have* to trade, just because you can. These low range days are just a fact of life in the FX market......keeping you money in your pocket is also a position, just as sure as a 'buy' or a 'sell' is a position.

olivierforex Sep 10, 2012 8:12am | Post# 3899

Olivierforex - Do you mean use typical PA including Stochs etc, without waiting for a Genesis Signal, for these low range days? Eg take a Stoch crossover leaving OB/OS areas in conjunction with trendlines etc, and not wait for the Genesis (as it would probably give a signal a bit late if we buy/sell after the matrix is completely drawn).
A couple of things:
.I didn't say that we would have a 'low range day', I was only commenting on the pivots distances as a result of the previous day's big range. It's looking that way so far (30 pips top to bottom) but it could easily fly in either direction again soon; 2-3-4 big range days on the trot are always possible so bear that in mind but yes, after a big move, more often than not we get a period of consolidation!
.I don't just trade Genesis so I might have other entry setups although if I post a live trade in here it will be around the broad Genesis principles so as not to confuse anyone and also out of respect for our host (we don't want this thread to turn into a free-for-all so it's better to stick to learning/teaching Genesis instead).
.but to come back to your point, the 4 '.' I listed earlier are mainly used for exit strategy because if we carry on consolidating it's less likely that price will have the strength to break basic PA support/resistance so I have to adjust my TPs and be less 'greedy' so to speak.
Oli

joker24 Sep 10, 2012 8:19am | Post# 3900

There's no a lot on offer here today at the moment. Remember, you don't *have* to trade, just because you can. These low range days are just a fact of life in the FX market......keeping you money in your pocket is also a position, just as sure as a 'buy' or a 'sell' is a position.

Do you have any signs in advance to recognize a low range day?

What are your conditions to stop trading in case of a low range day?

© Forex Factory