Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

Agoronaoka Sep 9, 2012 6:28am | Post# 3861

THANKS TO RJ

Thanks to RJ for this great work and every othere person that has contributed to the success of this great system, thanks for helping we upcoming traders to find our bearing in this business, i have study and used this system for some days now, it has gives me good result.
But i do have alittle problem using this indictors, after instualling the indicators my computer started hanging, i find it very diffcult anytime i want to switch between the timeframe 15 to 5min or 30min....., pls how do i slove this problem. thanks

Cody_R Sep 9, 2012 7:48am | Post# 3862

Thanks to RJ for this great work and every othere person that has contributed to the success of this great system, thanks for helping we upcoming traders to find our bearing in this business, i have study and used this system for some days now, it has gives me good result.
But i do have alittle problem using this indictors, after instualling the indicators my computer started hanging, i find it very diffcult anytime i want to switch between the timeframe 15 to 5min or 30min....., pls how do i slove this problem. thanks
The most common reason for your computer hanging is that you are missing some of the indicators needed to drive the matrix. Please check the troubleshooting link on the first page to see if that helps. Use a fresh download of the zip on page one and only use those files. Also, check that you have fewer than 300 ex4 files in your experts\indicators folder. And that you have the latest build of MT4 (432 or higher) running on your machine.
If that doesn't help, please post a screen shot if you can.
--Cody

Cody_R Sep 9, 2012 9:25am | Post# 3863

2 Attachment(s)
Is there a coder on this thread that could modify the arrow Histo indicator to a MTF-Version? The histogram is one color for rising arrow and stay that color until the next arrow.
Try this one, james.

This is a simultaneous display of the arrow on multiple time frames, in a format that matches the primary Genesis Matrix. The two most important inputs are: HTF_ARR.Period and HTF_ARR.Auto.

The higher time frame will auto-select the next higher time frame if you set HTF_ARR.Period=0 and HTF_ARR.Auto=1. This is useful when you flip time frames, because the time frames of the arrow matrix rows will auto-adjust.
You can also fix the second row to a specific time frame by entering a valid minutes of an MT4 chart in HTF_ARR.Period. The second row will not adjust when you flip time frames, in that case.

Place both indicators in your MT4 experts\indicators folder and restart MT4.

-Cody
ASCTrend.mq4
GenesisArrowMatrix 1.00_2.mq4

jamesT. Sep 9, 2012 9:57am | Post# 3864

Try this one, james.

This is a simultaneous display of the arrow on multiple time frames, in a format that matches the primary Genesis Matrix. The two most important inputs are: HTF_ARR.Period and HTF_ARR.Auto.

The higher time frame will auto-select the next higher time frame if you set HTF_ARR.Period=0 and HTF_ARR.Auto=1. This is useful when you flip time frames, because the time frames of the arrow matrix rows will auto-adjust.
You can also fix the second row to a specific time frame by entering a valid minutes of an MT4 chart in HTF_ARR.Period....
Hi Cody,
many thanks for sharing this great indicator and your work.
Maybe realjumper can put the link to this indicator in Post #1.

.. can't wait to test it out.

have a great weekend

jamesT.

minako Sep 9, 2012 11:11am | Post# 3865

EU is approaching R4 @ 1.2793. it wont short until it reaches 1.2800. not giving any predictions but its quite the logical direction.. imho.
it's called path of least resistance a very happy weekend indeed! hope you had some too!

cgforex Sep 9, 2012 6:24pm | Post# 3866

Is there a coder on this thread that could modify the arrow Histo indicator to a MTF-Version? The histogram is one color for rising arrow and stay that color until the next arrow.

Attachment 1035170

Attachment 1035169
James,
How does it match up and work with Genesis Matrix. I tend to keep my charts pretty simple but like the simplicity of the indi.

Rob

jamesT. Sep 9, 2012 7:12pm | Post# 3867

James,
How does it match up and work with Genesis Matrix. I tend to keep my charts pretty simple but like the simplicity of the indi.

Rob
Hi Rob,
I use the new GenesisArrowMatrix indicator as an eye catcher for better identification of the 15 min MTF arrow signal in the 5 min time frame.

jamesT.

cgforex Sep 9, 2012 7:38pm | Post# 3868

Hi Rob,
I use the new GenesisArrowMatrix indicator as an eye catcher for better identification of the 15 min MTF arrow signal in the 5 min time frame.

jamesT.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am loading the indi and will give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing and thanks Cody for coding.

