Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Noob needs to learn more - what books do I need? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=367514)

TPOTrader Dec 18, 2012 4:36am | Post# 41

Based on what i've read these are my recommended books

1. Markets in profile
2. Order flow trading for fun and profit
3. Pitbull lessons from wall street's champion daytrader
4. Market wizards
5. Tao of poker

TheDivine Jan 6, 2013 1:58pm | Post# 42

My man, It seems we are having same path, same thing happens with me i will trade 2 or 3 weeks good, and last week of month I want to reach certain amount of money to round up or something and I will flush everything in 2 or 3 days, greed and over-leveraging i start losing discipline, and you know the story.

Only I've lost in two years around 4000 dollars, last thing was in November, I started with 900 usd on Oct 22 till 18 November I almost double my account 1700 usd, and I wanted to buy X-Pro 1 camera with the profit, but the camera is 1300 usd, so the story is in 2 days wipe out. Now I rested till 3 Jan 13, and i'm starting with Xman System, just on 1 Hr chart.

Hi All
I lost quite a lot of money on trading, so I thought it would be better to spend some money on education in stead of loosing them on markets. I try to read about different markets although am interested mostly in forex
So far I read, or have in my library waiting to be read:

The Little Book of Common sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns (Little Books. Big Profits) by John C. Bogle

my first book about markets I ever read, and very interesting. I have few grands...

WilliamDa Jan 10, 2013 5:07am | Post# 43

My man, It seems we are having same path, same thing happens with me i will trade 2 or 3 weeks good, and last week of month I want to reach certain amount of money to round up or something and I will flush everything in 2 or 3 days, greed and over-leveraging i start losing discipline, and you know the story.

Only I've lost in two years around 4000 dollars, last thing was in November, I started with 900 usd on Oct 22 till 18 November I almost double my account 1700 usd, and I wanted to buy X-Pro 1 camera with the profit, but the camera is 1300...

Same thing happened to me twice. Now I just control my self not to lose any thing.

Inve_star Aug 13, 2013 12:07am | Post# 44

I have to admit, after reading this thread, so much light has been thrown on the pure psychology of mastering ones emotions when it comes to trading! Look strategies I believe can be developed by the masses of analysts out there, but the psych of controlling the strategy by strict proportion is of huge importance. I have read many books (not going to list on an older thread now) and have been watching the markets and the reactions to FA events for a long period until I have eventually decided to start trading. Of course, I am still on a demo account, going on to my 4th month now, but I seem to be developing a strategy that is profitable, when I can control my emotions... havent run an account dry yet. So that said... the comments and advice from the experienced traders are HUGELY appreciated!

xtrader101 Aug 13, 2013 2:16am | Post# 45

Van Tharp's : Definitive Guide to Position Sizing if you can find one available.

Eur Usd Aug 13, 2013 4:00am | Post# 46

Van Tharp's : Definitive Guide to Position Sizing if you can find one available.
I know how to proper position size - I can teach others about mm, ps and psychology - the point is that I cannot master mine

© Forex Factory