Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

Jamz Apr 4, 2013 4:47am | Post# 11521

In strong markets, pivot points are less important, I saw a pullback which took PA back to my MAs, while stochs very strong. Oh and only porridge for breakfast !! with blueberries and apricots !!
Thanks Marty, I guess it's like the first time you jump from a tree, or if you're RJ something higher, but then you can do it over and over. I will keep that in mind for the next Japanese party. I have been watching those type of pullbacks for some time as re-entry trading and that strong momentum is needed.
Gosh, I'd better be buying the rolled oats, there's a breeze blowin tonite to remind us whats ahead....och aye!....looking for Scottish emoticon...

Numero Apr 4, 2013 4:48am | Post# 11522

Please post charts when you ask these sorts of questions....it make it much easier for someone to help you
Sure thing RJ. I will assemble and post a chart. Thanks!

realjumper Apr 4, 2013 5:16am | Post# 11523

1 Attachment(s)
USDX might been taking a breath already.......
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdx.jpg
Size: 289 KB

realjumper Apr 4, 2013 5:34am | Post# 11524

I've just noticed that later we have:

Bernanke yappin......FOMC member George yappin.....FOMC member Yellen yappin

OMG......is it International yappin day or something????

itsallover Apr 4, 2013 5:39am | Post# 11525

I've just noticed that later we have: Bernanke yappin......FOMC member George yappin.....FOMC member Yellen yappin OMG......is it International yappin day or something????

.... oh great .... that's all we need to calm the markets!

Martyfish Apr 4, 2013 6:54am | Post# 11526

Thanks Marty, I guess it's like the first time you jump from a tree, or if you're RJ something higher, but then you can do it over and over. I will keep that in mind for the next Japanese party. I have been watching those type of pullbacks for some time as re-entry trading and that strong momentum is needed. Gosh, I'd better be buying the rolled oats, there's a breeze blowin tonite to remind us whats ahead....och aye!....looking for Scottish emoticon...

Thats why I like loads of MAs.

My H1 & M15 MAs were nice and wide/strong, there was a brief pause in price which had moved away from MAs, when PA returned to my MAs, and stochs were very strong.... simple

kosmo Apr 4, 2013 7:39am | Post# 11527

Thats why I like loads of MAs. My H1 & M15 MAs were nice and wide/strong, there was a brief pause in price which had moved away from MAs, when PA returned to my MAs, and stochs were very strong.... simple
If RJ doesn't mind, could I ask what MAs you use, Marty? Thanks.

realjumper Apr 4, 2013 7:52am | Post# 11528

If RJ doesn't mind, could I ask what MAs you use, Marty? Thanks.
Marty and I are discussing this in PM's Jo.....just hold on and we will see what we can arrange so that everyone can see the same thing and then we will all be on the same page without spoiling the system

kosmo Apr 4, 2013 7:59am | Post# 11529

Marty and I are discussing this in PM's Jo.....just hold on and we will see what we can arrange so that everyone can see the same thing and then we will all be on the same page without spoiling the system
Sounds great! Thanks RJ

PT-onyfx Apr 4, 2013 8:35am | Post# 11530

Good initiative. Thank you for the work you have and the help you give us.

Martyfish Apr 4, 2013 8:38am | Post# 11531

With approval of RJ,

I use the following MAs:

the Genesis 5EMA

then add:

25EMA - this was supposed to replicate the Genesis M15 5EMA, but I prefer a slightly stronger setting of 25EMA
60SMA - this is close to your Genesis 5EMA on your H1 chart

My rule, I only buy above 60SMA and only sell below 60SMA.

Then look for your standard Genesis signals along with 5EMA & 25EMA crosses.

You can then filter that by TFs, I would VERY rarely trade against my M15 60SMA

padila Apr 4, 2013 8:44am | Post# 11532

With approval of RJ, I use the following MAs: the Genesis 5EMA then add: 25EMA - this was supposed to replicate the Genesis M15 5EMA, but I prefer a slightly stronger setting of 25EMA 60SMA - this is close to your Genesis 5EMA on your H1 chart My rule, I only buy above 60SMA and only sell below 60SMA. Then look for your standard Genesis signals along with 5EMA & 25EMA crosses. You can then filter that by TFs, I would VERY rarely trade against my M15 60SMA
Thanks Marty and RJ. Will try out. Hopefully there will be more discussions on this line.

realjumper Apr 4, 2013 8:56am | Post# 11533

Thanks Marty and RJ. Will try out. Hopefully there will be more discussions on this line.
By all means try it out and use it if it helps. I have made this allowance just this once because moving averages are not too much to add/remove for each user.

