Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

jjre65 Nov 4, 2013 9:27pm | Post# 19081

Hi G-Family, still sick, but back at home... I really dont like hospitals and my dogs need me at home. So who took my pips in the last time some action here? or quiet market or or or....
Welcome back FOM
I only took a few...............promise!

J

antantnz Nov 4, 2013 9:56pm | Post# 19082

{quote} Sorry for not getting back to you last night....I took the short as well and got stopped out! That was my one and only trade of the day
Ditto. The trade that I left to run (NU) stopped me out, the trade that I exited when it turned against me (EA) wouldn't have hit my SL in the end (although wouldn't have made much profit if left to run either).

Just one of those nights I think!

realjumper Nov 4, 2013 10:03pm | Post# 19083

{quote} Ditto. The trade that I left to run (NU) stopped me out, the trade that I exited when it turned against me (EA) wouldn't have hit my SL in the end (although wouldn't have made much profit if left to run either). Just one of those nights I think!
Yep...it was all rubbish!! I have made back my loss today already, and added a bit more, so it's all good.

RBA news in about 30 mins too

jjre65 Nov 4, 2013 10:08pm | Post# 19084

{quote} Yep...it was all rubbish!! I have made back my loss today already, and added a bit more, so it's all good. RBA news in about 30 mins too
Hi RJ

Did you catch the GJ short move?

J

realjumper Nov 4, 2013 10:12pm | Post# 19085

{quote} Hi RJ Did you catch the GJ short move? J
Yep...you too?

jjre65 Nov 4, 2013 10:14pm | Post# 19086

{quote} Yep...you too?
no just got home from work

nice trade

J

realjumper Nov 4, 2013 10:16pm | Post# 19087

{quote} no just got home from work nice trade J
I had just finished editing the M1 PDF so I was lucky to spot the entry

realjumper Nov 4, 2013 10:34pm | Post# 19088

RBA Statement in full

RainyDay1 Nov 5, 2013 2:05am | Post# 19089

Much like last month's

realjumper Nov 5, 2013 2:28am | Post# 19090

{quote} Much like last month's
Yeah.....nothing much was new there!! These Reserve Bank suits just love to hear their own voices....but nothing much changes!!

jjre65 Nov 5, 2013 4:59am | Post# 19091

Now I know I say I dont trade the news, and I didnt really.................this is what I call an 'RJ Special"

Spotted an opportunity to get to a no lose long on GU before news.
Moved SL to BE+6 a couple of mins before GBP red news at 10:30..............so I couldnt lose.............and just left the trade in the hands of the market.

Manual close +55 pips.

More of a roll of the dice than a 'trade', but great when it goes your way.............made up for the -17pips earlier on a poor entry.

J.

realjumper Nov 5, 2013 5:12am | Post# 19092

Now I know I say I dont trade the news, and I didnt really.................this is what I call an 'RJ Special\" Spotted an opportunity to get to a no lose long on GU before news. Moved SL to BE+6 a couple of mins before GBP red news at 10:30..............so I couldnt lose.............and just left the trade in the hands of the market. Manual close +55 pips. More of a roll of the dice than a 'trade', but great when it goes your way.............made up for the -17pips earlier on a poor entry. J.
Nice one J.....I had an eye on GU as well and it looked like it was itching to go up for quite a while before the news. I didn't take it, but I'm glad you did

realjumper Nov 5, 2013 5:16am | Post# 19093

1 Attachment(s)
M1 Method PDF

Ok, here is the PDF that is the result of the 4 week test of the M1 TF a few weeks back. I'll link it to Post #1 as well. Download it, read it through and understand it and then demo trade it for a while and see if you like it or not.

I find that it is a viable way to trade Intraday as we do, but it can also be kept just to use when the market is consolidating and M5 trades are hard to come by.

If you don't want to use it...that's fine too

Many thanks to Wiz3003 for his eagle eyed editing skills
[attach]1306448[/attach]

jjre65 Nov 5, 2013 5:17am | Post# 19094

{quote} Nice one J.....I had an eye on GU as well and it looked like it was itching to go up for quite a while before the news. I didn't take it, but I'm glad you did
Thanks RJ

Ive never forgotten seeing you use that technique and I look out for it.

Thats me for the night, work tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the day/night.

J

jjre65 Nov 5, 2013 5:18am | Post# 19095

M1 Method PDF Ok, here is the PDF that is the result of the 4 week test of the M1 TF a few weeks back. I'll link it to Post #1 as well. Download it, read it through and understand it and then demo trade it for a while and see if you like it or not. I find that it is a viable way to trade Intraday as we do, but it can also be kept just to use when the market is consolidating and M5 trades are hard to come by. If you don't want to use it...that's fine too {image}
Thanks RJ..............looking fwd to a good read tomorrow.

J

nikz Nov 5, 2013 5:57am | Post# 19096

Great to see you back FOM

Thank you very much RJ for sharing your M1 method, and Wiz3003 for helping you. I've just finished reading and I will try it for sure. The one thing I had in mind as I was reading the setup was "should we wait for 5x1 min block in ASCTrend Matrix to be completed before we make final decision?", but your last part explains all

Thanks again

Martyfish Nov 5, 2013 6:14am | Post# 19097

FOM,

Welcome back

realjumper Nov 5, 2013 6:15am | Post# 19098

{quote} Thanks RJ..............looking fwd to a good read tomorrow. J
No problem....

realjumper Nov 5, 2013 6:17am | Post# 19099

Great to see you back FOM Thank you very much RJ for sharing your M1 method, and Wiz3003 for helping you. I've just finished reading and I will try it for sure. The one thing I had in mind as I was reading the setup was \"should we wait for 5x1 min block in ASCTrend Matrix to be completed before we make final decision?\", but your last part explains all Thanks again
You're welcome. You might need to read it a few times, set up some charts and just have a look. Most questions should disappear once you see it in action, but like most things, it takes time to get the 'hang of it'......and you might find that it doesn't suit. It's all good though, and there might be something of value there

jalkok Nov 5, 2013 7:32am | Post# 19100

Thank you very much RJ, ... you must like what you are doing ... , for your pdf.
I think you made this thread the most valuable on FF

© Forex Factory