Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Incorporating Damiani_volatmeter v3.2 into EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=373747)

N_na_nah Jul 15, 2012 7:23pm | Post# 1

Incorporating Damiani_volatmeter v3.2 into EA

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Friends from all over the globe.........

I have this great and unbelievable indicator called "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2"
which I am using with the following values;

Vis_atr 24
Vis_std 5
Sed_atr 24
Sed_std 42
Threshold_level 1.65
lag_supressor true
max_bars 2000

My question is how to incorporate this iCustom indicator into EA, when the gray line slope down for the last 2 bars, that's all.

I will be very grateful for any kind of help or suggestion.
Thank you
Damiani_volatmeter v3.2.ex4

CodeMeister Jul 15, 2012 8:31pm | Post# 2

Try This

First let me say, I did not load your indicator into a chart.

The problem I have found with most unbelievable indicators is that they repaint the chart - that is why they are unbelievable. They are also useless in an EA. Some repainting indicators can be used manually if you understand how it works, but to incorporate that kind of knowledge into an EA is very difficult if not impossible.

How to tell if it repaints? There is a web site that lists the tests for you to run for repainting indicators. I remember using it a year ago, but cant' remember the link. But it was easy to find and I think there's a FF thread about it.

hayseed Jul 15, 2012 9:15pm | Post# 3

volatmeter

hey na na nah..... there is no way for me to verify your "ex" version matches my "mq4" version, but providing they are the same, use buffer 0.....

rough example.....

Inserted Code

if(iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,3) > iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,2)
  && 
 iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,2) > iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,1)

//----

luis damiani was one of the early active coders..... search for him, zeeman or kustus osentogg...... most of the early guys are gone, but some of the code still lives......h

N_na_nah Jul 15, 2012 10:03pm | Post# 4

The problem I have found with most unbelievable indicators is that they repaint the chart - that is why they are unbelievable. They are also useless in an EA.
Hi my dear !
To tell you the truth, I never give credit to any indicator. The only way for me to give a superlative statement like the above is by its scalping accurate.

N_na_nah Jul 15, 2012 10:20pm | Post# 5

hey na na nah..... there is no way for me to verify your "ex" version matches my "mq4" version, but providing they are the same, use buffer 0.....

rough example.....

Inserted Code

if(iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,3) > iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,2)
  && 
 iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,2) > iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",0,1)
//----
Thank you. I appreciate your help
Your input helped me to avoid to write the whole thing. like this..
Inserted Code

iCustom(NULL,0,"Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",Vis_atr,Vis_std,Sed_atr,Sed_std,Threshold_level,lag_supressor,max_bars,2,0);
//----

N_na_nah Jul 15, 2012 10:53pm | Post# 6

How to insert my own value

I appreciate very much any help !
I will be glad if any one would instruct me how to add my "own" values of Damiani indicator into an ea,
My own values are;
Vis_atr = 24;
Vis_std = 5;
Sed_atr = 24;
Sed_std = 42;
Threshold_level = 1.65;
lag_supressor = true;
max_bars = 2000;

hayseed Jul 15, 2012 11:13pm | Post# 7

buffer 0

your using buffer 2 in your code and unless version is different than mine, the silver line is buffer 0.....

in my code example above, i did not designate any values for the variables so the ea would use the default values....

you can use extern inputs or just hard code the values in the icustom line such as below...

//---
Inserted Code

// Vis_atr = 24;
// Vis_std = 5;
// Sed_atr = 24;
// Sed_std = 42;
// Threshold_level = 1.65;
// lag_supressor = true;
// max_bars = 2000; 

iCustom(NULL,0,"Damiani_volatmeter v3.2",24,5,24,42,1.65,true,2000,0,1);

N_na_nah Jul 16, 2012 12:00am | Post# 8

your using buffer 2 in your code and unless version is different than mine, the silver line is buffer 0.....
hayseed
I really appreciate for taking the time to clarify this matter, as I have only the ex4 and no way to know which buffer is the silver line.

Your input is very valuable to me.
Thanks

fxdaytrader_ Mar 17, 2014 9:20am | Post# 9

as I have only the ex4 and no way to know which buffer is the silver line
use the forumsearch and find the mq4-version (latest version?) here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...54#post7156654

© Forex Factory