The reason I'm so strict on not adding other stuff to the system is that we on the team want the system to be the same on page 1,000 and 2,000 as it is on page 1. That way new users of the system will see the same system throughout the thread.......not a system that has morphed into something that barely resembles the original system.

It's nothing to do with ego, or anything like that.....it is done to keep the system clean so that people can benefit from it for a long time to come. Too many threads here die because the system gets messed with too much until it becomes a disaster and the thread and system dies. Guess who is the big loser when that happens!

RJ

kosmo Apr 4, 2013 9:01am | Post# 11534

With approval of RJ, I use the following MAs: the Genesis 5EMA then add: 25EMA - this was supposed to replicate the Genesis M15 5EMA, but I prefer a slightly stronger setting of 25EMA 60SMA - this is close to your Genesis 5EMA on your H1 chart My rule, I only buy above 60SMA and only sell below 60SMA. Then look for your standard Genesis signals along with 5EMA & 25EMA crosses. You can then filter that by TFs, I would VERY rarely trade against my M15 60SMA
Thank you for sharing, Marty! I'm taking it to my trading laboratory

Martyfish Apr 4, 2013 9:08am | Post# 11535

By all means try it out and use it if it helps. I have made this allowance just this once because moving averages are not too much to add/remove for each user. The reason I'm so strict on not adding other stuff to the system is that we on the team want the system to be the same on page 1,000 and 2,000 as it is on page 1.
Also if everyone notices, I am not adding any new indicator to Genesis, just taking "MAs" from HTFs onto my LTF charts to help filter trades.

kosmo Apr 4, 2013 9:09am | Post# 11536

By all means try it out and us it if it helps. I have made this allowance just this once because moving averages are not too much to add/remove for each user. The reason I'm so strict on not adding other stuff to the system is that we on the team want the system to be the same on page 1,000 and 2,000 as it is on page 1. That way new users of the system will see the same system throughout the thread.......not a system that has morphed into something that barely resembles the original system. It's nothing to do with ego, or anything like that.....it...
Thank you for guarding the purity of the system RJ. As far as I read, Extreme TMA is one of those many morphed systems you describe. And what a shame!

Cold_W Apr 4, 2013 9:11am | Post# 11537

As far as I read, Extreme TMA is one of those many morphed systems you describe. And what a shame!
100% true!

PT-onyfx Apr 4, 2013 9:17am | Post# 11538

By all means try it out and use it if it helps. I have made this allowance just this once because moving averages are not too much to add/remove for each user. The reason I'm so strict on not adding other stuff to the system is that we on the team want the system to be the same on page 1,000 and 2,000 as it is on page 1. That way new users of the system will see the same system throughout the thread.......not a system that has morphed into something that barely resembles the original system. It's nothing to do with ego, or anything like that.....it...

Absolutely right.

realjumper Apr 4, 2013 9:22am | Post# 11539

Thank you for guarding the purity of the system RJ. As far as I read, Extreme TMA is one of those many morphed systems you describe. And what a shame!
Yep...TMA is one of the many. The greatest shame is that many, many systems here at FF work. But too many people seem to find it easier to keep adding stuff to the system to 'improve' it, without ever really getting to know the system.

As I was saying to Marty in a PM, I don't necessarily use the system 100% perfect on every trade. And as yu now know, neither does he. I'm sure others do likewise.....and that's great. I'm not saying that Genesis is perfect.....what I am saying is that it is a perfect base.....from which each person can build their own system that suits them absolutely. If people want to use the system as is, great....it works! If people can modify the system to suit themselves, because we are all different, then that's all good too. Perhaps they will leave the thread and live happily ever after....lol.....and that's all good too. The most important thing is that they leave the thread in the same state in which they found it, so that others might do as they did. If the system and thread morph into something else.....then it's all been for nothing and the next 'generation' will be as lost in the wilderness of FX trading just as you and I once were

RJ

Ati_82 Apr 4, 2013 9:37am | Post# 11540

the team want the system to be the same on page 1,000 and 2,000 as it is on page 1

well said, bravo.

© Forex Factory