Cody_R Sep 9, 2012 7:55pm | Post# 3869

Thanks for the quick reply. I am loading the indi and will give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing and thanks Cody for coding.
You're very welcome. I hope you find it useful. Just be sure to download both indicators. Just because an indicator has the same name doesn't mean it will work the same
--Cody

yelena Sep 9, 2012 10:13pm | Post# 3870

loving this new toy! and seem to also give the same warning as the MTF triple dots/arrow. thank you so much cody!

erksa Sep 9, 2012 11:16pm | Post# 3871

Cody,

Thanks for the really good indicator byt I have downloaded the MTF Arrow and AscTrend indicator but the indicator is all blue.. I think I have made a mistake..

Thanks.

You're very welcome. I hope you find it useful. Just be sure to download both indicators. Just because an indicator has the same name doesn't mean it will work the same
--Cody

olivierforex Sep 10, 2012 2:51am | Post# 3872

and seem to also give the same warning as the MTF triple dots/arrow
It's the same indicator only it's in a histogram format.
Same 'warning' applies: when you look at the M15 line on a M5 chart (the bottom line), please remember that the M15 change of colour happened only on the 3rd dot (not the first)!
PS: Good to see you back

yelena Sep 10, 2012 3:32am | Post# 3873

It's the same indicator only it's in a histogram format.
Same 'warning' applies: when you look at the M15 line on a M5 chart (the bottom line), please remember that the M15 change of colour happened only on the 3rd dot (not the first)!
PS: Good to see you back
oh thanks. but you yourself have been quiet for sometime it's Q4, very busy time of the year for me.

yup. the first MTF arrow only painted at close of M15 bar. the second one (triple dots/arrows) had fore warnings when it attempts to spawn which was in this indi too. so that's really handy. love it! just like now

Jep Sep 10, 2012 4:48am | Post# 3874

Latest Template from page 1

Hi Genesis traders,

I have downloaded the zip file and installed the indicators in experts/indicators. I have installed the .tpl file in 'templates'. When I load the Genesis template I have HA bars, 5ema, and Stochastics in panel 2. I have tried and retried the troubleshooting instructions from Cody on page 1 to no avail.

I am running MT4, build 432.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

arinzefx Sep 10, 2012 4:49am | Post# 3875

Correlation

Please can someone help in shedding more light on ;-
1.how to trade the correlated pair with genesis signal,
2.currencies mostly watched, 4 or 5 pairs
3.what should be expected from the pairs before pulling the trigger apart from the genesis signal.
4.is there any of the pairs that serve as a signal(e.g gu) to trade other pairs.
I understanding the genesis, but i would love to know more about trading the correlated pairs with genesis.
I must not fail to say that i have learnt so much from this thread.
Thanks in advance.

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 4:52am | Post# 3876

Hi Genesis traders,

I have downloaded the zip file and installed the indicators in experts/indicators. I have installed the .tpl file in 'templates'. When I load the Genesis template I have HA bars, 5ema, and Stochastics in panel 2. I have tried and retried the troubleshooting instructions from Cody on page 1 to no avail.

I am running MT4, build 432.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Perhaps you could post a screenshot so that we don't have to guess at what your problem is??

Matrix8756 Sep 10, 2012 5:01am | Post# 3877

Oggi

Today there is a specific direction.
There will be dancing?

Jep Sep 10, 2012 5:05am | Post# 3878

Thank you RJ

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: genesis template.gif
Size: 19 KB

Sorry if I was unclear. I do not seem to have any of the other indicators. Thank you.

olivierforex Sep 10, 2012 5:06am | Post# 3879

EA

Just taken a short EA a 1.2352 targetting 32/37 first and then 12/17 (WP area)

realjumper Sep 10, 2012 5:11am | Post# 3880

Attachment 1035588

Sorry if I was unclear. I do not seem to have any of the other indicators. Thank you.
Not sure what's going on there but anyway....drag 'arrow.ex4' onto your chart.....you may have to adjust the colours to suit. Then drag 'GenesisMatrix 2.21_1.ex4' onto your chart.....you may wish to adjust the colours there too.

Let us know how you get on

© Forex Factory