Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

CandleStar Jul 16, 2012 5:55am | Post# 41

Cruel Lady!!!

Yes its a team effort, but I'm the one who bagged the pips while you were setting this up, sorry about that
You are so cruel I canīt believe it -

BTW it was a H1 H&S too, letīs see where the baseline is.

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:02am | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
One of my pet hates is a messy chart....it's just me....others can happily trade with many indicators on their chart. There is a very important indicator that I use, and it is the ATR indicator. The Average True Range. I have this on an M15 chart because I want to see more of the trend, and I can have the indi here without cluttering up my M5 chart.

ATR indi's purpose it to show us how far the PA has come today, and how much more the PA is likely to move. For instance, if the Average True Range of the UP pair for today is 150 pips, and the movement...
Don't worry, mine are still moving nicely. This is the ATR indie I prefer, you can't change any of the inputs except the colour (which you'll need to do if you have a black chart) If you hover over the lines, you will see when the day starts that above the price is high 2 then above that high1 then below price you have low 2 and low 1 in that order. When price reaches one of the lines for instance, on EJ now, price has reached and gone through Low 2 and Low 1, it then brings the High lines down to show where (if it now turns around) price is likely to reach the other way. I find it very useful, the lines very often act in the same was as S/R do and of course can break through on a good day just as price breaks through s/r.
[attach]1001008[/attach]

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:02am | Post# 43

You are so cruel I canīt believe it -

BTW it was a H1 H&S too, letīs see where the baseline is.
I missed that one, thanks for that.

guenter487 Jul 16, 2012 6:06am | Post# 44

hi rj,

have fun in your tread, thank you !

Mr Pippy Jul 16, 2012 6:08am | Post# 45

Good trendline indicator

Hey guys,

I'm thinking after months of finding my feet, this is what I've been looking for. Having found a great trendline indicator in TrueTL (you have to pay for it but 5 quid a month is peanuts)....I'm feeling good about moving to the next level.

The main issues I have is like now for instance where aud/usd and cable have changed momentum. Would be people trade these? Obviously waiting on the rules on post 1 of course

sidefx Jul 16, 2012 6:12am | Post# 46

Don't worry, mine are still moving nicely. This is the ATR indie I prefer, you can't change any of the inputs except the colour (which you'll need to do if you have a black chart) If you hover s/r....
Thx Olivia! Do you use stochs as per RJ's template or is it just the matrix/arrow & PA for you?..

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:15am | Post# 47

Thx Olivia! Do you use stochs as per RJ's template or is it just the matrix/arrow & PA for you?..
I use stochs now I understand them better, they took a while to get through my thick skull but made it in the end, and now I wouldn't trade without them

Patti Jul 16, 2012 6:17am | Post# 48

Loving this new thread

Thanks to all who started this thread. This is going to be fun.

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:18am | Post# 49

Thanks to all who started this thread. This is going to be fun.
Welcome Patti glad you could join us Trading is fun if you're making money and not making life too difficult for ourselves

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 6:18am | Post# 50

Hey guys,

I'm thinking after months of finding my feet, this is what I've been looking for. Having found a great trendline indicator in TrueTL (you have to pay for it but 5 quid a month is peanuts)....I'm feeling good about moving to the next level.

The main issues I have is like now for instance where aud/usd and cable have changed momentum. Would be people trade these? Obviously waiting on the rules on post 1 of course
Cable (GU) is bouncing off the Daily Pivot at the moment so I wouldn't be keen to enter a trade here at all. I would like to see it break out first.

AU is hovering around Fridays low....that area seems to be giving support at the moment, so we would need a breakout here too, before entering a trade.

It's not 'set in stone' but seeing as there is no news (that I can see) between now and NY open, perhaps the PA will consolidate here until then.

Mr Pippy Jul 16, 2012 6:21am | Post# 51

Long on A/U.....before failing to see your post like a noob....lesson learnt on that one!

Mr Pippy Jul 16, 2012 6:34am | Post# 52

Cable (GU) is bouncing off the Daily Pivot at the moment so I wouldn't be keen to enter a trade here at all. I would like to see it break out first.

AU is hovering around Fridays low....that area seems to be giving support at the moment, so we would need a breakout here too, before entering a trade.

It's not 'set in stone' but seeing as there is no news (that I can see) between now and NY open, perhaps the PA will consolidate here until then.
Just following up though.....fridays low? Wasn't that around 1.0123?

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:36am | Post# 53

I was just looking at that myself There is the weekly pivot at 1.0201.

realjumper Jul 16, 2012 6:40am | Post# 54

Yes you're quite right.....sorry.....with so much stuff going on I was looking at todays low on the M15 instead of Fridays low.

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:41am | Post# 55

Yes you're quite right.....sorry.....with so much stuff going on I was looking at todays low on the M15 instead of Fridays low.
You're forgiven

Mr Pippy Jul 16, 2012 6:42am | Post# 56

I had entered a buy trade for a/u as mentioned but got out as I thought I'd made an error of judgement....the stoch had started to fall so I thought I'd better get out. Not sure if this was the right move but hey

ohammond Jul 16, 2012 6:43am | Post# 57

I had entered a buy trade for a/u as mentioned but got out as I thought I'd made an error of judgement....the stoch had started to fall so I thought I'd better get out. Not sure if this was the right move but hey
We never know for sure, just go by what you feel at the time, thats all we can do. It doesn't look very inviting either way, with the weekly pivot just below and Fridays high just above.

magdelen Jul 16, 2012 6:48am | Post# 58

Hello Olivia and RJ,
Thanks for starting this thread, this will be the first time that i can follow a thread from the onset from profitable traders, maybe i will get my wish of going fulltime by December and give up the dreaded day job
I look forward to the journey

Mr Pippy Jul 16, 2012 6:52am | Post# 59

We never know for sure, just go by what you feel at the time, thats all we can do. It doesn't look very inviting either way, with the weekly pivot just below and Fridays high just above.
Was misreading my charts....was reading the 15th's high instead of 13th's. My bad.

Guess we wait for the three pairs to sort themselves out now

sidefx Jul 16, 2012 6:57am | Post# 60

Correlation

Olivia / RJ, what's your opinion on pair correlation? I notice you trade a few pairs...i'm weighing up whether to stick just with EU or monitor a small basket.

© Forex Factory