Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Genesis Matrix Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373796)

ronald_fsm Sep 3, 2012 4:20am | Post# 3541

1 Attachment(s)
At the moment ,EU stay at pivot lines,is that my chart correct? thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu h1.gif
Size: 28 KB

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 4:23am | Post# 3542

At the moment ,EU stay at pivot lines,is that my chart correct? thanks

Yep

alij79 Sep 3, 2012 4:47am | Post# 3543

Realjumper thank you for such an amazing system.. however at lower tf i.e. 5m, 15m its giving quite a few false signals today, so how do you filter that?

moreover is there any dashboard for Genesis which can show indicators on different Tfs so that we can monitor all tf from single screen..?

thanks again!

At the moment the PA is sitting on a decent support area that was previously a resistance area....and, you can see the tight range we are in at the moment (yellow box).

Perhaps draghi's yapping will break us out of here, but until we get out....best to keep your powder dry

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 4:51am | Post# 3544

Realjumper thank you for such an amazing system.. however at lower tf i.e. 5m, 15m its giving quite a few false signals today, so how do you filter that?

moreover is there any dashboard for Genesis which can show indicators on different Tfs so that we can monitor all tf from single screen..?

thanks again!
If you look about 5 posts above this one, you'll see where I have posted a chart showing the tight range we are in, and that it might be a good idea to not to attempt to trade this pair!!!!

Also.....a couple of pages back I made a post about Genesis tools that Xaphod has developed for us....see if you can find the post and the link!!!!

ohammond Sep 3, 2012 4:52am | Post# 3545

thanks again!
Which false signals have you had?

ronald_fsm Sep 3, 2012 4:52am | Post# 3546

there are no good set up at the moment from major pair, while the market sideways. Do you people have any explanation?

bubola Sep 3, 2012 4:53am | Post# 3547

1 Attachment(s)

thanks again!
you can try this
STSn Dash.ex4

ohammond Sep 3, 2012 4:58am | Post# 3548

there are no good set up at the moment from major pair, while the market sideways. Do you people have any explanation?
AU was nice a bit earlier.

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 5:02am | Post# 3549

AU was nice a bit earlier.
My EA long is still hanging in there at about +13.....it's hovering at the days high so I set SL to BE and now it can do whatever it wants!!!

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 6:04am | Post# 3550

This is like watching paint dry! I guess we can hope that Draghi running his mouth can put a match under this PA....if not, perhaps there will nothing due to the USA bank holiday......

mannai70 Sep 3, 2012 6:23am | Post# 3551

This is like watching paint dry! I guess we can hope that Draghi running his mouth can put a match under this PA....if not, perhaps there will nothing due to the USA bank holiday......
I think if it doesn't move after he speaks then it's probably a good idea to shut down after london is closed.

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 6:28am | Post# 3552

I think if it doesn't move after he speaks then it's probably a good idea to shut down after london is closed.
Yes I agree. Better to keep your money in your pocket and see what tomorrow brings.

alij79 Sep 3, 2012 6:44am | Post# 3553

thanks I got it.....thts really useful...

If you look about 5 posts above this one, you'll see where I have posted a chart showing the tight range we are in, and that it might be a good idea to not to attempt to trade this pair!!!!

Also.....a couple of pages back I made a post about Genesis tools that Xaphod has developed for us....see if you can find the post and the link!!!!

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 6:46am | Post# 3554

thanks I got it.....thts really useful...

mannai70 Sep 3, 2012 6:49am | Post# 3555

RJ,

At what pt do you usually bring your SL to BE

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 6:59am | Post# 3556

RJ,

At what pt do you usually bring your SL to BE
I don't really have a hard rule about that, it depends on the behaviour of the PA. On my EA trade, it took about 2 hours to gain 17 pips so to, I deduced that it was going to be a long hard slog to gain a decent profit, so I set the SL to BE at about that level, or slightly less, and I'm happy for it to get hit if need be.

When we have a decent trend, I might move to BE at (say +25). It all depends on how the PA behaves. As a guide, if the PA is quite choppy, then moving to BE early will see it get hit, so you may need to allow the PA more 'breathing space'. On a strong trend when the PA doesn't really pullback, you can perhaps shift to BE a bit earlier.

It's a judgement call so I can't really be more specific than that.

mannai70 Sep 3, 2012 7:01am | Post# 3557

3 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would share some of my personal charts that I capture and write notes on so I can review them later on and learn from them.
I would encourage others to do this as well during the day b/c even when examining the trades later you can figure out little things that one should look for.
Maybe it can help someone else as well.

Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea pa and trade analysis.gif
Size: 69 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: aug 27 double rejection trade.gif
Size: 47 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: aug 24 pa breaking thru pivot.gif
Size: 42 KB

realjumper Sep 3, 2012 7:22am | Post# 3558

Just thought I would share some of my personal charts that I capture and write notes on so I can review them later on and learn from them.
I would encourage others to do this as well during the day b/c even when examining the trades later you can figure out little things that one should look for.
Maybe it can help someone else as well.

Thanks
Building up a personal journal like you have done is one of the best things you can do. Review it often and you will avoid repeating silly mistakes....of all sorts.

mannai70 Sep 3, 2012 7:26am | Post# 3559

Building up a personal journal like you have done is one of the best things you can do. Review it often and you will avoid repeating silly mistakes....of all sorts.
yeah, it helps me quite a bit. I try to review it over the weekend or at the end of the day.

This is some tight PA today.

Your EA long seems to have turned out decently, coming up on the R2 now.

mannai70 Sep 3, 2012 7:28am | Post# 3560

Notice the GU pa 5 mins before the news was released today lol, same thing last month. Looks like someone is leaking the news early.

© Forex Factory