Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   False Virus alert on AVG for MT4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=35181)

Mtav Jun 21, 2007 4:04pm | Post# 1

False Virus alert on AVG for MT4

hi
i recived today one alert about "Win32/Heur" virus in terminal.exe, i dont find nothing about this virus
did some one have same problem? how to solve it?

awsl Jun 21, 2007 8:52pm | Post# 2

I am having similar problem with the shitty AVG, all my MT4 platform are not able to load.

gpw797 Jun 21, 2007 8:54pm | Post# 3

avg is famous for false positives....

Howtoforex Jun 22, 2007 12:16am | Post# 4

Same here! All MT4 Platforms are disabled !

hanover Jun 22, 2007 3:29am | Post# 5

Yesterday I also experienced this problem.

Downloading a fresh MT4 version from MetaQuotes had no effect. Likewise downloading versions from three other brokers (Alpari, Crown Forex and Interbank FX). It seems that all versions of MT4 are blighted, specifically the executables terminal.exe and metalang.exe

Furthermore, uninstalling AVG, and then downloading MT4 from MetaQuotes didn't help. Instead, I got the error "Access to the specified device, path or file is denied".

The only solution I've found is a reformat of the hard drive and reload of Windows. That's after spending 6 hours myself trying to fix, and then paying a local computer consultant > $200 to perform a complete overhaul, including a cleanup of the hard drive, and a rebuild of system areas including the Windows registry.

All in all, a frustrating and costly experience. Thank goodness I'm only using MT4 to demo trade. I'm now seriously considering ditching MT4 in favor of a broker who uses a different trading platform.

David

Mtav Jun 22, 2007 4:44am | Post# 6

Yesterday I also experienced this problem.

Downloading a fresh MT4 version from MetaQuotes had no effect. Likewise downloading versions from three other brokers (Alpari, Crown Forex and Interbank FX). It seems that all versions of MT4 are blighted, specifically the executables terminal.exe and metalang.exe

Furthermore, uninstalling AVG, and then downloading MT4 from MetaQuotes didn't help. Instead, I got the error "Access to the specified device, path or file is denied".

The only solution I've found is a reformat of the hard drive and reload of Windows. That's after spending 6 hours myself trying to fix, and then paying a local computer consultant > $200 to perform a complete overhaul, including a cleanup of the hard drive, and a rebuild of system areas including the Windows registry.

All in all, a frustrating and costly experience. Thank goodness I'm only using MT4 to demo trade. I'm now seriously considering ditching MT4 in favor of a broker who uses a different trading platform.

David
Hi there
For me it is a huge problem, with real accounts, no Iím waiting for what Grisoft, and MetaQuotes say!
I think there is out there many people not working in a professional way.
I will notice when I have news.

awsl Jun 22, 2007 5:21am | Post# 7

after I get rid of the AVG software, all the MT4s are all working as normal.

Mtav Jun 22, 2007 3:34pm | Post# 8

problem solved

hi
for me problem solved and AVG staf have been fantastic

this last e-mail i recived
"....
Thank you for your email.

We would like inform you that these files were already removed from the detection in the latest update 269.9.6/862.

Please accept our apologies for inconvenience.

Thank you for cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Erich Neugebauer
AVG Technical Support

http://www.grisoft.com
mailto: technicalsupport@grisoft.com"

analizer Jun 22, 2007 4:15pm | Post# 9

Sorry, but what is AVG?. I also use MT4 and didnt notice any problem.... does it affect all MT4 brokers users?
thanks.

willf Jun 22, 2007 4:22pm | Post# 10

Sounds like a problem with AVG not MT4.

Mtav Jun 22, 2007 4:28pm | Post# 11

Sorry, but what is AVG?. I also use MT4 and didnt notice any problem.... does it affect all MT4 brokers users?
thanks.
Hi
AVG is a GRISOFT antivirus that i use.

Mtav Jun 22, 2007 4:29pm | Post# 12

Sounds like a problem with AVG not MT4.
hi
yes completly rigth problem with antivirus "false positive", nothing to report about MT4

melpheos Jun 22, 2007 5:13pm | Post# 13

this happened also a few month ago where some russian package of MT4 was also sending false positive alert from different antivirus...

Lionwing Jun 22, 2007 6:08pm | Post# 14

AVG and MT4

Hi Guys

I'm having the same problem with AVG and MT4.

Thanks for all the posts. It's good to see I'm not alone.

I'll contact AVG.

Thanks

Lionwing

tesla Jun 23, 2007 2:58pm | Post# 15

The way most antivirus programs work is they check the files on your machine against the "signature" of known viruses. Since new viruses are released all the time, the programs download a fresh database of virus signatures on a regular basis.

It's not unheard of for an innocent file to be tagged as infected and for antivirus software to throw a shield around it so it can't be accessed. It sounds like that's what's happening now.

I'd bet money that the problem has already been fixed by the vendor. If you're still experiencing the problem, prompt your antivirus software to download a fresh virus signature database. How do you do that? I'm not sure since I don't use a common antivirus program, but I'm pretty sure you can do it from the main menu.

Hope this helped.

mikeh3855 Jun 23, 2007 5:38pm | Post# 16

Yes, as stated above. In the case of AVG, click on the icon in the start up tray at the bottom of your desktop and open the program. Click on "check for updates" and choose "internet". It will bring you to an update page in which you can update to AVGs latest. The latest update will fix the problem.

sergej_2 Jul 30, 2008 2:42am | Post# 17

try avira

www.free-av.com

works well for me

Mokos Dec 24, 2018 5:03am | Post# 18

I choose antivirus. And I can not decide which one will be better TotalAV or AVG. If you look at the comparison and rating they are the same. Here avg review. Your preferences?

© Forex Factory